Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport
Genting Hotel(Birmingham)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
1,842 results
All reviewsa free shuttle busexecutive roomleisure facilitiessteam roomthe sofa bedgenting arenaone night staynecrunwayearplugsconferenceconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We arrived fairly late to be told that the two rooms we had booked was a twin! The reception staff were excellent and sorted it out quite quickly. After sorting this out and getting two rooms (both twins) we met for a late supper in the bar.
My room was down in the basement Room 135. The basement stank of damp and was very shabby. The room was standard Holiday Inn fair but the cosmetic makeover didn't really help.
We waited at the bar for 10 mins before getting served and the food arrived very quickly. However, we decided to have a G&T each and it cost £19.50! What a rip off.
Next morning the breakfast was ok. Standard buffet nothing special. Check out took ages with people arguing about their bills! Staff are very nice and helpful but hotel is not great.

Room Tip: Do not get one on the first floor!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Ryan Y, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear StuartJ,

I am sorry to hear that your impression of the hotel is not what we would expect it to be, however it’s great that the service provided by the team met your expectations.

I have made record of your comments to ensure corrective action is made.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We managed to get a great price for a double room with sofa bed. I wasn't expecting much from this hotel as the price was so cheap for 3 people including breakfast. I was so wrong, the hotel is great. The rooms are spacious, clean and very modern. The bathrooms are lovely and breakfast was great. It was even delivered to our room for just an additional charge of £3 at 4am so we could eat before going to the airport. Staff were very helpful and friendly. I cannot fault this hotel and would certainly return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lemonpipers,

It was great to read that you had such an enjoyable stay in a room you found to be comfortable the night before your holiday....I hope you had better weather than what we had!

We would love to have you back again sometime soon, so be sure to give us a call when you are next planning to be in the area!

Regards

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Very good value for the money. Excellent breakfast. Would stat there again. Although rooms a bit small they are clean. Staff very polite and helpful. All facilities in rooms and the location is excellent. Getting to centre was very easy.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Soheilhaji,

Thanks for your great review of your stay with us. It’s great to read that you will be back with us in the near future!!

Look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our room only had a small plug in portable heater which did not manage to warm it up, the kettle provided was too small & did not hold enough water for 2 cups of tea. Only 1 packet of complimentary biscuits and drink prices were very high £4.90 a pint. Our bathroom also had some chipped tiles on the floor. Worst cheesecake & lemon tart I have ever tasted, but soup was lovely. Very comfy bed and the jacuzzi/steam room was very good. Didn't receive our free movie as the service was down & nothing else offered.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Seirian K,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am pleased to read that although you were not satisfied with all aspects of your stay, you were able to enjoy a comfortable night’s sleep!

We would love to have you stay with us again in the future to show you the usually high standards that we offer.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My family and I visited the restuarant of this hotel for Sunday Lunch using 2 of our Groupon Vouchers. It was insisted upon that we arrived by 2.00pm in order that we could be accommodated before the closing time of 2.30pm. We were well in time but sat waiting in the restuarant for a very long time b efore we were attended to. Service was very slow. Food (Carvery) had a 'very condensed' display of meats and vegetables.The meats were dry and the Turkey and Pork seemed to be the same (though we were assured they were different) We all agreed we could not tell the difference (2 in my party work as Chef's and were having a day off). We had to pay for one of my family as the vouchers did not cover the cost of everyone attending. At £16.95 for this one person (starter and Main only) I was not happy with what we got. If we had had to pay for everyone at this rate then I think complaints would have been made. The drinks were astronomically expensive at nearly £5 a pint and the glass of wine (which had to be returned due to excess acidity, obviously not poured from a fresh bottle) was also very expensive. We were very dissappointed, sadly. We were also annoyed to find people coming into the restuarant long after the 2.30pm deadline and being served, especially as we had rushed the whole family to get there before 2.00pm.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Michael M,

Thank you for sending us your feedback following your experience at our Sunday Carvery.

I am sorry to hear that you had a less than enjoyable experience with this booking. This is not the type of service we aim to provide. All of the comments you have raised I have passed onto Santo our Food & Beverage Operations Manager to ensure that this issues are addressed with the team to prevent further occurrences.

Once again please accept my apologies for this experience.