“HOTEL INDIGO Birmingham”

Ranked #34 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
wales
“HOTEL INDIGO Birmingham”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

A delightful hotel in a very convenient(for shops) position.All staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. My room (2407) was in a great position with far reaching views over the city. The room was spotless with free crisps ,chocolate bar and drinks.
The stay was a"package deal" which included breakfast and a choice of one spar treatment plus use of spar facilities and was excellent value for money.We were placed in the Indigo lounge for our three course evening meal(cost extra) which was delicious.The waiter was very attentive and helpful.Breakfast was in the MPW restauraunt and we were spoiled for choice- delicious.
I opted for a back and neck massage in the spar which was carried out by Zeena. She was brilliant, explaining the process fully. The massage left me totally relaxed -wonderful. I was then directed to the hanging pods which are great to relax in after you treatment. However, word of warning to anyone using the pods. I am quite short and found the pod extremely difficult to exit resulting in me ending up on all fours with my slipper(and foot) twisted in under the pod itself. Not the most dignified exit but thankfully there were no witnesses about. ADVICE-when using a pod make sure you are accompanied by a friend to assist your exit! Hair driers AND straighteners supplied in the spar. Would definitely visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 2407 is in a corner position with only one other room that can be accessed . It is quite large...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tara49
Suzanna N, Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Tara49,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

Delighted to read you made the most of our facilities and found all staff members efficient and friendly specially Zeena, she really is a credit to our Spa team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future at suzanna.naughton@hotelindigobirmingham.com and we will be very happy to welcome you back.

Front of House Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Oxford
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I usually stay at the Crowne Plaza when in Birmingham but always fancied giving this brand new hotel a try. So glad I did! Check in was efficient and the reception staff were all really friendly. An upgrade to a balcony room was provided as a platinum club member with only a little gentle persuasion. The room was fantastic. The complimentary mini bar and wifi a great idea. The views across the city from the massive balcony were outstanding and the bed has to be the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The shower was great, the bathroom amazing and all spotlessly clean. What more could you want from a hotel? Cant wait to return and next time will hopefully get to try the food and the spa.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are worth the bit extra!
1 Thank Andy C
Suzanna N, Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Andy C,

Thank you for your review. Very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that my reception team were very friendly and efficient, we do like giving our guests a very warm welcome.

The views from our Balcony rooms are indeed outstanding, you can see from miles away! Glad you made use of the complimentary items in your mini fridge. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future please do not hesitate to contact me suzanna.naughton@hotelindigobimingham.com when you wish to return to take full advantage of your complimentary access to our Club & Spa facility and book a table at our Marco Pierre White Restaurant.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Despite reading some negative reviews, went ahead and booked this hotel for a bit of luxury when attending a conference in Birmingham.I love modern design and the hotel met my expectations Rooms were very comfortable with lots of extras. Fantastic shower. Ideal location.Used most of the hotels restaurant/bar facilities. Food in the Marco Pierre White restaurant was super - and in lunch time in the spa bar - food was good. I found staff very friendly and welcoming and special mention to the front of house manager, Suzanne Naughton who went out of her way to make sure the stay went smoothly. I would have no hesitation returning to this hotel, and in fact I intend to with my husband. Next time I hope we will be able to book the spa treatments, as they were fully booked on this occasion.

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner room 2424 - it was fantastic.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Patricia B
Dear Patricia B,

Thank you for your review. I'm very happy you went ahead and booked despite some negative reviews and got to experience what we have on offer for yourself.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future at suzanna.naughton@hotelindigobirmingham.com when you wish to return with your husband, I will be very happy to welcome you back.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on a night out in Birmingham. Basically we had a lovely stay and the staff were brilliant and very helpful. We didnt get chance to use the spa unfortunately but the room was very striking and the view fantastic (or as fantastic as a view over a city can be).

The bed was the most comfortable I've stayed in. The bathroom was excellent (no bath but both a overhead shower and a body shower to choose from). The only problem we encountered was that the noise from the corridors is pretty bad (and very noticable). Having said that I slept well so it cant have been that bad I guess.

1 Thank Alison L
Dear Alison L,

Thank you for review on your recent stay wih us. Glad you liked your room and enjoyed the great views. However I'm sorry to hear the corridor was quite noisy on the night you stayed with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future when you wish to return by emailing me suzanna.naughton@hotelindigobirmingham.com I would be very happy to welcome you back and ensure you make the most of your stay and get to use our Club & Spa facility.

Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I booked this as a last minute break and had a great time. I was feeling a bit fed up of hotels that all feel like their designed for business breaks (great if thats what your doing but not very exciting or romantic) and wanted somewhere that wasn't decorated in the latest shades of black and grey and Hotel Indigo provided just that. From the minute you walk in there are bright colours and a feeling of being somewhere different and the receptionists on the desk were friendly and happy to chat to us. We had a room on the 24th floor with amazing views over Birmingham and the mixture of white bedding and orange fixtures was fantastic. The room had everything you could need and would expect, Ipod dock, waterfall shower, flat screen tv, iron, hairdryer and amazingly the minibar was actually complimentary, great for midnight snacks! We tried out the lounge and had a great lunch looking out over the canal and the Mailbox provided all the bars and restaurants we could need. I will definitely be back here every time I fancy a night away in Birmingham in the future!

1 Thank HVC30
Dear HVC30,

Thank you for your review.

I'm glad you liked the concept of our quirky and vibrant design at Hotel Indigo, I do quite like it myself also as I find it quite refreshing and inviting, just like the Lounge on the Canal; you would forget you're at a city center location its so peaceful.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future at suzanna.naughton@hotelindigobirmingham.com when you wish to return and we will be happy to welcome you back.

staffordshire
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Me and my friends stayed at the Indigo Birmingham as its new a chic for a night in Brum. I booked direct with the hotel only to find it was cheaper a week later on late room,com so I cancelled and re-booked as the hotel refused to reduce the price not the best Customer Service. The reception may aswell be in the street its cold and not very welcoming. The rooms are all different colours and are clean fresh warm and comfortable which you would expect from a new hotel. You have free access to the Spa which you have to walk outside the hotel to get too as the lift doesnt work!!!!!! I have been to a few Spa's and this was the worst it wasnt very clean and looked about 10 years old not a few months someone had been ill and it had been left. Would i stay there again nah dont think so not for the price. Had a lovely lunch at the Cube though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank pottle
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear pottle,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad that our location suited your needs and the lunch served during your stay met your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apology if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the service you received from our staff. I will address this with our staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed after celebrating a 40th birthday and we couldn't have wished for a more striking place to stay. It is amazing, the rooms are fantastic, beds really comfortable, and the restaurant is breathtaking.

Room Tip: all the rooms have the most amazing views, trees to the west, the city to the east, take your pick...
1 Thank Richard D
Suzanna N, Manager at Hotel Indigo Birmingham, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Richard D,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. Very happy you enjoyed your stay on such a special occasion. Our views are indeed fantastic from each corner of the Hotel.

Should you wish to return in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly suzanna.naughton@hotelindigobirmingham.com and we will be happy to welcome you back.