“Funky Rooms with amazing views!”

Hotel Indigo Birmingham
Ranked #30 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Warwickshire
“Funky Rooms with amazing views!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night 2/2/2013, great location, friendly helpful staff & really funky rooms with fantastic views & the most comfy bed ever! We enjoyed the Indigo lounge/champagne bar & the breakfast which served in the 'Marco Pierre White' Restaurant. Very nice & good value for money & with fantastic views. The only reason I haven't given this hotel a 5 is the car parking as we couldn't get our car down the ramp let alone into the box as its low & we damaged the front spoiler in the process. Otherwise perfect will stay again but park in The Mail Box.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Suzanna N, Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Plakiaslover,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us at Hotel Indigo.
Glad you enjoyed all our amenities.

Sorry to hear about what happened to your car in the Cube Car Park. We do hope we get to welcome you back in the future.

Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2013

modern building with good amenities. Good restaurant- if rather pricey . no valet parking but entertaining to watch the automatic parking system. Probably better for business than a romantic night away

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Suzanna N, Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Taffyyyc,

Many thanks for your review on your recent stay with us.
Glad you enjoyed our facilities and the Cube Car Park.

We do hope we get to welcome you back in the future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad hotel but PC Platinum not recognised in that upgrade not available even though upgraded rooms still available to book. Asked reception to re-check in light of this but told that over selling rooms is common practice and that this is why IHG site still shows rooms available. It's back to the Crowne Plaza for me!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank EarlofTravel
Suzanna N, Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear EarlofTravel,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review, very sorry to hear you were not looked after as a Priority Club Member.

Can you please contact me so I can address this further with my team? And have a look at when it was you stayed. My email is suzanna.naughton@hotelindigobirmingham.com or call 0121 643 2010.

Many Thanks
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the 1/2/13 for one night, on arrival we were a bit nervous about parking our car as the explanation given sounded very complicated. However parking the car was an experience in itself and my husband and I were amazed! The fact that the car is turned so you can drive straight out is a bonus!

The hotel room was lovely, free mini bar was a nice gesture. The view was gorgeous at night and the sunrise was lovely to wake up to.

We enjoyed the indigo lounge and the champagne bar which was (expectedly expensive) and breakfast was delicious. The staff at the hotel were very helpful amd friendly. The only down side for me personally is how cold the pool was as I was expecting it to be hotter which would have been more relaxing. We will visit this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Franstead
Dear Franstead,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

Very happy you enjoyed the amazing views from our bedroom.
The Car Park is very quirky indeed and its very handy when it has the car turned around ready to drive out.
Sorry to hear you weren't too happy about the pool. I will pass your comments onto our Club & Spa General Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed in this hotel new years eve, reception staff very friendly the rooms are very clean and modern with very good views across the city as the hotel is only on the 13rd and 24th floors. The restaurant in the hotel is excellent and again with fantastic 360 degree views around the city. The car parking is very novel and the cost is the same for 24 hours as the NCP car park in the Mailbox, this hotel is in an ideal location for a night out in the city or for shopping in the daytime.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Suzanna N, Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Brian C,

Many thanks on your review about your recent stay with us.
Very happy you found our reception staff very friendly, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Denbigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Spent just one night at the hotel in The Cube as part of a birthday present for my wife. Stayed on 23rd floor in room with balcony. Bit daft really as it was under 12 inches of snow! Anyway, room was great, very warm and the facilities were excellent. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The complimentart mini bar was really appreciated, as was the bar on the 25th floor with amazing views over a snow covered Birmingham.
We walked along the snow covered towpath to the NIA and it was magical. Excellent location.
Finally all of the staff were extremely friendly and very welcoming, always with a smile.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve L
Dear Steve L,

Many thanks for your review on your recent stay with us.
Our beds are indeed very comfy. Very happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Maybe when you return in the future and the British weather is nice to us you might enjoy the Balcony room even more? Do not hesitate to contact me whenever you wish to return suzanna.naughton@hotelindigobirmingham.com.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Firstly-the parking. When did the relatively simple process of parking ones car become so complicated? When a hotel has to ring you for your e-mail address in order to send you a link to a YouTube video (yes, YOUTUBE), to show you how their car park works you know your in for something different. They even give you a list of instructions when you check in! I don't know...maybe in the future all parking will be like this, but it can be a little unnerving watching your pride and joy descend into the very depths of the earth, maybe never to be seen of again. All joking aside, this hotel screams of the contemporary. Futuristic carparks, individually colour coded rooms (probably not to everyone's taste), and a very chic lounge bar and restaurant all add up to a very unique hotel experience. The staff were friendly and helpful, the views from the top floor (and our room) are amazing ( who'd of thought Birmingham could look so pretty?), and the breakfast was of a very high quality. Be sure to book table at Marco Pierre White (for the food and the view), have a cocktail in the indigo bar (they do a good mohito), and recover the next day in the spa (small pool but great steam room). My only gripes?- the room was a bit small and bit noisy ( I could clearly here the toilet flush in the next room). Would I go again? Yes...even if I am still waiting for my car...

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Suzanna N, Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Greg A,

Many thanks for your review on your recent stay with us.
Very happy to read you enjoyed your stay and made the most of our facilities and enjoyed the great views of Birmingham.

The Cube car park is indeed and an experience.
I do always comment to guests on here that I do take their feedback on board to help us improve our service.
The car park is something everyone comments on, whether they think its fantastic and say it looks like something out of Misson Impossible or like yourself they find it "unnerving to watch their pride and joy descend into the very depth of the earth" .

I looked at ways we could help guests get a better picture of what actually happens to their car once it disappears -
One was when we give guests courtesy calls a week in advance, we find out if they require a car parking space.
Explain how it works and send an email to follow up - giving instructions and from all the video's I've seen on the Car Park I actually thought the YouTube video was the best.

That way guest's will have no surprises on arrival, they will know their cars will be in a safe place and when I'm checking them out in the morning telling them the bright pink colour they selected for their car actually came out nice - they will know I'm lying as they will have seen what happens to their car in the video link.

If you think there is a better way of telling guests about the car park and giving them an insight to how it works - I really would love to hear your thoughts as I always like to see things from a guest's point of you, as of course at the end of the day it is your journey and I would like to try and make it less complicated.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in the future when you wish to come and stay with us and I will be happy to allocate you a bigger room suzanna.naughton@hotelindigobirmingham.com.