“Waitress excellent, food okay”

Browns Brasserie & Bar
Ranked #77 of 2,323 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Set against the elegant backdrop of St Martin’s Square, Browns Birmingham is part of the thriving new restaurant scene at Spiceal Street. Where better to begin sampling the Second City’s eating-out revolution?.Whether at work or play, Browns offers a uniquely relaxing atmosphere. Unwind over a plate of freshly cooked, modern food. Start your weekend in style with one of our expertly mixed cocktails. Or reward the day’s efforts with a glass of what you fancy from our well-chosen wine and beer range
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very pleased with our waitress who helped us to get on to the free wifi because we didn't have a British mobile number. Food was good but not amazing....my scrambled eggs were a little dry and definitely not cooked the French way. But a pleasant experience that I would recommend.

Browns B, General Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Christelle M,
Many thanks for your comments regarding your visit recently and I'm happy to read such a great review of your service and that you managed to make the most of our free Wi-Fi. Please do pay us another visit next time you're back in the UK.
Regards
Elizabeth Davies

Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We dined at Brown’s for the Lobster Night on a Thursday and it was quite exquisite – a real treat! We had the Lobster Frites which came in a lovely garlic and herb butter and lovely frites. I would highly recommend attending this lobster night as the portion size was very generous too. Well worth it. The only downside was it was not hot enough due to being left on the side I suspect but they soon rectified the situation and brought me out a hotter dish with fresh frites. I hope they continue this theme as will definitely be back.

1  Thank Melody001
Browns B, General Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Melody001,
Thanks for taking the time to review us and share your positive feedback. You'll be pleased to know that we run Lobster night each and every Thursday which is increasingly popular with our guests. Next time you visit, please try the Lobster Thermidor! Hope to see you again very soon.
Regards,

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Visited today for afternoon tea which consisted of 3 finger sandwiches, a scone and a piece of cake. It really wasn't anything special and I wouldnt return for afternoon tea. The service received was also average, we were not offered another drink and it wasn't really that busy. All in all, it was very average!

Browns B, General Manager at Browns Brasserie & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Kathryn j,
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your experience and thanks in particular for your comments about our Afternoon Tea. Let me assure you that they will be used to see how we can improve our offering. I would however like to speak to you in person about it, so would appreciate it if you could give me a call on 01216438708.
Many thanks

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have dined here on several occasions during the daytime. Lovely location overlooking St Martins Church and steps away from the Bullring. Staff are friendly, helpful and attentive. Good cocktails and delicious food, nicely presented. The venue has a good atmosphere and plenty of outdoor seating if the weather is good.

Dear BlueLorry,
Thanks you so much for taking the time to review us, its a pleasure to read such positive comments about our food, staff and location. I'm thrilled to read that you're a regular lunch visitor to Browns, so I look forward to maybe seeing you in the evening soon time soon where you can really the appreciate the atmosphere and the views out to St. Martin's Church.
Thanks once again,

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had previously visited Brown's in Nottingham, and as it is a chain, was expecting the same. We all had Sunday lunch, and I was expecting it to include for example mash as the one in Nottingham had, but it didn't. No chicken on offer either. However, food was delicious but they were short staffed so service not the best. We returned after the Lion King (fab) and sat outside waiting 40 minutes to be served, only to be told that as we weren't eating (having eaten there only 3 hours earlier) we couldn't sit there for cocktails. The waitress eventually brought them but it took another 20 minutes. Overall, a lovely lively vibrant place to eat, but a bit hit and miss with the service.

Dear Sarah A,
Thanks for your feedback regarding your visit to us on Sunday. I would very much like to discuss this with you in person, so please could you give me a call on 01216438708 to give me the opportunity to rectify this for you.
Many thanks,