“Birthday treat”

Hotel Indigo Birmingham
Ranked #30 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
“Birthday treat”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Booked here as dining in marco Pierre white restaurant on #level25.. Room bright and colourful
Bed too soft
Air on would not go cold enough no window to open so woke up rather stuffy in middle of night
Used the hair dryer which was in drawer where there was also a pair of past customers socks left!
Staff very pleasant and welcoming
Shower great

• Stayed April 2014
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read you had a good stay and for letting us know where we could do better, this is very important to us. Please allow us to rectify it on your next stay., we really care about your special moments!

We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed at the hotel on a Thursday night with two friends after a night out in the hotel's champagne bar. The room was great with floor to ceiling views of the city, pretty impressive especially at night. The bed was comfy and room service at 1am went down a treat! We have stayed in most hotels in Birmingham and this is by far the best. It was great being out in the bar and only having to stumble a few feet to bed. The staff were lovely and I must give a special shout out to the manager of the hotel - during the night at the bar I lost the diamond out of my engagement ring and happened to mention it the morning after to the staff at breakfast. An hour later as I was leaving the hotel, the manager contacted me and told me he had found the diamond! An absolute miracle. Says a lot about the service (and integrity) of the staff there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am very happy you had such a successful stay and that we have managed to reunite you with your diamond! I will pass on your comments to the Bar Manager and let him know how grateful you are.

Please come and visit us again!
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly member of staff; as we were staying on a Friday we were also given a complementary Crunchie to eat; this put us in really good mood and was a really quirky touch. The lift was a bit frustrating as when you entered the lift you had to swipe your room card to access the 24th floor where the rooms were; the card reader didn't recognise the card we were using and we ended up going to the spa floor, up to the 25th floor and back down to the ground floor while other people were requesting the lift. Eventually the card reader recognised our room card and we got to the 24th floor. The stay was for my fiancé's birthday and I loved the colour theming of the rooms because they were very modern and unisex in atmosphere and really to his taste; I had purposely not wanted a hotel that was feminine because he's fed up of me picking girly hotels. The room itself was clean and tidy and had a floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the whole of Birmingham; it looked amazing, I have seen these city scape rooms in adverts and on TV but I've never actually had the pleasure of one myself (we had an executive room). The bed was THE COMFIEST bed I have ever slept in - we sunk into the mattress and while I appreciate this isn't everyone's cup of tea; to us it was great. We both barely moved all night because we were both in such deep sleep. The breakfast was included in our room rate and I can say was well worth the money. The restaurant was very 'posh' and has fabulous views. We both opted for a sausage ciabatta and it was delicious! If we ever travel to Birmingham again, we will definitely be staying here again. *one thing worth mentioning - go through the mailbox shopping centre to get to this hotel, it's the best way! We followed our phone Satnav and it took us through a very compromising estate*

Room Tip: Executive rooms are worth the extra spend for the cityscape views!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted to read you had such a comfy stay! Please make sure you explore our neighbourhood next time you’re in town and rest assured that Hotel Indigo will always be here when you need somewhere to rest.

Come back and see us soon!
Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I asked for a king sized bed and was given a "king room" which had a double bed. The bed was horribly soft, so uncomfortable! The hotel advertised as a boutique but it was nothing more than a colourful premier inn at a hugely inflated cost. Our room was near staff accommodation, it smelt of chlorine and bleach in the corridor. There are plenty of hotels which offer much better value for money in the same location. The only saving grace was the friendly staff. Other than this, and awful waste of money!

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback, it is very important to us, to me. I would like to express my disappointment with the inconveniences you have faced and would like to assure you we take all feedback very seriously. We strive to deliver not just good service but great service so you letting us know where we can do better is very helpful, thank you.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to change your mind very soon.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stopped here again for BH weekend treat, as always the hotel and rooms offer excellent value and location. Couple of disappointing points...the cassette car park is no longer in use by the hotel so parking is in the Mailbox which is a bit of a trek. Check in was slow in what could be best described as a communal area and even though we arrived early the reception staff seemed very quick to inform us that the rooms where not ready ( without checking) no worries returned at just past 3pm for the room still not ready..waited a couple on minutes then the room was sorted. We used the pool and gym area which excellent but when I enquired with gym reception staff regarding membership they seemed little vague with membership cost .
All in all still good but need to pay attention to detail.

Room Tip: Upgrade room and ensure breakfast is included in rate
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am happy to read you had a good stay. Thank you for drawing our attention to detail, this is very important to us. We hope that upon your next visit we will be able to prove that we have understood your point.

I hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed April 19, 2014

One night stay at Hotel Indigo, with friends. Sleep was out of the question as we could hear the lyrics and beat to athe songs in the above bar. Awful! Dirty shower drain, previous guests hair visible. Room was generally clean but basic. Great views, but not worth the cost we paid for the room. Won't be returning!

2 Thank Rachel S
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I am disappointed you did not have the experience we had in mind for you and I would like to apologise, this was not our intention. We understand mistakes happen but we are here for you and we are always open to correcting them.

I hope you will give us the chance to change your mind about our hotel.
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Room was fab. Water pressure in shower was great. Breakfast ok. Serving staff fab. Cleaned rooms and Gd decor. But utterly ruined by two things. First they seem to lack a second bed for children. And second......My room on floor 24 was under the bar and at midnight on Saturday when I have paid for a decent nights sleep.....forget it. Rumbling, banging bass budding into my room. An utter let down. If you want to sleep or have kids......find some where cheaper. Or bring your own blow up bed and ear plugs. Big ear plugs. Massive ear plugs.

Room Tip: Room on 23. Or not at all.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I am happy you liked our facilities and cannot help feeling disappointed about the disturbance with the noise. We strive to enhance your experience and we are currently tackling the issue we have caused you. Please rest assured we will find a solution which is most suitable for you.

I hope to see you again.