“such a rude receptionist”

Hotel Indigo Birmingham
Ranked #39 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed March 4, 2014

i stayed here 2 weeks ago and wow this hotel is great,

but on arrival the receptionist (aloe) i think her name was is so rude!, after a long drive arrived at the hotel went to reception to ask about parking and i wanted to use the cube carpark but aloe was so rude telling me im not to use that car park and to use the mailbox carparrk, well i didnt want to and refused and told her i wanted to park my car in there, after a debate i parked my car there and came back with my bags, checking me in again so rude and making me feel very unwelcome to this hotel, even to the point where i was enbrassed about the way she spoke to me infront of my lady friend, after i was checked in and told where to go i asked about breakfast and the response i got was its on the letter i just gave you. after saving so much to come and stay here i was most disapointed and this was my first inpresions, i thought to myself wow i have just wasted my money, (she really needs to be taught about customer care)
maybe it was because im very young my girlfriend being 19 we are a very young couple and maybe she couldnt be bothered to make an effort,

however after the dreedingness of checking in much to my delight this hotel got better, room was amazing veiws were incrediable, and at night WOW,

we used the pool very nice and relaxed, used the bar upstairs at night again amazing, breakfast in the morning again amazing, all the other staff were great very friendly and pleasant,

i have stayed in lot of hotels and this hotel is way up there in my favs

but it really is just a shame about the check in a massive let down to the hotel and i dont think i have ever been spoken to in the way she did

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for stopping by and I apologise for the hassle at check in, it is not part of the deal when booking at our hotel. I am disappointed we were not more welcoming but I hope we have managed to make it up to you with our exquisite service everywhere else. I am happy to ready you experienced our facilities and I hope to see you at our hotel very soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Attended here for business on what I thought may be a normal boring Tuesday night. The manager Adam made himself known to me straight away and spent an hour chatting to me and genuinely interested in to my visit. The building and views are spectacular and whilst I would normally venture out (I never stay in the hotel) I ate, drank and socialised for the evening within hotel indigo birmingham. The steak was superb at Marco Pierre Whites and I will for sure be coming back for business and pleasure. Well done Adam and team and particular mention to Muj who waited on me.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am very happy to read you had such a great time. Your business trip is as important to us as it is to you and we want you to feel comfortable and relaxed when returning to your room. Come back soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Very friendly staff. Good food. Fantastic views from rooms and restaurant at the top. Rooms have unusual colour scheme but well appointed. Liked the spa especially the artificial current in one part of the swimming pool. Very well situated. Only negative is the lifts are very busy at the weekend. The hotel needs another lift.

Room Tip: Corner room with great view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear guest,

I am delighted you had a great experience at the Club and Spa and in one of our Deluxe corner rooms. Thank you for your review, it is very rewarding to see we are doing a great job at keeping our standards high. I completely understand the practicality issue with the lifts as it is a design flaw and the building is not our own but you will be pleased to know that as a guest you will always have priority at the lifts, regardless of the time or day.

I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

For the price you pay, this is an amazing hotel with great service. We paid slightly more and got an exec room and the view and room was equally amazing. If you have a bit more money to spend I'd highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Exec corner room with windows all around - soo nice to wake up to!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, we are delighted you had a ‘great’ stay! I hope that next time you decide to stop by our hotel you will manage to book dinner in Marco Pierre White’s Restaurant, the food is equally great and the views are unforgettable. If you are looking to make your experience special, that is why we are here for.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

The general experience of my stay was great. The front desk staff is really nice and efficient, especially Ale (nicest receptionist I've ever encountered). Great location as well, only 10 minutes walk from the train station and the little canals behind the hotel are beautiful. The Spa is flawless and the internet connection is perfect. I will definitely stay there again next time I'm in Birmingham.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,

Thank you for stopping by our hotel, it is truly ‘great’ that you have had such an inspiring experience. Please do not hesitate to stop by again and discover our neighbourhood. We are surrounded by cultural values and great ways to live life at the maximum. So go on, be curious!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Fantastic hotel, great staff, great service, great food. The room was immaculate and clean and what fantastic decor.... The Spa was immaculately clean and the facilities were excellent - what a classy outfit ! MPW was absolutely brilliant - what a buzz... We had lunch in the bar and it was fresh and tasty, the setting was fantastic - 25th floor overlooking the city of Birmingham... wot a view... Dinner was in the MPW restaurant..on arrival up to the 25th floor the views were amazing.. 360 degree panoramic view of the city in the night - what a view ! .. the bar area had a certain buzz to it with everyone enjoying themselves and the music in the background was lovely !... Dinner was brilliant. Our personal waiter was very good and could not have been more attentive. Food was great. Hubby had steak which was perfect and I had the rump of lamb which was mouthwatering. The whole stay was absolutely classy ! can't wait for my next visit!

Room Tip: We were on the 24th Floor in an executive room - floor to ceiling windows !

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am very happy to read we have managed to ‘WOW’ you! It is our mission to deliver excellent service and outstanding facilities. I am very happy you managed to experience the hotel in its entirety and I truly hope you will make Hotel Indigo Birmingham a regular destination.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Me and my mother stayed here at the end of January as a cheer up treat from me to her and we both loved it!

The staff:
The lady who checked us in was a Asian lady who was very friendly and extremely helpful, giving us directions and the appropriate hotel information clearly.
The housekeeper John was very helpful and went out of his way assisting us with our suitcase which had broken and prevented us from getting into it so thank you for this.
The short blonde haired waitress in the restaurant was also friendly and made our meal pleasant.
Overall, the staff really added to the stay making it feel more homely than a break in a hotel.

The room:
We had an executive room on the 24th floor overlooking the city. It was a big purple room which was spotless. A big bonus!
The bed was high up and like heaven! You sunk into it and the pillows almost hugged you.
The towels and bath robes must of been made from higher than the usual hotel material as they were thick and comfortable and felt like they were.
The shower was a rainfall shower and for me personally was one of the best parts of the stay.

The food:
All I am going to say on this is if I was Marco Pierre White I would be one very proud man!

Check in and out was quick and efficient and I found the check in and out times to be fair. Kindly,the receptionist helped us with discarding our suitcase.

I will definitely stay here again and I have recommended it to a lot of people!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, I am delighted you had a great stay and truly experienced our five-star service. We truly hope to keep it up and exceed your expectations every time you stay. Your comfort is very important for us and we hope to see you again soon!