“Average Stay”

Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport
Ranked #58 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham

Stayed for 2 nights, Staff friendly and helpfull, but let down by
Poor room, we was on the lower ground level, they wer cold and smelt damp and mould, We did request to move, but told they were full, ( I think the other rooms on higher levels are better. Had lots of hassel with the billing, Firstly when we booked 4 people for 2 rooms, they took my payment for 4 people in Each room, overcharging me for 4 extra people, took about 4 phone calls to correct this, before we arrived, then on checkout tried again to charge for the 4 extra people , (had i not checked bill, would have got away with it ! ( furthermore it would have been totally impossible to get 4 people in the rooms we had !!)
We ate in the Hotel Both nights and the food and service was great, not normally a fan of HI food, but must say this Hotel Food was a good quality. If they Sort out the lower basement Rooms and billing issues, would have give 5 stars

Room Tip: Dont accept a room on the lower levels
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Ryan Y, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear jollyjenks,

Thank you for your review - I apologise we did not meet all of your expectations with the billing however I was happy to read that you had a comfortable stay and you found the service friendly.

Thank you for your time, if you would like to return in the future, please contact myself directly so we can try our best to accommodate any needs you require.

Best regards
Ryan Yallop

Write a ReviewReviews (1,782)

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel looks unassuming from outside but once you enter you realise that this is much more than just a hotel
The decor and furnishings are modern and highly maintained
The bedrooms are practical and comfy
The bathroom is stunning
The staff are attentive and helpful
Breakfast is buffet style and plentiful
There are lots of eateries around but next door is an amazing family run Indian that is well worth a visit
We are going back again this month !

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear louise s,

Thank you for sending through the wonderful feedback, it's great to have your opinion.

I am not sure if you have plans to return, however let us know when your next in the area as we would be delighted to look after you once again!

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel the same time last year and it turns out that luckily we were housed in a room in the relatively new bedroom block, this year however, we had a room in what I would consider to be the "old part" of the hotel. It has to be said, the room was cramped to say the least.

Although it wasn't possible to compare the two rooms, we were convinced that the size of the room was of far smaller to the one we had last year. One thing for sure is the condition of the bathroom was pretty dismal, mildew just about everywhere, cracked tiles, etc. Not a pretty sight !

Another moan is the lack of free wifi. When will these large hotels learn that they cannot keep charging extortionate rates for a wifi service. As expensive as 3G is, it's still cheaper than using Holiday Inn wifi service for what I want to use it for !

My advice, for what it's worth .... find a small B & B and you'll normally get free wifi, get a mid range price hotel and you get nothing !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the most modern block !
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to write your review.

Regarding the room condition; please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused.
We try our best to ensure all guests do get a great service from our team I will pass the comments to the Housekeeping to see if such problems doesn’t occur in the future.

Thank you once again, for your constructive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Birmingham airport soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 5, 2012

stayed at hotel instead of a premierinn so much better and paid £9 less.lovely spotless room with everything in it free gym and descent swimming pool would definetly stay again.had to get a cab to nearby solihull £7 for 4 of us were we had plenty of choice for resonably priced restaurants.the restaurant at the hotel was amazingly expensive little choice and whilst having a pint at the bar for£4.90 saw the food coming out was very small portions and plenty of people complaining about being cold.some guy orderd a mixed grill for £20 and i witnessed it on the sidefor nearly 10 minutes thats why we went elsewhere and we would again

Room Tip: anywhere is fine there was no airplane noise at all
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear max b,

Thank you for your review - I apologise we did not meet all of your expectations however happy to read that you had a comfortable stay and you found the service friendly.

Best regards

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here on a KGB deal. The hotel itself is fine, our room was standard and clean and although we could see the runway from our room, we didn't hear a single plane during our stay!! The spa area was nice with a small pool, jacuzzi and steam room, although it was full of children jumping in and screaming (basically doing the complete opposite of all the signs around the pool) and they weren't stopped, therefore it wasn't as relaxing as it could have been!! The meal in the restaurant was nice too, as was the buffet breakfast which was replenished frequently! The staff were friendly and helpful.

The only downside was the bed! It was far too soft, making you roll into each other! It wasn't long enough for my husband who is over 6 foot and I ended up having to sleep with a towel rolled up under my lower back just to give it some support as I could feel my back going in the night (and I'm only 25!!) Not the most comfortable way to sleep!! Up until going to bed, I would have reccomended this hotel, however as sleeping is a major part of staying in a hotel, I couldn't stay here again!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to write your review.

Regarding the mattress condition; please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused.

We try our best to ensure all guests do get a great service from our team I will pass the comments to Houskeeping to see if such problems doesn’t occur in the future.

Thank you once again, for your constructive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Birmingham airport soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This Hotel illegitimately took money from my bank account in September, which it still owes me now (November)!

We stayed for one night, booked through a legitimate online booking agency for £47.55.
My bank card was used as a "guarantee": we had booked earlier the same day and the receptionist "hadn't received the confirmation through yet".
Since our stay, a further £89 has been taken from my account for no reason (almost double what we paid to start with!)
I have contacted the hotel by visiting and providing more proof of the booking and online purchase, emailing numerous times and phoning the hotel itself on many occasions.
The hotel admitted liability but still nothing has been done!
Would NOT recommend this hotel under ANY circumstances unless you wish for this large, international company to take extra money from your bank account without permission!

During the stay, our table was given to someone else at the breakfast buffet!
Managers were trying to hurry the floor staff, who were working extremely well anyway - this is due to the great lack of staff available. This was also true for reception when we arrived, and when I visited to complain of the fraudulent transaction.
Hairs in the bed and poor soundproofing meant we didn't sleep well either.

Completely unacceptable service and I suggest you stay in one of the other hotels close to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

I am sorry to read your recent comments and apologise we did not meet your expectation. I always say to our customers in order for us to resolve positively its best to contact me so I can investigate into your issues and resolve these issues for you.

I have left my details below and hope to hear from you,

Best regards,
Front Office Manager
guestrelations@hiairport.co.uk

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed here mid week at the end of October on a KGB deal. Having read some reviews on here we were not expecting too much, especially for bargin deal we bought. However we could not fault stay.

Room was great clean and decor, bed etc good. Food in restaurant was delicious (part of deal) and service great. Breakfast also good! Pool slightly cool but fine and towels included. Not busy when we used it.

Overall great stay and deal with KGB

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Debsicle,

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Kind regards
Ryan Yallop

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
#36 of 118 in Birmingham
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham NEC
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!