“Birthday trip to Birmingham”

Browns Brasserie & Bar
Ranked #73 of 2,346 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Set against the elegant backdrop of St Martin’s Square, Browns Birmingham is part of the thriving new restaurant scene at Spiceal Street. Where better to begin sampling the Second City’s eating-out revolution?.Whether at work or play, Browns offers a uniquely relaxing atmosphere. Unwind over a plate of freshly cooked, modern food. Start your weekend in style with one of our expertly mixed cocktails. Or reward the day’s efforts with a glass of what you fancy from our well-chosen wine and beer range
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We visited Browns bar on Tuesday for lunch while we where on a birthday treat for myself such a great place lovely atmosphere great decor ,The service was slow as was obvious to us they where short staffed .We where eventually served by a lovely lady who happened to be pregnant I had the browns salad with poached eggs was absolutely delicious my husband had a caesar which was just as good I finished it off with a Peruvian brownie sooo delicious with ice cream I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Birmingham bull ring great experience

2  Thank 93Lorraine
BrownsManager, Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear 93Lorrain

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, and what a great review it was. I am delighted to hear that the team impressed you on what was a particulaly busy shift , they will be very pleased with your comments.

We hope to see you soon.

Regards
Laura Godridge
Assistant manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Love browns in Cardiff so thought why not give it a go in Birmingham?! Fantastic and was not disappointed. The Brown's brand is a staple for cocktail lovers, menu is brill, staff extremely friendly and helpful.

The venue location is a bonus - a 2 min walk from the Birmingham Bullring travelodge where I was staying (handy after a few!) and it's within the bullring complex so plenty of restaurants and other bars and of course shops if you fancy. Will always return! Thanks all!

1  Thank travelledfrom0
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Three friends who meet every few months in Cities around the country, Birmingham this month, and a return visit to Browns, we were shown to a table inside at the back, this initially seemed to be ok, but one friend found the over powering smell of exotic lilies unpleasant to eat near.
We moved ourselves to another area over by the staires, good view of the restaurant and large windows looking over the outside seating. we all chose the starter of smoked salmon with rocket, and brown bread...fairly average flavour and the bread needed toasting.. also presentation in an unsuitable oversized bowl.. we three then each had different main courses, beef sandwich with fries for the gentleman in our group, a baked goat cheese salad and green beans with side order of chunky chips for myself, as a preference I would have liked to be able to SEE the goats cheese rather than hunt for it amongst the leaves, I thought I had ordered feta salad as this is how it appeared. I think we all should have chosen the sea bass which our friend had, this was well presented and she said it was 'delicious'. A light white wine was chosen to accompany our main course. Peruvian Chocolate brownies stole the show + coffees X 3

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Had breakfast here, ordered eggs benedict, tasteless is the word that springs to mind, the muffins weren't even warm let alone toasted and the ham was processed reformed rubbish. coffee was horrid too.

1  Thank elca81
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Visited browns today for late Sunday lunch,service was first class everybody so helpful and
Friendly,food was very good had Sunday roast and was delicious couldn't fault anything
and wil deffinently return
Hope to see you all soon.

2  Thank Patriciaobrien
BrownsManager, Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Patriciaobrian

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad we impressed you. The Team will be delighted with your comments.We look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards