“January Stay”

Jurys Inn Birmingham
Ranked #20 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner decided to stay here in January as we were attending the 'Thriller Live' show at the ICC (5 min walk from hotel) we got a brilliant deal with the hotel and only paid £41 for the night (Thanks to my bargain hunting). Firstly the location was brilliant for the city centre, right in the middle of broad street. When we arrived we parked on the hotel multi-storey which is located to the back of the hotel (£14 for 24 hour stay). Checking in was pretty strait forward and the lady on reception was pleasant, I asked if we could have a high room to avoid any noise off the street and to get a good view but the highest we could get was 9th floor, this was fine but would advise if you want a nice view to go higher. Our room was average I would say, not the ritz but not a hostel. It wasn't the biggest of rooms and didn't really have much of a view but it Had all you could want: double bed, shower, bath, Tv, hair dryer, tea/coffee etc. We had a lovely nights sleep but we did notice noise in night - not from the busy street below but from the lifts! They're quite noisy for a hotel but it didn't affect our sleep as we're quite heavy sleepers. Breakfast was a lovely buffet with all you could wish for - Bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, tomatoes, hash brown, fruit, crossiants, toasts, cheese, even black pudding! Just what you need after a night on the alcohol! Would stay again and recommend but don't think I would pay anymore than £50!

• Stayed: January 2014
There are newer reviews for Jurys Inn Birmingham

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Went to Jurys Inn over Xmas / New Year. Very nice stay only problem was the electronic key to the room kept failing and I had to keep going back to reception, and when you are on the 9th floor this was annoying!
Sunday was very busy at breakfast but monday was veryquiet!
A nice hotel would stay again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Booked the room about 2 hours before I arrived, and got a great deal on a certain website that has "secret hotels".

When I arrived, I was dismayed to see steps up to reception, but with a bit of help from Kaja, I was able to check in.

Arrived too early at The Grill, so was advised that the bar was doing food too, so I stood at the bar, where the woman who was serving, stopped speaking to the man at the bar, and promptly walked off. Never to be seen again. After several minutes of standing there like a plank, I went to a restaurant outside, which is didn't particularly want to do in the rain.

Next evening, I went down to The Grill again, this time at a later time, and Mathew and (S)teven (he needs a new badge lol) couldn't have been more helpful. Due to allergies, they enquired with Chef as to what was suitable, and it was narrowed down to 3 meals. The gammon steak was delicious and the hand cut homemade chips were to die for!

The room was small, but big enough for me. Accessible bathroom, complete with bath board to sit on and hand rails in various positions over the bath and shower. Was able to get more milk from reception for my milky coffees, didn't get the mans name, but he had no problem in leaving his desk so I didn't have to lug my walker up the steps! I could occasionally hear the lifts whizzing up and down and the faint bass beat from the clubs out on Broad Street, but nothing to get wound up about.

There's only one thing I would change, and that is to get an automatic door fitted at the entrance, for disabled people as It's quite difficult to open if you're alone.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2014

First class service from start to finish, Hotel very clean, Staff very helpful. Stayed here to do some sale shopping, given directions to shops told about times for breakfast which was first class. would stay again. Thanks

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I've stayed at the Jury's Inn regularly during the summer months, no problems at all. But as the cold months have arrived I am disgusted how many times during every stay I have had to go and ask for the heating to be put on. The rooms are not cold, they are freezing. The master heater temperatures are set by the hotel so this is within their control yet they choose to have this sub service attitude. Customers are paying for warmth and the Jury's Inn should provide what we are paying for!

• Stayed: January 2014
Melissa S, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Eastern_princess

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay at Jurys Inn Birmingham.

I am sorry to hear about the problem you have experienced with the heating during your stay.
Your feedback has been shared with our Maintenance and Housekeeping team, so that we can investigate how we can improve this.
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you would like to discuss this further with me, please do not hesitate to contact me on Jim_Vanhoecke@jurysinns.com

Meanwhile, i look forward to welcoming you again soon at Jurys Inn Birmingham.

Kind regards,

Jim Van Hoecke
C&B Manager

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in few Birmingham hotels and have say jury inn is our favourite.. We stayed here over new year 2013 the room is very clean we will be coming back again.. £10 Breakfast is nice help yourself and eat as much as you like.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was a clean and excellent hotel. Very busy on arrival in the reception area. Waited to check in and was served very quickly. Stayed here for work and there are a number of great restaurants within walking distance.

Checkout too was quick. Only problem was finding the pay machine for the very expensive adjoining car park. Not entirely the hotels fault - but they do endorse it as their preferred car park and a little help with where the machine is located would have been useful.

I would happily stay again. Price was 59 GBP for one night. Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business