“an amazing afternoon”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill
Ranked #359 of 2,198 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, British, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: The Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill offers its customers an ultra modern 25th floor dining experience. Complete with stylish bar, rooftop terrace, stunning 360 degree city views and a glass fronted alfresco balcony, the restaurant embodies what Marco himself calls "affordable luxury". The restaurant is all about the experience; the buzz, the atmosphere and enjoying the company of friends and family in a gorgeous, comfortable surroundings. With a lively atmosphere, exquisite food, refreshing cocktails and stunning views of the city, Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill is the ultimate dining destination in Birmingham.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“an amazing afternoon”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Our party of four had an afternoon lunch on Monday 14 April this was the fifth time of eating in this great restaurant the staff were all very pleasant
We did not expect to have a window seat as they usually go to first come first served or pre booked.
But we still enjoyed the views over Birmingham whilst we eat our excellent meals that were served in the professional way that you would expect.
Particularly liked the way you could start a pre dinner drinks tab at the bar with an electronic? Locking credit card pad key thingy and carry on adding to it as you carried on dinning.
The happy birthday in chocolate piping on the dessert plate was a nice touch
Claudine was our main waitress, despite her being very busy serving at other tables she always had time for a comment and joke with us and also gave us a tour of the private dinning room

• Visited April 2014

London, England
“Buzzing with great views too!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

If you're in Birmingham then this bar is one to put on your 'to do' list. My friend and I started our evening here with a glass of champers and spectacular views of the city. Buzzing atmosphere, busy bar serviced well by the bar staff. Was disappointed though that at least one if the pianos were not being played. Dress code is smart no trainers: We were wearing jeans, but if I returned, would certainly dress up as I think the surroundings deserve it and I would like to try the food.

“Pretty decent”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I visited MPW's with friends last month for my birthday. The view is pretty spectacular and we were lucky enough to have a window seat. The food was really nice, our waitress was pleasant but the service was quite slow, we had to chase our orders a few times for drinks etc and there were a few minor errors with our order. The bill came to about £220 for 4 of us, appetisers, 3 filet steaks, one chicken Kiev, 2 bottles of wine and 4 liqueur coffees. We expected to pay about that price and you pay for the location and the brand name. We had a drink in the plush champagne bar after and overall we enjoyed our night. I would return but there are so many other decent restaurants in birmingham to try first.

• Visited March 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spectacular view food ok”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Been here a couple of times.
First time was on a Sunday night. It was busy and felt quite pretentious (though some of the staff were quite friendly). We were a bit early so asked to sit at the bar. We had to pay for our drinks separately at the bar rather than being able to add it to our bill. In fact the reply we got was "well I don't know what table you are on"....food was nice but not spectacular. Friend had the steak and I had the pork belly. Drinks were good and view was spectacular. The place was busy and for the reputation I didn't feel that the staff could give us the attention that was required to live up to it's name.

Second time I went during the week. Friends enjoyed their food and cocktails. I found the seabass quite good but again not great. But we had a good time and waiters were attentive.

Overall a good experience I would come back for drinks and weekday catch ups with friends. Expect beautiful views but food is not the most amazing.

• Visited April 2014
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Another amazing evening”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We've been a few times but it's been a few months since our last visit & you always worry that a place has become a victim of their own success but I have to say we had another great evening. Yes the food is fantastic but it's the brilliant service which really makes this place stands out. Love this place !

Visited March 2014