“Love This Place!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We first visited this restaurant on the way home to Stourport from a concert in Birmingham three months ago. We were so impressed then that we vowed to return, despite the 45 minute car journey, and a family birthday gave us the excuse we needed.

As it was a Saturday night we booked a table, which proved a wise move as the restaurant was heaving at 8.00 pm when we arrived. Despite this the service was excellent. We all had starters and main courses, and they were superb without exception. Starters included Shami Kebabs and Onion Bhajis, with Lamb Tawa, and Chicken Madras among the mains.

My partner asked for a Jalfeizi. The manager, Roly, said he would make her one of his specials, and if she didn't like it it would be free of charge. I was rather hoping she would hate it (tight aren't I!), but she said it was one of the best meals she has ever had. I love really hot food, and asked for the Kala Mirchi extra hot. Wow! beautifully flavoured and one of the nicest curries I have ever eaten. If you like your phaal this is the one to go for.

All in all, for four of us plus drinks the bill was only £88 - bargain!! We will be back again, of that I am sure!!

1  Thank hissing_sid

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We took our neice here for her 18th birthday celebration - we had a wonderful meal, made with very fresh ingredients. The meal was enjoyed by all. The friendly and polite staff went beyond their role to ensure we were having a nice time, they were really helpful when I couldnt decide what to order, making a suggestion which turned out to be the nicest curry Ive ever had.
You must try the ice cream pistachio Kulfi - they serve it different to other restaurants !
Thank you for a wonderful experience.
Well be back again soon - hopefully.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I visit this restaurant probably 2 or 3 times a month and we love it! The staff are always welcoming and friendly as well as being really efficient, and special mention must be made for Roly who has to be one of the best restaurant managers around.

The food is never less than superb; always fresh, always tasty and if you fancy something slightly different to what's on the menu they're always happy to oblige.

We started coming here as it's walking distance from our house; now we rarely go anywhere else for a curry as we know it will always be fantastic, and in Birmingham that's really saying something!

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We very unexpectedly stumbled across this restaurant as we were contemplating where to eat and were pleasantly suprised with the quick service, warm atmosphere and more importantly, exquisite food. A definite reccomendation for anyone looking for a quality dining experience.

1  Thank 100Dreams
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had a fantastic meal here. Relaxed decor and service, authentic tasty food. Lamb dish I had was recommended by the waiter and not on the menu. Perfect for business and couples especially due to the intimate nature of the establishment.

Very profressional and courteous manager.