“absolutely gorgeous”

Hotel Indigo Birmingham
Ranked #38 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed at the balcony room for one night and it was lovely. I loved the decor, it was very contemporary and clean. The outside balcony space was great also. When we checked into the hotel we were greeted with smiles, staff very courteous. Car parking was an experience in itself, you parked the car in a "box" lift, then swipe your fob and you watch your car being lowered in the lift underground.. very clever..., there was use of the spa for guests which looked gorgeous, unfortunately I did not take my bathing costume as my husband booked this as a surprise

Room Tip: We stayed in the balcony room 2306.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are so happy you had such a brilliant experience. Thank you for sharing it with the world! I am most delighted to hear you experienced The Cube’s futuristic car park and the surroundings. I am sorry to read you didn’t get to use the spa, it would have been great to get to lounge by the pool. Nevertheless, next time I’m sure you will be most prepared.

Come visit us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have become a fan of the indigo brand for its fresh modern outlook, interesting architecture and great service, with hotels in Glasgow, Liverpool, Newcastle and New York being amongst the best in their respective cities.

Indigo, Birmingham looks equally impressive and indeed the restaurant and lounge are very impressive, however I suspect the hotel relies too much on this and in fact looks out to attracting the general public to these facilities rather than focusing on hotel guests.

Now for the downside. The main entrance to this hotel is in quite a detached and run down part of the city albeit you can access via a long trek through the mailbox which feels much safer. Platinum membership was not acknowledged. I was not given an upgraded room. Room allocated was basic and quite small. Was not up to standard of other indigos visited. Provision in mini bar was mediocre - no alcohol at all for which indigo is renowned. Normally as a platinum member you are offered a free drink at check in, however again I did not receive this.

The room was bright and cheery, however was showing signs of wear and tear which had not been attended too. My big problem however was the ability to sleep. Noise came through the wall fron next doors tv to early hours of morning and was really irritating. Staff then woke me up at 4.30 by putting a consiultation form through the door. Check out was really slow, one member of staff working at 9am, which was further hindered as the person in front of me had so many complaints to make.

Overall very disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JKlondon09

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Indigo Birmingham and for your review, this is the perfect opportunity for us to acknowledge you as a valued guest. Please allow me to express how important your stay is for us and how deeply disappointed I am we did not live up to your expectations. I sincerely wish you would have contacted me so we could have discussed these issues further.

We strongly believe that our mission is to create a unique experience for our guests and we really hope you will give us the opportunity to wow you next time you stay. Please feel free to contact me at any point through Reception.

Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had a 1 night stay at Hotel a Indigo. I was travelling by car and the hotel is a little tucked away close to the canal basin in central Birmingham. The on site car parking is high tech and you need to check in before you can use it.
The reception staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly.
The hotel is in a building known as "the cube" which had mixed use, restaurant, offices and accommodation. The hotel rooms are towards the top of the building and you get great views of the city.
The rooms are very well appointed, clean and the beds are very very comfortable.
The rooms have a European boutique hotel feel to them.
The bathroom was to the same high standard with a walk in rainwater shower and large bath.

The hotel is very close to the Mailbox and Broad Street.

Overall a very pleasant stay. I will be returning.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Alix P, Front of House Ambassador at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am most delighted you had a good stay with us. Thank you for your very detailed review and for sharing your experience with the world.

At Hotel Indigo Birmingham, we are very fortunate to be able to offer not just car parking facilities but also amazing views of our city. Our location is ideal whatever your destination is or reason for visiting.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We visited HIB on a Spa Mini-break for my friend's 40th birthday. It was a wonderful experience and best of all, she thoroughly enjoyed herself.

My only criticism, whilst minor, is the cleanliness of the room. As the floors are laminate, it was clear to see a fairly thick layer of dust and muck all over, which was quite off putting. Nothing a good going over with the Dyson and a mop, wouldn't put right!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the world, it is most important to us that you had a great stay. I am very happy to read you took fool advantage of our facilities but I do feel rather disappointed you have found cleanliness issues with your room. I can assure you this is not a regular occurrence and Housekeeping will be informed of this.

Please come back again soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

The hotel is very nice. The room we stayed in was tiny buy quirky and had great views so overall we were very happy with it. For the price we paid (substantial) we found it to be over-priced for what you get. The only real complaint we had was breakfast - considering the restaurant was deserted on that Saturday morning, the staff ambled around making us wait over 10 minutes before they even found us a table and then we had to ask for someone to take our order and then wait absoutely ages for it to arrive. It was very nice when it did arrive, however, on our weekend away I didn't want to waste an hour and a half on breakfast!!

Room Tip: Rooms are tiny but quirky
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Hotel and for taking the time to write your review. I am most happy to read you had a good stay and found our facilities most suitable. However, I am disappointed you did not have a good breakfast experience. Please allow me to apologise and assure you we have taken your comments very seriously.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Quick break in Birmingham needed somewhere close to shops but not on top of the German Christmas markets! Reception staff were excellent, room small and decorated in the kids section of Ikea but bed comfy and best of all the views from the 23rd floor. Went to MPW restaurant in evening which is on top floor with great ambience and excellent food, service and cocktails. Would stay again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the world, we really treasure your thoughts.

We hope you will come back again and make full use of our complimentary access to the Club and Spa facilities. We recommend it as the best solution to warm up after a long day at the Frankfurt German Market.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Travelling on business and I only booked this hotel because I was unable to stay at the Birmingham Crowne Plaza. Am I glad the CP was full!

The hotel is at the back of the Mailbox so parking is relatively easy. I checked in and was allocated a fantastic room on the 24th floor. Cool décor - massive bed, quirky colour scheme, flat screen TV and everything spotlessly clean. Best bit of all was a large balcony area complete with table and chairs which had awesome views over the city.

I decided upon room service - which was absolutely fine. A chicken and bacon Caesar and a cheese plate. The knowledgeable guy on room service helped me choose between the Chilean SB and the Italian Pinot Grigio

Next morning I breakfasted in the MPW restaurant on 25th floor. Faultless - attentive friendly staff and perfect food - cooked to order.

This stay totally changed my rather poor opinion of the Hotel Indigo chain - to the extent that in future my Birmingham 'hotel of choice' will be here!

Room Tip: 2404 is perfection - a corner room with large balcony and fabulous views
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We are all very happy to read that we have managed to change your opinion of our Hotel chain. Thank you for sharing your experience with the world, we really appreciate it!

We truly strive to offer you the best in hospitality through our inspired service and fantastic facilities. We hope that you will return soon so we can WOW you once again.