“Clean and quiet”

Ranked #38 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Clean and quiet”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

After reading some of the reviews here you could easliy be put off even considering staying here.
I could not fault the stay I had; clean quiet and comfortable, ideal after travelling and busy days at the NEC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MJT123, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for take time to comment on your stay, I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, whilst visiting the NEC. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed over for one night when we were at crufts this year. The room was atrocious! Firstly, I booked a twin and was given a double and was then told that there was no other twin rooms available. The vents at the top of the windows were jammed open so the room was noisy and a draught came in all night.

The shower was not useable - there were two shower heads, one in the position you would expect the shower head to be and the other was attached to the wall adjacent to the taps at the tap height! The one at the top was not connected, the lower one was the only shower head that supplied water. When this shower was turned on the pipe was burst and water sprayed out from the sides.

The tissue box in the bathroom was empty

We were supplied 1 towel each!

There was no remote for the TV.

This experience could not have been any worse and I would warn everyone not to stay here

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gemma M
Dear Guest, I have a concern that your review may be regarding anouther hotel, as there are no vents at the top of our windows and none of our rooms have two shower heads. However should you wish to discuss your comments please contact me directly.

Travelers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2013

For somewhere to lay your head whilst working or attending a show at the NEC, this is ideal. Nice reception, easy and quick check in,,,,no problems there. Plenty of staff,,,easy
Rooms - bit knackered, tired looking, saggy bed, thin duvet, but this isn't the £170 per night Hilton.
Breakfast....good coffee ,,,but the rest is poor, lousy cheap bacon and sausages, powdered scrambled eggs,,,so give those a miss and have cereal,,,
Best thing about this hotel...2 things...1). You can be in any hall in the NEC in 10ishminutes....and 2) is the fantastic pub next door (the little owl)but I will review that separately.

Room Tip: We booked 3 rooms for 4 nights, all were pretty much the same.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MJT123, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you for viewing your stay with us, I was pleased to read that on the whole the hotel meet your needs and your approval, my apologies that our complimentary breakfast offering did not meet your expectations, we are continually reviewing our offering and value your feedback. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again should your travel plans bring you back to the NEC in the future.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Excellent everything, what can I say, well from start of booking to checking out the overall experience and customer service received was outstanding.
Booked for a show at the NEC and was thrilled all went to plan, as we know these things sometime dont. My room was lovely and relaxing, quiet and at a good temperature, far too many stays in other brands of hotels fail to offer a nice comfortable temp in the rooms I think.
The bar and looby area were busy but always clean, pleanty of staff around being attentive to all customer needs.
Breakfast was the same, plenty of choice, plenty of staff, comfortable and enjoyable, just what you need when your enjoying your coffee before the start of a busy day.
Check out was swift and efficient and I felt the price reflected my stay.
Overall
Excellent
Efficient
Comfortable
Just what you need when visiting the NEC
:-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I was pleased to read that your stay was a comfortable one and our team made you welcome. I do we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Cheshire
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while attending a trade show at the NEC. Hotel is a bit fur coat no knickers tbh. Lovely lobby area but tired rooms with old fashioned tv's , bathrooms and beds. Duvets are very thin and feel cheap. Scuffs and the odd tear on the wallpaper. Cold tap jammed off.
Breakfast was good and plentiful with cooked, cereals and fruit available. Staff were helpful and courteous. Chains like Premier have upped their game in recent years for the business traveller and HI express need to take note on room facilities and standards.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank sifowles
MJT123, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast whilst staying with us. We are planning to refurbish our bedrooms in the near future and hope this will address the comments you have made, thank you for your feedback as this help us to improve our product and service. I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed for two nights in the HI Express NEC. it was the first time for me to stay in a HI Express and I have to say, I would have expected more. I used to work for a Holiday Inn for one year as a Duty Manager, so I know the standart of a HI hotel and I wouldn't expect such a big differnece between Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express.
the Check in was friendly and efficient, but £7.00 for parking per day is rediculous. the room had a reasonable size but all the furniture was uite old, however the bed was comfortable.
the complimentary Breakfast was horrible. especially the warm dishes.
I wouldn't mind to pay for breakfast if it would be better than this.
Check out was okay again, nothing to complain.
Overall I was not satisfied. most of my colleagues stayed in the Premier Inn around the corner and so will I next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Luca25455658
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay with us. I am pleased to read that you found our staff friendly and efficient, also that the room was spacious and the bed comfortable. My apologies if you were not aware of our parking charges prior to arrival. Thank you for your feedback regarding our complimentary breakfast we value this as we look to make improvements in our service and product. Our plan is to refurbish all rooms within the next 12 months and hope you will choose to stay with us again, so that we may restore your faith in our hotel.
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

just wanted ot share the postive feedback.
Hotel is great value for money. Rooms clean and comfortable.
Staff friendly and helpful.
They cater for leisure stays and business alike.
B&B real value and great choice at breafast.
Stayed over after seeing a show at the NEC.Plan to stay again later in the year.
If you want a great cooked meal there's the Little Owl Restaurant literally on the corner of the complex that the hotel is situated on :)

Room Tip: Where the hotel is situated, you wouldn't think you were just a short journey from the NEC. Lov...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back later this year. Many thanks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC
Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#23 of 117 in Birmingham
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC? Share your experiences!