“One day - business” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“One day - business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This Jurys Inn delivers. Great bang for your buck. Clean rooms, good facilities, low cost. It really isn't too inferior to the Hyatt down the road in terms of room quality. Would recommend staying for either business or a night out in birmingham.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JurysBirminghamMgmt, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Dannysatch

Thank you for your review, it is fantaistic to get such positive feedback from one of our guests, i will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our team here at Birmingham.

We look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Jurys Inn Birmingham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Finnish first
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I booked this for a girly stay for my mom, me & my sister - for a matinee followed by an evening on Broad Street. We arrived and got parked in the car park no problems, with easy entry to the hotel via the back entrance. Reception were very friendly and reception and bar area nice and welcoming and comfy. We could not check in but easy to use luggage room and they also offered to order taxi for us if none on the rank outside. Bar staff a little slow (only one on) for lunchtime on a Saturday - a bit odd. Room itself was great - 2 double beds which were comfy and clean, and of a reasonable size for 2 of us getting ready for a night out. Lots of tv channels includng music which was great. Location for Broad St can't be beaten. We stayed on 14th floor so no issues with noise - not sure on lower floors. Couple of hen dos in evidence, as to be expected. Breakfast was pretty standard - def not the best I have had but plenty on offer and was hot and nice. Confusion - they did not have our brekkie included on the booking (through hotelopia) but I had my paperwork stating it was and they had no issue once they saw this.
All in all - I would recommend this for a Saturday on Broad St. We even were able to take our late night chips snack to the room! for info we paid £90 for three of us including brekkie.

Room Tip: If you want quiet - probably high up.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Derry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I booked a surprise overnight stay 2nd march in a triple room for my sister to celebrate her birthday, three of us in total, this was booked a while back.
I requested a quiet room if available which which was confirmed by email, we arrived late afternoon at check in, reception said they were unaware of request, not a good start, But was told we have a room on top floor so it would be quiet, on entering the room it was clear we were just gave any old room as it was set up for two people, not three.

Room was small and very cold, set the heating so it would be ready for our return after our meal that was booked for the evening, could not believe just how cold the room was! Contacted reception who assured us the heating could be set by them, it was not done, over an hour later room was still so cold, we ended up all sleeping in one bed!

Around 3am we were woken to bangs on the door, people running up and down the corridor, just awful, so much for a quiet room! We could not wait to leave, i told all this to reception and that i would like it noted, they really were not interested. This spoilt our night away, would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear IME72

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our hotel.

Please accept my sincere appologies for the disruptions and inconvienience you ecountered during your stay with us. I would like to assure you that the issues you have highlighted will be fully investigated and any necessary actions will be made.
We have 24 hour security and a full maintenence team within the hotel so i am very dissapointed that our team did not rectify these issues during your stay.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

niall_mitchell@jurysinns.com
Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Booked this hotel on a budget for a get away few nights on 7 April 2012 departed on 9 April 2012 with the family. For what we paid it was fine and I cant really complain. Our bedroom was located near a lift shaft and it was very noisy throughout the night.

Plenty of food at breakfast however the experience was a little like a canteen or the food hall at Butlins.

Perfect location, comfortable bed and based on price I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JurysBirminghamMgmt, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear V7JTR

Thank you for posting your review.

I am delighted to inform you that we have fully refurbished our hotel with a £4.7 million refurbishment since your last visit to us in April last year. All 445 of our bedrooms along with our 20 conference rooms have been fully refurbished.
We have also opened our new grill restaurant "The grill on broad street" and our bar and breakfast dining area have had a full design change and upgrade.

We hope you will be returning to birmingham soon and you will be able to experience our new look.

Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Arrived at 9am for a business stay after a journey which began at 3 am. I enquired at reception if my room might be ready as i had been told by my company that they had made a request due to my early arrival but the grumpy receptionist just told me abruptly that rooms were never ready until 2pm. My course was not due to start until 12 noon so i hung about the ground floor for 3 hours feeling very tired. When my tutor arrived i was annoyed to find that my room had actually been available all the time but the receptionist hadnt bothered to check. I complained to one of the other receptionists but she just changed the subject and gave me my room key. The room was lovely but very cold. A few people complained about this and to be fair it was remedied quickly. It wasnt possible to override the set temperature in the room. The food was very nice and apart from the receptionist i encountered all the other staff were particularly attentive and friendly. I would recommend this hotel and felt the business facilities/training rooms were worth using. It was nice to attend a training course where the course was actually held in the hotel and i didnt need to make my way elsewhere after a tiring journey.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JurysBirminghamMgmt, Manager at Jurys Inn Birmingham, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Sunnylass

Thank you for taking the time to write a review onour hotel.

I am truly dissapointed with our reception team regarding your comments on arriving early to our hotel. Please accept my sincere appologies for your wait and also for the manor in which your early arrrival was dealt with.

Although our check in time is 2pm we have procedures in place to always try to have a room available for any of our guests that arrive early, especially if this has been previously requested prior to arrival. It is clear through your review that these procedures have not been followed, however i can assure you that i have addressed this with our full reception team.

I am glad you found our facilities and meeting rooms to be of a good standard and we look forward to welcoming you back to Birmingham again in the future.

If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

jurysinnbirmingham@jurysinns.com
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stay here regularly. It is easy to find, within easy walking distance to all the city centre attractions, and has a convenient car park.
It used to be called the Chamberlain Tower, and the rooms are bigger than in some Jurys Hotels. Room furnishings are fine and the bathrooms are OK except for the liquid soap.
I've only every had breakfast and bar food, and they are fine.
It's also inexpensive.

Room Tip: Great views on the higher floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear John B

Thank you for your review.

We are deilighted to see a review from one of our regular guests and I will be sure to pass your comments on to the rest of our team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Birmingham soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Would recommend this hotel, I originally asked on check in for a quite room and was offered floor 12 but my friends preferred a lower floor so we had 3rd. Stayed here for a friends birthday and as 3 girls with ridiculous shoes words cannot express how fabulous the location is! Clean, bright :-)

• Stayed March 2013