Recently spent 3 nights at CBI and never again. During our stay the outside temperatures were 25-28 degrees Celsius during the day.
We arrived and took up residence on the 2nd floor. 2 of the light bulbs in the room didn't work so the first night was pretty dark. In the morning we found that the shower tray continued filled up whilst in use and took over 30 minutes to drain afterwards.
The good news is that the maintenance man arrived within an hour and fixed all 3 problems.
We noticed this morning that the room temperature was starting to feel uncomfortably hot.
By the time we returned that evening the room was like a furnace.The windows only open 6 inches (probably to stop people jumping out) and so there is no fresh cool air getting into the room. The rooms do not have air con.
In the morning after hardly sleeping at all we asked about moving rooms and the lady offered us a fan which we agreed to try. Again by 4pm the room was like a sauna. The heat on the 2nd floor hit us when we exited the lift and was even hotter in our room despite the window being 'open' all day.
We were offered 2 other rooms at this point. The one on the 1st floor on the same side of the building as our current 2nd floor room was a couple of degrees cooler but still not pleasant. They also had a room on the ground floor which was lovely and cool.
The downside of this room was that it was next to the car park and was a disabled room with twin beds rather than the double we had booked.
Whilst this room was able to stay cool it did mean that my wife and I ended up in a twin room rather than a double room.
The staff did what they could with what they had available in my opinion. The problem is the hotel is just incorrectly built and keeps the heat in during warm days. We spoke with numerous members of staff who all advised that the opposite is true in winter when the rooms are always too cold.
I would recommend choosing a hotel elsewhere because until they can sort out the cooling (and heating) in this hotel then staying and sleeping there can be very uncomfortable if the outside weather is quite hot.
One final note if you do dare to try this hotel, turning left onto the main road outside can add 5 minutes to your journey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern, comfortable hotel offers guests great value just off the M6 and within easy reach of Birmingham city centre. The Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Castle Bromwich, is situated just 25 minutes from the heart of the city and 8 miles from Birmingham International Airport. Other nearby venues include the NEC Arena and popular family destinations such as Cadbury World, Drayton Manor and Sealife Centre. The hotel features 110 guest rooms, all well-equipped to offer you a most comfortable stay. All rooms feature en-suite bathrooms, free Wi-Fi and digital TV among other amenities. Guests can relax in the hotel's 24 hour lounge bar, enjoying the laid-back atmosphere, a refreshing drink or tasty snack. A Express Start breakfast is served each morning in the Great Room. Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Castle Bromwich has a well-appointed meeting room which can host up to 25 delegates. The hotel's skilled team will assist you in planning and hosting your next corporate occasion. Complimentary parking is provided in the hotel's on-site car park. The hotel's friendly team are available 24 hours a day at reception and look forward to welcoming you to Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Castle Bromwich. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Birmingham - Castle Bromwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Bromwich Hotel Birmingham
- Holiday Inn Express Birmingham
- Birmingham Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Birmingham