“Excellent value for Money”

Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC
Ranked #33 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn due to seeing Fleetwood Mac at the LG Arena. The room was spacious and spotless. I was pleased to have a complimentary breakfast which I wasn't expecting. Enjoyed my stay very much. Walked to the LG but regretted it as there are no footpaths and had to walk on the grass verge along busy road, my advice is to take a taxi which is only £5.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
JCH1709, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Guest
I am pleased to see you enjoyed your recent stay and took advantage of the free breakfast! We do normally recommend to our guests to take a taxi because of the walk I apologise that you were not told this prior to the concert.
We hope you choose again the next time you visit the LG arena

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here prior to a concert at the lg arena,was an excellent location.Cheap,regular taxi service to nec,could have walked but for £5.00 not worth it,especially in the dark coming home.excellent breakfast choice,including hot selection.friendly,helpful staff,located next to pub serving decent food.Only negative was the very soft bed,rolling into the middle .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review it’s great to hear that the hotel was perfect for your visit to the LG arena we hope you enjoyed your concert too.
I am pleased to say we have had all new beds installed this week so the next time you come everything should be perfect. We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I felt I had to write a review about your receptionist called Paula. My friend and I arrived at the hotel only to find that we were not booked in ( we booked the hotel in February ). The company who we had booked with had gone bust which we knew nothing about. As we were there to see a concert we had to have a room, Paula said that there was 1 room left and gave us the room at a good price and also threw in the car parking fee. Paula was a great help at a very upsetting time, she also the next day asked us how the concert was, we think that she is a great asset to your company. Whenever we will be at the Birmingham again we will be sure to use your hotel and making sure to say hi to Paula.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for writing such a lovely review and for your comments about Paula. It is always great to hear when one of our team has delivered great service and helped a guest in a difficult situation. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon

Reviewed September 12, 2013

As a loyal Platinum Priority Club member, I was all set to leave a good review about this hotel as, aside from the two glum-faced receptionists when I checked out, this was a comfortable place to stay.

However, events after I departed mean I won't be returning - at least with my car.

I paid for my overnight parking (£7) at reception and it was added to my bill. So you can imagine how furious I was to be sent a parking fine notice by the hotel's outsourced car park management company, demanding a payment of £60 (rising to £100 if not paid within two weeks). I called the hotel and they told me they would have this voided. From the sound of things, this happens a lot. I've since received a further demand, which the hotel did predict. I've spoken to the hotel again and they have assured me that this matter will be cleared up and I should receive something confirming this from the company in due course. I've never ever received a parking fine in nearly 25 years of driving, so I'm annoyed that my preferred hotel chain has allowed this to happen.

When I checked out, I noticed that a car belonging to a well-known security systems company had been broken in to, with smashed glass lying around the vehicle. I returned to the reception to report this. They seemed to be aware of this matter.

So, not only does the car park management company levy penalty notices on guests who have paid for their parking, they clearly aren't keeping the car park secure. In fact, given the barriers weren't working when I was there, with hindsight, I can't see how this is a secure car park. So I would never entertain leaving my car here again. I will continue to use the secure NCP car parks at Birmingham Airport and will probably return to staying at the onsite Ibis or Novotel hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank BritTraveller68
JCH1709, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Guest
I am really sorry to hear of the problems you have had with the parking fine since leaving the hotel. Please be assured that this fine has been cancelled and that no further action will be taken by the parking company. We are constantly reviewing the service that they provide us with and I will highlight this complaint in our next discussions as a letter of cancellation should have been forwarded to you.
I can understand your concerns regarding the car park and although the barriers are no longer in operation these are waiting to be removed we have installed additional CCTV that records all number plates that enter and exit the car park.
We were aware of the vehicle damage that you mentioned when you returned to the hotel and had reported to the police.
If you wish to discuss this further please call me direct on 0121 7823333

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The current UK television advertisements (9th Sept 2013) seem to indicate that there are hot breakfast options included without additional charge and that there is "free" wifi without specifying any conditions. Previous recent comments suggest that this might not be the case. Since I am booked for later this month clarification would be appreciated. However my last stay on a 'park & fly' was comfortable with helpful reception staff..

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review. Prior to the 9th September WIFI was available to our Loyalty members at the hotel, but from the 9th September Holiday Inn Express is now the first UK brand to offer Free WIFI everywhere in the hotel to all guests that book direct. This is an exciting brand change for us and something we hope the guests will love.
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your last stay and hope to welcome you back the next time you need to park and fly.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We booked this hotel for an overnight stay before flying out on holiday from Birmingham Airport which included breakfast and 16 nights parking for a bargain price of £49! The room had a double and single bed which was perfect for our party of two adults and a five year old. The room was spacious and clean and exceeded our expectations for what we had paid. The bathroom was also clean and modern and included useful extras including shower gel, shampoo, toothbrush etc. There was a pub situated less than a one minute walk out of the main entrance where we had a drink in the evening. As mentioned above we also had a buffet breakfast included. There was a great variety to choose from including; bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, beans toast, cereals and croissants etc. There was also unlimited teas/coffees and juices. We paid £6 for a taxi to the airport which took approx 5 minutes and dropped us right outside. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you have suitcases ask for a room near reception for convienience
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely review it’s always great to hear when a guest enjoys there stay. We hope to see you again when you next go on holiday.
Many thanks

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on out way to Cornwall from the north east, following a day at Alton Towers. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel represented excellent value for money at only £49 for a large family room. We dined at the adjacent pub which offered a wide range of meals at reasonable prices. All four of us had the additional bonus of a superb breakfast included in the very reasonable price which set us up nicely for the long journey ahead. Excellent!!

Room Tip: The family room we stayed in was beautifully clean, comfortable and spacious with the double sofa be...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely review we are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are glad you enjoyed the Free breakfast that is included in all room rates and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Many thanks