All reviewsgreat locationcanal view roombars and restaurantscanal sidemailbox complexharvey nicholsmail boxsuperior roomcity centremini fridgeshower pressureall mod consrooms are modernhotel is locatedafternoon teashort strollwonderful hotel
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the AC Hotel for one night last weekend as we were attending a concert at the O2 Academy in Birmingham.

The hotel is easily accessible from the train station while the Mailbox, Bullring and O2 Academy are all within walking distance from the hotel, which is exactly what we needed.

Our room was exactly as described on the booking website with comfortable beds, a giant television, a comfortable chair and plenty of storage space. The bathroom was nicely appointed and the shower was of a very good size with excellent water pressure.

A recurring theme throughout the hotel was how clean it was. As soon as we entered the reception area we were greeted with a really clean and fresh smell.

The bar area is quite large and there are plenty of places to sit without feeling crowded in. It's a nice place to sit to enjoy a couple of drinks. Although the prices are a little steep, but that is not unusual for hotel bars especially when the majority of guests are business travellers. The selection of drinks was good in terms of beers, wines and spirits, but I would have liked to have seen a more extensive cocktail menu rather than them just offering one uninspiring special option.

All of the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly.

We would consider staying here again on any future visits we make to Birmingham.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
General M, Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Dear The_Black_Cat2011,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the AC Hotel Birmingham and we are so pleased that you will consider staying with us on future visits to the city.

We are also pleased that you enjoyed all the facilities of your room and we do appreciate you highlighting the cleanliness of our hotel which we very much pride ourselves on. It's great to see that you got to enjoy some time in the AC Lounge and rest assured that we are working on a brand new drinks menu that we plan to introduce soon. Feel free to give us a call before your next stay and we'd be delighted to let you know about our latest beverage offers.

Thank you again for your review and valued feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Due to an administrative error by whoever booked our room, a work colleague and I were issued with a double room instead of a twin room. When I asked at reception if they could do anything about it, I was told they couldn’t aside from checking if there were any spare twins available (which there wasn’t). As a result, I got no sleep (because sharing a bed with my work colleague was unacceptable) and then had to drive 100 miles the next morning.

Having worked extensively in hotels before, I have myself gone the extra mile for customers in similar situations by finding some kind of solution (camp-bed / sofa / breaking down doubles into singles myself / providing surplus duvets to create a makeshift bed on the floor etc).

Not impressed with the uncaring reception staff.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Gibweiser

Dear Gibweiser,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to see that you you had booked a double room instead of a twin room and I can only presume that we were fully booked on this particular night without having the specific details. I am of course concerned to read your comments in regards to the service you received as this is not a reflection of the way our Reception Team are trained to deal with situations or reflective of the usual positive feedback that we receive.

We aim to exceed our guest's expectations so going the extra mile as you mention is something you should expect at AC. While we do not have roll-away beds we would absolutely as a bare minimum provide extra bedding for any guest on request. I do wish that your dissatisfaction had been raised with one of my Duty Managers at the time to ensure this was resolved and I have further followed this up with our Front Office Manager to ensure our team always go the extra mile as expected.

Sincere apologies again and I do hope you will give us the chance to demonstrate our usual high standards in the future.

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

We stayed a single night after a concert at the Barclaycard Arena. Great location for eating out, concerts, shopping, access to trains. There are probably cheaper hotels, but they do deals if you book early.

Hotel Plus points - very good location, lovely clean rooms, good beer at the bar, very enjoyable breakfast, helpful staff.

Negative points - annoyingly noisy fridge, shower water flow is a bit lacking and (personal preference here) hard bed.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear bofus666,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay at the AC Hotel Birmingham and while it's great to see that you enjoyed your stay on the whole I would like to apologise for any noise disturbance from the fridge in your room.

Our in room minibars are on timers programmed to switch off at 10pm so as not to disturb our guests during the night. I'd be grateful if you could advise me which room you stayed in so I can have this issue resolved by re-programming the timer or of course replacing it if faulty to ensure this is an isolated issue.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the location, cleanliness, AC lounge and service that you received and do truly appreciate your valued feedback so we can rectify any issues going forward.

Thank you once again.

craig.perry@acbirmingham.com

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here not too long ago and I have to say the quality of service is above par, amazing atmosphere and super attentive staff, in particularly Mariana, she really made the stay for me. Thank you so much!!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo

Dear Jojo F,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay at the AC Hotel Birmingham and for mentioning the attentive service that you received.

It's great to see that you enjoyed the atmosphere in the hotel and the service that you received from Mariana leaving you with such a great lasting impression.

We very much hope to see you again soon and thank you one more time.

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location within walking distance of New St station and the Birmingham Arena. Lots of fabulous bars and restaurants close by. The hotel is clean, has a good facilities in the room including a very good hair dryer and iron. There was a wide and varied choice of food at breakfast, omelette and poached eggs made to order. All the staff were friendly and polite. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends

Dear citygirl2366,

Thank you for your review of the AC Hotel Birmingham, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and are so pleased that you was impressed with your stay.

It's great to see that you enjoyed our location so much and in addition the service that you received, facilities, cleanliness of the hotel and our breakfast offering.

Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you on your next stay.