“Modern, trendy but comfortable and welcoming”
Review of Ju Ju's Cafe

Ju Ju's Cafe
Ranked #41 of 2,379 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Quality, freshly prepared British food from local ingredients. Cooked to order in a relaxed canal side setting. Dine 'al fresco' and make the most of the superb canal side views. Great selection of evening dishes and a hearty week end breakfast & brunch menu with all your favourites! Fancy a fab Sunday roast? Then ju ju's is the place for you. Special, dietary requirements? No problem, we can adapt most of our dishes to suit you. Big thanks for checking us out and look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Lovely location decided to go here as I searched cafe's on the Internet as we stayed in a local hotel charging £17 each for an English breakfast, beautiful setting, very modern and a lovely feel, staff were very welcoming on arrival and immediately came over to us, we ordered the large English breakfast sharing platter for £10 and tea for 2, the waiter brought the tea straight away which was a huge cup which tasted nice but 15 min later the food arrived but I had half of the tea left which was cold, may I suggest a traditional English breakfast teapot so u can pour hot tea to your leisure in an ordinary sized cup, the breakfast was quite small one sausage,one rash of bacon, one egg, 3 half tomatoes (if it's for 2 people so should be an equal amount) then a few mushrooms and beans, on asking about the toast it was an extra £1.99 each! Way too pricey for toast and no butter came with that we had to ask, he fetched 2 little packs for 3 slices, I asked for more and he fetched one more which we had a giggle about, a lady who appeared to be in charge asked us if everything was ok and fetched more butter, a separate butter knife would av been nice but not overly important, all in all it came to £16 so cheaper than the hotel and although I might sound like I'm being negative the food did taste really nice just not enough of it and a hot brew would av washed it down a treat but didn't want added expense of buying another huge cup, a nice little place tho

1  Thank Bexsutton
Julia P, Owner at Ju Ju's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your review. Regards, Ju Ju

Write a ReviewReviews (1,241)

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Excellent food and friendly atmosphere, I had the venison burger and my partner had the stuffed chicken breast and they were both delicious. Really romantic, a real hidden gem. a must visit.

Wow! Thank you so very much for such a great review and look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,

Ju Ju

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Ju Ju's came highly recommended from a friend (and also its high rating within Birmingham) so we went there with high expectations just after Christmas - perhaps not the best time. Lovely atmosphere (apart from music being intrusive) and charming owner, Julia who made us feel welcome. Unfortunately it took over 50 minutes for the starter to arrive (and restaurant by no means full) fish cake (excellent) and mussels (small). This is far too long. The main courses, salmon and chicken were ok but nothing special, the salmon luke warm and dry. Bill for two (2 course) and a bottle of house wine about £53 - not expensive but I (we) hoped for something more special given the accolades Ju Ju's has received.

2  Thank Rainforth

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. I am however sorry that we did not meet your expectations! I agree with you on the mussells and if you remember I did advise you that this was not our usual supply, due to the Christmas holidays prior to taking your order. I also agree with you on the salmon. Perhaps you would return and I will cook this dish again for you FOC. Regards, Ju Ju

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had sunday lunch. A two course meal., wish i could have managed a third. great value, lovely location and awesome food topped of with brilliant service. i will defiantly return and recommend to friends.

1  Thank chrris123
Julia P, Owner at Ju Ju's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

So very pleased you enjoyed and I look forward to seeing you again very soon. Regards, Ju Ju

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My partner booked us a last minute table on a saturday night for my birthday and what a great last minute idea it was. Ju jus welcome was great, she new our names and let us chose our table. Food was impeccable, service was great and for the two of us with 3 courses and wine it was an absolute bargain!

Fab review and many thanks. Best regards, Ju Ju