2,058 results
All reviews birmingham airport a free shuttle bus leisure facilities executive room steam room genting arena one night stay nec runway conference plugs concert
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2017

We booked to stay late August leaving our car for the duration of our weeks holiday to take advantage of courtesy bus to airport. The hotel was fine, however the airport shuttle was not. This didn't start until 5am - which is too late for a 6am flight (there were over 25 flights from the airport at this time) and we had to pay for a taxi, as did other guests who were also not happy. On our return we checked the details and went to get the free monorail to pick up our bus only to discover that there is no bus at 2.15pm. It seems there is an hours break (assuming this is for the drivers lunch). So our flight landed at 1pm, too late to get the 1.15 shuttle and so the next available one was 3.15. We took a taxi again. This is very misleading, at no time when booking is there clarity regarding the restricted nature of this service. Won't use it again.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jason H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Dear Italianfoody,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. We always aim to provide an enjoyable stay to our guests and it is truly disheartening to know that we did not live up to your expectations of the IHG brand especially when it comes to the customer service delivered. I also regret the disappointments you had with the hotel's shuttle bus schedule. I have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly.

I would also like to address this with you further but unfortunately, I am unable to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to reach out to our Guest Relations Manager Fozia Rasool via email at guestrelations@hiairport.co.uk including reference to your TripAdvisor Account Name and the details of your reservation so I can follow up on your experience.

Again, thank you for your review. we look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Sincerely,​

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

Good sized room but bathroom was very small and the lighting wasn't great. There also wasn't a shaving mirror so putting makeup on was awkward! Very clean tho with typical holiday inn decor. Very close to airport so a bit of plane noise - but the clue is in the name of the hotel - and it's ideal for an overnight before / after your holiday. Bar wasn't cheap but the breakfast was decent- lots of choice from full English / Continental, fruit and pastries. Bacon was a bit underdone and was floating a bit - but I picked a bit off the top and it tasted fine. The staff were lovely - very polite, friendly and helpful - a real asset to the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jason H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Dear 15Jools67,

We thank you and appreciate your beautiful and constructive feedback about your accommodation and experience with us.

On the other hand, we thank you for bringing services to the management attention. We will take your constructive feedback into consideration and we will take necessary actions to correct the service shortcoming.

We hope we have he opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

My family has traveled a far way to attend an event at the hotel over the weekend. I had made the booking nearly a month in advanced. Unfortunately, when we arrived at the hotel after a long journey they informed us that the pool was closed and we were disappointed as the only entertainment near us...was the pool. I also understand that maintaining the pool for emergency reasons are essential but we feel as if we should have been notified at the booking or before arrival to plan other entertainment for our child.
At check in I allowed plenty of opportunity for the concierge to assist us or suggest entertainment options, but nothing was suggested.
Lastly the final disappointment would be the lack of dry cleaning services offered. We did ask for this reading on the website that this was an available laundry service on arrival. But at arrival we were then told that they could not handle my husbands shirt on a weekend. I believe this should be stated on the website...which it is unfortunately not.

Rooms: Run down and rusty shower parts. Our non smoking room smelt of weed.
Happy to have the housekeeping team acquire some feather pillows for the children, and thus far our best experience with any part of the staff.
Five stars to housekeeping for at least having these available...even on a weekend.

However I am happy to be attending an event tomorrow as that seems to be the only form of entertainment we will have over to weekend.

Overall disappointed in the customer service offered at this hotel.

As an American myself I normally love to spend my family breaks with American companies such as Holiday Inn, due to the reputation they have of excellent customer service.
But this time I am less then satisfied and it's not even our first night.

As a motherhood and parenting blogger I unfortunately will not be recommending Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport to my readers at mamacatesblog.wordpress.com

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth J
Jason H, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Dear Elizabeth J,

I am glad the event was a success however disappointed we have fallen short of our usual high standard in other areas of your stay. I do sincerely apologise and will be sure to address your comments with my team and implement training and procedures where necessary to prevent such feedback in the future. In relation to the pool being out of action, due to unforeseen circumstances, the pool at the hotel was undergoing urgent corrective maintenance. Therefore, was closed during your recent visit.
Please be assured the complimentary use of the gym, was available to our guests during this time.

The comments you have provided are important to us and are very much appreciated.

I do hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again, in the future where we can demonstrate what we can achieve here at the hotel.

General Manager​

Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

This is not walking distance from the airport and the cab cost me £11.00. According to google maps it's a 52 minute walk.

Hotel rooms have paper thin walls and I was woken repeatedly. It also smells of fags.

Pool was out of order.

In the morning I attempted to book a taxi and reception said they would call me. 30 minutes later I went to the desk and she said she would call again. She then reported a further 45 minute wait but she would call the shuttle bus. I specified I needed to be at the airport parking which she assured me was fine.

The guy driving the bus only collects on the hour so I had another 40 minute wait.

When he arrived he was very understanding but the damage had already been done by the poor customer service.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear EllieIorio,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

In relation to our location, Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport hotel is just two miles from Birmingham Airport (BHX). Guests can use the hotel's free shuttle to Birmingham International train station, which has a free monorail connection to the airport. We don't advise walking as we are located just off on a dual carriageway.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the pool at the hotel was undergoing urgent corrective maintenance. Therefore, was closed during your recent visit.

It is truly disheartening to know that we did not live up to your expectations of the IHG brand especially when it comes to the customer service delivered.

It is regrettable that your stay with us has been less than enjoyable and can only hope that should you happen to visit the area in future we may be able to improve your initial impression of us.

Sincerely,​

Reviewed September 1, 2017

Hi, I thought I would let you know how my wifes 50th birthday celebration at the hotel went.
A success from start to finish. From the time we arrived the staff were suprerb in there care and attention in making the special occasion a great night for all.
From setting up the function room to the drinks on arrival for our guests, to the food and entertainment that the hotel had arranged at our request.
My wife had the staff moving tables from one area to the another when we were setting up, all credit to them the guys nothing was a problem.
We had a Masquerade Ball, everybody who attended looked fantastic. The hotel had even provide some Masquerade masks on stands for the photos.
We and some of our guests had booked a room over night and breakfast the next morning. We had been upgraded to a suite which was a lovely touch for my wifes birthday.
A dear friend of ours was so impressed with the venue, he booked the same venue for his own 50th.
A big thank you to all the management and staff. You made us feel really valued as a customer and we will continue to use this hotel for other events in the future.
Thanks again Terry and Debbie Evans

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Tezmo49
Jason H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2017

Dear Tezmo49,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to host your wife's 50th birthday celebrations.
Also thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your time with us and more importantly for the positive comments.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are glad to hear that our services and location are up to your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again!