“Great room - very stylish”

Hotel Indigo Birmingham
Ranked #38 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed in room 2301 - this has to be one of the best rooms we've ever stayed in. Clean, modern, quirky design and views to die for. Staff very pleasant. The hotel does need to make sure that the public spaces are kept in good shape - some of the decor is decidedly showing signs of wear - but this really doesn't detract from the overall experience. The bar is very expensive but worth it for - for one drink at least! Will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read you had a great stay. Our aim is to make all guests experiences a success and we always appreciate your feedback. Thank you for letting us know we are doing a good job. We would also like to encourage you to visit our neighbourhood next time you visit, it is definitely worth it!

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The room 2312 was very disappointing for a King executive double. It was small very cold and noisy and I nearly broke my neck slipping on a polished greasy floor.
The restaurant on the 25th floor made the stay worthwhile though.

Room Tip: Upgrade your from a disappointing King executive double !
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am disappointed you did not like the room we allocated for you and I have raised the issue with the floor with housekeeping. Please let me know if you intend to visit our hotel again and I will make sure your room will exceed your expectations.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Loved our stay at this hotel, its quirky, has great facilities, amazing rooms with some great views over Birmingham. Staff are really pleasant and attentive to your needs, right from booking to checking out. Great location, fantastic bar and restaurant with a balcony that is so lovely to sit on whilst taking in the view. Very close to lots of bars and restaurant has a real vibrant feel about the area and you feel very safe.
The rooms are bright an airy and modern with great media outlets.
We enjoyed breakfast which was really good, whilst taking in the views from the restaurant which has floor to ceiling glass windows and such a panoramic view.
A real 'place to be' in Birmingham.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read you had a great stay! I hope you will endeavour to explore our neighbourhood next time you stay and discover all our hidden gems. You can always take our Hotel Indigo Podcast tour and enjoy the main attractions whilst listening to all your favourite hits!

I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

During my recent stay I had a lovely corner room. The view across the city was great and it was a beautifully decorated room with an outdoor balcony area. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Lots of bars and restaurants close by and nice walks along the canals. Lovely hotel and I will happily stay again.

Room Tip: Any of the corner rooms, particularly with balcony areas - rooms with views across the city and out...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read you had a good stay. I am happy you decided to explore our neighbourhood and I would definitely recommend you stop by the Jam House next time you visit, that is if you fancy a cool live music atmosphere and the best people in Birmingham!

Don’t forget to listen to our Hotel Podcast and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We obtained this free stay courtesy of IHG and decided to check out this brand. It is about 10 minutes walk from New Street station and even less to the popular Broad Street area for bars and nightlife.

What sells this hotel is the nearly all-round city views from the top floor bar and restaurant. Unfortunately, this is a very popular venue which appeals to non-staying visitors. It was jam-packed during our Saturday night stay so we didn't get to look around properly.

The hotel reception is at ground level but curiously listed as floor seven. There are two floors for Hotel Indigo, the two directly below the bar, which are floors 23 and 24. These are accessed by two lifts but can only hold eight people each which caused queues for the bar. Fortunately, there was a member of staff who gave preference to those staying at the hotel.

Our room was on floor 24 and was very colourful and comfortable. Being an Executive room it had a mini-fridge, robes, large shower and even speakers from the television in the shower room. The window was floor to ceiling, so there was a terrific view of the area.

This hotel probably appeals to younger people who would like to party upstairs.

Room Tip: We was told that floor 24 would be quite noisy due to the bar directly above. However, we didn'...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay and that our lively bar atmosphere has not interrupted your night. We aim to deliver great customer care and this is why we offer a variety of services which I am hoping you will try at least once. Don’t forget to explore our neighbourhood next time you stay!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I very much enjoyed my stay here. Amazing views and a very well maintained property. Friendly staff and great location in the centre of Birmingham City made it a pleasure to come back. The maintenance manager michael was extremely helpful throughout our stay.
I would highly recommend hotel Indigo

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, we are delighted you had a good stay. Please make sure you explore our neighbourhood next time you visit and for more popular destinations you can always visit our website!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed here for a 3 day conference at the ICC. I had booked on Hotwire, so I only knew of the 4star status and facilities pre-booking.

It's very well located near the mailbox area overlooking the canal. It's a 5 minute walk along the canal to Broad Street. However, on the doorstep are a host of bars and restaurants that are far more upmarket than Broad St.

The hotel room had solid wood floors, and a modern clean design - very stylish. Rooms are on the 24th floor and accessed using a security card in the lift. The bathroom was large and clean - again, top quality. The only fault was a mobile shower head moving under its own power.

On the 25th floor is the Marco Pierre White bar and restaurant. I didn't eat there, but did go for a drink. The views are awesome, and there's and outdoor area from where you can take in the views. It's extremely cool, and the atmosphere was buzzing - on a Wednesday night. Weekends are probably great.

I'd highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Hi Kyle!

Thank you for the great review, I am delighted you had a great stay! Make sure you visit our neighbourhood next time you stay – now you can do a guided tour, Hotel Indigo Style! If you are curious about our weekends I would definitely encourage you to book one, it is a treat!

Hope to see you soon!