Hotel Indigo Birmingham
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Pool
1,073 results
All reviewschampagne barmpw restaurantthe marco pierre white restauranttop floorbalcony roomkit katfloor to ceiling windowscar parkcolour schememail boxspa facilitiesmini fridgecomplimentary waterbars and restaurantsreception staffmodern hotelhotel guests
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Oh dear IHG. Arrive at a hotel in a car go to the multi-story to park the car. The barrier won't open. Go and ask at reception.... Queue...and queue....and queue, eventually find out I have to fill in a form to park. On the form I have to assure the hotel that my car isn't too high, isn't to low, that I won't sue them for damage to it!!

Park car (£18 over night!). Book in go to a smallish room with a fab view, it is well done ...but small and ....let's be honest tatty, the paint is chipped, the speaker in the shower room doesn't work, there is bad design on silly things, it all looks very Scandinavian design but isn't. A Scandinavian hotel room is really special in every way, this isn't.

I am given a letter, from the manager, it tells me the contents of the mini bar are complimentary. Wow, there maybe a free beer....no 2 small bottles of water and a kitkat.... many hotels provide this - and dont crow about it beingt a free gift, it is standard.

The following morning I spot a large patch of mould in the shower.....yuck.

At reception as I am presented with a bill for £160 bill for a bed a 2 course (cheapest items on the menu), I complain re the mouldy shower, the lady apologises, and asks what she can do, I say reduce the bill. She sympathises but says "no" she doesn't have authority, I ask to see the manager, she says "there is no manager on site with authority, but they will be I touch later in the day". Well it is now past 11pm and no one has been in contact, hence this review.
All I can say is the breakfast was good. Tonight I am in a far far cheaper IHG hotel, the room is larger, the shower is clean, the design and usability is better....and it is half the price. Indigo Birmingham is not good, it is dirty, it doesn't care, it has your money, and if you don't come back others will.... What a shame.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for contacting us directly, I am disappointed you have experienced these issues and we hope we have managed to make it up to you one way or another. We strive to deliver a great service and the environment you are hosted in is very important to us. Please rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously and will allow us to grow.

Thank you very much for your care.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Great room, fantastic location and friendly staff made for a very enjoyable stay. Great breakfast taken on roof top restaurant with amazing views was icing on the cake! Can't wait to return to sample spa, pool and fitness room.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear guest,

I am happy to read we had a great impact on your stay, thank you very much for your feedback and we hope you will make our hotel a future destination again and again. We understand you have a choice when travelling and we thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo Birmingham.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed here for a girly weekend of shopping and spa. The hotel is very well located for the city centre and has parking onsite where you park in a box and your car is mechanically taken away to be parked...ok once you've got the hang of it and managed to turn your car alarm off. The hotel staff were very helpful and the rooms are a good size. The spa was a lovely place to relax for a couple of hours. In the evening we headed up to the bar for a few cocktails which is magnificent, the views are amazing and the cocktails very good. Would like to come back and try the restaurant too next time. Had breakfast at the hotel which was quite disappointing with little choice and undrinkable coffee...we headed to Starbucks on the 2nd morning. Overall thoroughly enjoyed the stay and would return if in Birmingham

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am glad to read we come ‘highly recommended’! Your shopping sprees are always welcome in our city and I hope you will come and enjoy our hotel time and time again. Please do not hesitate to discover more of our neighbourhood, it is truly something! So go on, be curious.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed here for two single night trips in February and March. Did not pay the standard rate as I was working for the BBC so the rate was booked via them which made it very reasonable.

Found the staff on reception were generally friendly but when asking if there were any problems after the first visit and I reported the wireless wasn't working she sharply told me I should have reported this earlier, well....I noticed at 11:30 at night and decided to just go to bed! A week later a colleague stayed on the 23rd floor and AGAIN the wireless was not working, for a hotel charging around £150 a night this clearly is not acceptable.

Dining is up on the 25th floor where there is an expensive breakfast, expensive bar and expensive restaurant. Breakfast was included so experienced this but at £18.95 for a full english, it's certainly a premium experience but the food was very good and the views are really something.

Wine comes in at around £8-9 for a large glass I think! Steak is offered there, supposed to be really good but imagine it has a matching price tag.

Location is very good for the centre of Birmingham especially for business of leisure around the mailbox area.

The hotel is unusual in that it's sited on the 7th, 23rd,24th and 25th floors of the cube, the restaurant is situated off to the side and smells very floral....they have an electronic air freshener unit thing on the go all the time!

The hotel is stylish, modern, clean and trendy....the rooms are of very high standard....you even get free bottles of mineral water in the mini-bar......and.....a four finger kitkat! I am told on some days you may also receive a Mars bar!

In the room you get a decent size flatscreen TV and it also has a wallpanel that will enable your devices in via composite or HDMI....and it has a USB socket for charging any USB equipped devices straight off.....a nice touch.....also has about 8 or 9 lights.....bed was the usual comfortable standard I find amongst the premium (and even the basic) IHG brand hotels.

Room Tip: When it's very full you may be allocated a disabled/accessible room!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your great review and photos! We really appreciate it when you go ahead and tell the world your story and experience at Hotel Indigo Birmingham. I am happy to read you enjoyed our facilities and we hope you found our service and views unforgettable.

Come back soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

i stayed here 2 weeks ago and wow this hotel is great,

but on arrival the receptionist (aloe) i think her name was is so rude!, after a long drive arrived at the hotel went to reception to ask about parking and i wanted to use the cube carpark but aloe was so rude telling me im not to use that car park and to use the mailbox carparrk, well i didnt want to and refused and told her i wanted to park my car in there, after a debate i parked my car there and came back with my bags, checking me in again so rude and making me feel very unwelcome to this hotel, even to the point where i was enbrassed about the way she spoke to me infront of my lady friend, after i was checked in and told where to go i asked about breakfast and the response i got was its on the letter i just gave you. after saving so much to come and stay here i was most disapointed and this was my first inpresions, i thought to myself wow i have just wasted my money, (she really needs to be taught about customer care)
maybe it was because im very young my girlfriend being 19 we are a very young couple and maybe she couldnt be bothered to make an effort,

however after the dreedingness of checking in much to my delight this hotel got better, room was amazing veiws were incrediable, and at night WOW,

we used the pool very nice and relaxed, used the bar upstairs at night again amazing, breakfast in the morning again amazing, all the other staff were great very friendly and pleasant,

i have stayed in lot of hotels and this hotel is way up there in my favs

but it really is just a shame about the check in a massive let down to the hotel and i dont think i have ever been spoken to in the way she did

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for stopping by and I apologise for the hassle at check in, it is not part of the deal when booking at our hotel. I am disappointed we were not more welcoming but I hope we have managed to make it up to you with our exquisite service everywhere else. I am happy to ready you experienced our facilities and I hope to see you at our hotel very soon!