“Great stay, good room and food.”

Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #38 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here as part of a school reunion.
The reception staff were friendly and helpful, they stored our bags as we had arrived before the room was ready.
Our room was clean, tidy, and had plenty of room. My daughter loved having a double bed to herself. The beds were comfortable and we all slept well.
Food was excellent, with dinner being great and staff coped well with us all. The quality of dinner was great.
Breakfast was also good with a good selection.

We would happily stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
AAFOA, Manager at Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you very much for your compliments regarding our hotel and service. I am very pleased to know you and your family enjoyed the stay with us.

I have passed your kind comments to our team and would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Ankur Ahuja
Director of Rooms Operations, Forest of Arden, a Marriott Hotel and Country Club.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,501)

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed here for Crufts, clean serviceable room, concierge was very friendly & attentive. Sadly the catering let the hotel down. It was bland, uninspiring and overcooked. Food rating 1.5 at best. Such a shame for a 4 star hotel

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Weimiemommy

Thank you for taking the time for giving us your feedback and I am happy to hear that you found the hotel to be good.

I am sorry though that you were not happy with the quality of our food. We take pride in our food offerings and I must apologise to you for not meeting your expectations. I have passed your feedback to our kitchen team.

I have passed your compliments to our concierge, thank you once again for it.

We hope that you would return to stay at our hotel.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

For £166 per night (paid for me on account by a client) I'd expect a lot.

The room was comfy and the breakfast taken as room service was good and punctual, though modest for what it cost.

Food in the bar was OK though service slow and had to go get my own cutlery.

Worst reflection on the hotel was still having to pay £6 per hour for wifi on a £166/night room - that's just so tight... And just a hassle to have to mess about to make the payment.

Good desk for working at - though chair broken - replaced by housekeeping next day

Personally, while access to the swimming pool etc makes for better value if a leisure visit, for business - especially when self employed - I'd have looked for somewhere better value.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Balanced_reviews

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay.

We provide free wifi in our public spaces including lobby and restaurants however as you have mentioned it’s not complimentary in the bedrooms. This is similar with other Marriott Hotels in the UK and I am sorry that you were not happy with this charge.

I would also like to apologise for the service issues you had the bar and I would like to sincerely thank you for providing us that feedback.

Thank you once again and I hope that you will reconsider us for a stay in future.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Probably my worst experience at a hotel, as I have stayed in many other Marriott hotels and had a much better experience, while my room was clean and the facilities generally good overall, the problem I had is with service and staff. Although I was awake at the time there were loud staff outside my room not that I could understand a word they were saying. I was later greeted by a young lad on the corridor on my way down to lunch who was very polite, other staff didn't even acknowledge me and most of them looked pretty unhappy.

Lunch was just awful, the staff did not seem to care, my food was warm and the cost of it just does not justify it at all.

While I had a good nights sleep and my room was very clean and cosy, the staff service itself is something that could be improved, along with the food.
The reception staff could also do with an improvement, while I was greeted in the correct manner and such I didn't feel like I was being talked to, no smile or anything and it seemed busy on checkout so I felt like I was being rushed away also without any query as to weather I would be back or not. Unfortunately I won't as some staff do seem to have the aspired training while others do not, it's kind of a mix match as some things are good with this hotel while there are aspects which really could do with being improved.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Adrian B
AAFOA, Manager at Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Adrian,

I would like to thank you for your feedback. Whilst I am happy to read that you appreciate certain aspects of your stay experience, I must apologise for the others.

I note your feedback regarding some staff and service and would share this with our team. We are committed to provide excellent experience to our guests and your feedback would assist us in our commitment to exceed our guest expectations.

I would like to apologise again and hope that you will reconsider us for a stay in future.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Recently took my family to spend the day at the leisure facilities and I was so impressed by there being a small pool for my youngest child, Really shows the consideration taken. We went for a walk round the complex and the scenerie is beautiful would be perfect for a wedding or special occasion. We stopped for lunch in the small bar/restaurant area and again the impression was very clean and tidy, welcoming and the waitress we had was extremely polite and she could not put her self out more. Even though this was a busy time in the bar. You could tell you were in a marriott and we are considering joining the leisure and gym facilities as we are local.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Laylabard
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed for a business trip, the hotel is quite large doubling as a golf resort. The reception staff were helpful and courteous. The room was a typical Marriott room, two double beds nice floor space and clean. I was in room 266, it was a long walk around the long winding corridors to the room. The function room was large and well air conditioned. The food was ok lunch and dinner (corporate delegate food, not off menu), the breakfast was good with omelette station. Bar prices were acceptable. Wifi charges were extortionate..typical of most hotels unfortunately. Didn't used the leisure facilities, maybe next time.
Overall nice location, typical Marriott experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Tawnyblue1
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We booked in for 1 night 22/02/2014 after attending the NEC. Initially as bed and breakfast but upgraded after arrival to the Experiences dining package. Enjoyed a lovely quiet unhurried 3 course meal in the Oakes restaurant. Slept beautifully in the incredible marriott king bed. My only gripe would be that the bed mattress valance in room 313 had clear stains on it and it seemed to be missing the coverlet off of the bed too. Lovely view out the window of the courtyard below. Breakfast was beautiful. Sausages gorgeous. When we checked out Ankur offered to take us on a tour of the grounds in the golf buggy but sadly we were on a tight timetable. We were made to feel welcomed by most of the staff that we came into contact with and will definately return again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple