“Disappointing!”

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill
Ranked #375 of 2,204 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, British, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Description: The Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill offers its customers an ultra modern 25th floor dining experience. Complete with stylish bar, rooftop terrace, stunning 360 degree city views and a glass fronted alfresco balcony, the restaurant embodies what Marco himself calls "affordable luxury". The restaurant is all about the experience; the buzz, the atmosphere and enjoying the company of friends and family in a gorgeous, comfortable surroundings. With a lively atmosphere, exquisite food, refreshing cocktails and stunning views of the city, Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar and Grill is the ultimate dining destination in Birmingham.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited here on my 21st Birthday as I wanted to go somewhere special, however the only thing special was the view! The service was extremely slow, we were there for almost two hours and I only had one drink, that doesn't mean I didn't order more they just didn't arrive! We were impressed with our starters, although it took them a long while to then clear them from the table, once we had finished. We both ordered steak for our main course, which we had to eat with butter knives, as we were not given steak knives! The waitress had gone before we had chance to ask for them, I also had to eat my steak without a drink, as the one I ordered before our starter had still not come. The main course was average, and for the price you pay I expected a lot better. Overall we felt forgotten about, there seemed to be plenty of staff, just not many doing anything! When the waiter did finally arrive to collect our plates, we told him to forget about the drinks, as we were fed up of waiting. After telling him of our disappointment he spoke to his manager, and they did give us 50% off and a complimentary drink, the icing on the cake was that I only ordered water and they still forgot that! I am truly disappointed as I had such high expectations, and I will not be returning again in a hurry!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Charl310193

shropshire
“Great Food and Service.. really weird policy on window seats..”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Really enjoyed our food here and the service was very professional and yet quite warm.

Nothing was too much trouble really... apart from trying to book a window seat!..

I booked our table two months ago and specified that i'd like a window seat; I had a reply that they were subject to availability. Ok.. odd, i'll just ask nearer the time I thought.

Rang 2 days before - same story.. Despite reiterating that I had a firm booking and would just like them allocated me a window seat they explained that they 'couldn't'. I don't understand why.

Actually got to the restaurant one hour before our table was due so we could enjoy some champagne in the neighbouring bar and asked the maitre 'd to reserve us a table 'SHE SAID SHE COULDN'T DO IT'

I find this baffling and actually quite irritating.. why on earth can you not allocate specific tables for customers who have BOOKED. Their attitude would only make sense if they DIDN'T take bookings and operated a walk in only policy.

Anyway, we didn't get our precious, beloved, amazing, worth all the above effort window seat in the end and could not enjoy the fantastic marvel that is the Birmingham skyline.. I was close to tears at this point and my wife was inconsolable.

We did get a nice view of a table for 2 by the window which sat empty for an hour whilst we ate though..

nice food
nice service
ridiculously annoying weird obtuse attitude towards booking a damn window seat in a restaurant that is famed for its panoramic views.

Really needs sorting out.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank restaurantlover19
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Our favourite restaurant.”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I visited MPW to celebrate our wedding anniversary and once again the food was second to non. Well cooked, presentation excellent, fantastic. Only disappointment was with our waiter as his service was slow, we had to ask for the bill twice and it took 25 minutes for us finally get it. A bit poor standard especially when you are paying over £100 for two people but this is probably the first complaint we could find despite being more than 5 times.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank yarniedeboer
Solihull
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We visited this restaurant for my girlfriends birthday as we had heard good things and it had been recommend to me by a friend.

When we arrived we were warmly welcomed and our food orders were taken promptly, but as the restaurant has such good views we asked the waiter if we could change from our central position to a window seat. As there were none available at the time they put our orders on hold until a window seat became available about 10 minutes later.

As soon as we were settled at our table with a view the food quickly arrived it was well presented and tasted delicious.

The atmosphere was perfect for a birthday, relaxed with a live singer and piano player enhancing the experience even more.

All in all a great night out with fantastic food.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Shukes01
Brad P, Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Shukes01,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding you experience with us. I am really thrilled to hear the team did their up most best to arrange a window table for you. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the food and service.

We look forward to your return and hope to exceed your expectation on your next visit.

Regards

Brad Pattani
Stafford, England, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food, views and very attentive staff”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited MPW for my boyfriends birthday meal, it was a surprise from myself and was very hard to keep quiet after hearing so many wonderful things. I can safely say I was not at all disappointed. The staff were very friendly as soon as we walked in and our table was beautiful. Although we didn't have a window seat table, we were still able to appreciate the stunning views.
We both had steak, which was very tasty and cooked perfectly. My boyfriend had the sirloin and asked for medium-rare, it was more medium, but he didn't seem to mind. Our waitress, Viktoria, was very friendly and attentive, we didn't go without anything that we wanted during our meal.
The desserts were lovely, I had Eton Mess (which was huge - but so tasty I had to finish it!).
I was quite surprised at the bill also, I was expecting to pay a lot more. We were both very impressed and will definitely be returning in the future.

The only downside I did have was that I requested a birthday desert plate for my boyfriend, which they forgot about. We were having such a good time that I also forgot until we were halfway through our deserts.

Visited February 2014
Dear Laura_198699,

Thanks for leaving a review regarding your amazing time with us celebrating your boyfriends birthday. I am thrilled that Victoria looked after you exceptionally well and ensured the evening was one to cherish with perfect service and food cooked to perfection.

We look forward to seeing you again, for his next birthday or perhaps your birthday and shall ensure you are looked after again and we have a birthday plate made specially for yourselves.

Thanks again.