“Consistently Great!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We've been to Purnima on several occasions now and always find the food and service fantastic! One of our favourite Indian restaurants in Birmingham for sure! A must try! Mark

There are newer reviews for Purnima

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Went with a large group for a friend's birthday; you expect food to take a little longer in a large group but a total of three hours in there was time which could have been better spent. Tandoori starter was nice if a little small but that was the high point. Mains took an age to arrive and the waiter appeared harrassed, yelling out the names of each dish and simply plonking them down wherever there was space without attempting to find out who'd ordered what. My garlic naan was burnt, whilst the lamb patia had a distinctly odd, sickly sweet taste (it should be slightly sour). For the sake of balance, I should say others were reasonably pleased with their food; but I won't be returning-there are much better and cheaper options for Indian food in this area.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Went into Purnima last night for the first time after an evening with family in the City Centre. My partner and I didnt fancy eating in so we just waited for our food to take home. We were waiting 30 mins and could hear staff arguing amongst themselves on and off on several occasions. The vibe and look of the restaurant was really good and if the food lived up to the hype we would have probably returned to dine in (even after seeing them argue). We plated up at home and wasnt overwhelmed with the actual food. We had lamb chops, chicken tikka masala, lamb kali mirchi, paratha and rice. The kali mirchi was terrible, rice was amazing and everything else just standard hence the average rating.

4  Thank Ravi K
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have to give this place 5 stars ..I know/ I know, im following many/many people that have been here as well and give this place a Excellent review,but I can not give this restaurant anything less!!!...The staff were just so nice and friendly ..the manager Rolly ..is really nice ..but the food ...I haven't been to Indian restaurant for years now ..and to be honest ..im not that "fussed in eating this type of food ...But when I go I do like it ...But this place is the tops ..I went with friends and they said the same as me ...Please go you will love it ..

1  Thank robertah2014
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Firstly I would like to share and give my feedback on this restaurant, as I just had a excellent meal here this evening. The staff are helpfull and attentive. My partner took me here as we were in Birmingham for the evening I found this restaurant on trip advisor. The food is of high standard and quality. We had a tandoori mixed grill which came with nan bread, also pilal rice and the done me a mix tandoori chicken and king prawn bhuna which was very much appreciated. We had a cranberry juice and mango lacci. We had two deserts both ice cream. The bill was very reasonable under £30 I would recommend this restaurant clean lovely decore nice atmosphere.