Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC
Genting Hotel(Birmingham)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
1,122 results
All reviewslittle owlpub next doorstayed herecar parkinggenting arenacomplimentary breakfastan overnight stayyogurtclose to the airportbooked this hotelone night stayan early flightcomfy bedgood nights sleepnectaxihie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great place to stay when visiting NEC - which is within 3 minutes drive. Staff, location, and hotel all good. Only down side is the car parking charges of £7 per day. Vantage Inn next door to Hotel is a nice place to relax and eat. Will stay here again the next time I'm down here

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MJT123, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you found the hotel convenient for the NEC and I will pass on your positive comments to the Management of the Little Owl. I hope that we will be welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

No problems checking in, but when we got out of the lift, on the second floor,....the smell,
damp and foisty.,the same when we arrived in our room. Back to reception and said we were not happy.
To their credit we were given another room which was clean and fresh,We got the feeling that the rooms on the ground floor had been updated.
The breakfast,I have to say was poor at best.The scrambled eggs were the worst I've ever tasted
It was very busy at breakfast and there was not enough cups or bread which is bad management,
The Little owl pub next door is very nice.I would advise to book a table if you intend to dine as it gets very busy

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I was pleased to read that our reception team were able to accommodate your request to change rooms. Your constructive feedback is appreciated; as we are actively looking to make improvements to the service we provide. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again, should your travel plans bring you to the area in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed the night before we went to the campiing and caravan show. It was just the job. Breakfast was a bit of a scrabble, running out of cups, knives and forks, sausages etc. Mind there were a lot of people passing through a small space. But we found the food adequet.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got one. Our stay was very enjoyable and the staff were really helpful.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to review your stay and for your positive comments which I will ensure are passed on to our team. Thank you also for your constructive feedback regarding breakfast, which I have followed with our Breakfast team. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here during an event at the NEC. You can only imagine how many people pass through this place. And it shows. Its tired, and so are the staff. It all needs a refresh. The breakfasts are similar to what the residents of the International Space Station might try to digest, appalling regurgitated and reheated gruel. I wont be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a review. As you have commented the hotel can be very busy especially during events at the NEC, therefore we do have a refurbishment plan in place to ensure that the hotel is refreshed periodically; it is disappointing that this was not apparent during your stay. My apologies that you did not enjoy our complimentary breakfast, we do try to cater for all tastes, with hot items, pastries and healthy choices available, such as fruits and yogurts available.

I hope that if you do visit the area again you will consider staying with us, so that we may restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had a over night stay at this hotel.Very handy for nec.My room was very clean and comfortable.My only complaint was the coffee it was awful thankfully they had some good old twinning a tea.The eatery next door called the owl inn was brilliant.We had a very enjoyable meal.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shropshireclun

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay, I was pleased to read that your stay was comfortable and convenient for the NEC, also that the Little Owl was enjoyable. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.