Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace
$84
$99
$92
2,906 results
All reviewsbrindley placebroad streetbars and restaurantsbarclaycard arenasymphony hallcity centrecanal areacar parkexcellent locationbusiness hotelironing boardsaturday nightmin walkmodern hotelone night staycomfy bedbull ring
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We got a deal through Expedia for the hotel so we didn t pay full price thankfully. We booked 2 rooms under 2 names and paid together as we had friends joining us for the weekend.
Our confirmation paperwork stated checkmin at 2 however o arrival we were told it was 3 and sent away to wait, however once we found our paperwork we were able to confirm it was 2 and we were at this piont given a room. The rooms are small but perfectly adequate for 1 night. The fixtures and fitting s are good and the bed was comfortable however the safe didn t work so we called for assistance to be told there was a issue with the battery and someone would change it 20 min s later still no fix and when i called to say we needed to meet people we were offered a room change ! I felt certain things should be checked before a room to authorised for new guests. After the confusion at checkin i wasnt to happy. The cocktail bar across from the hotel is very noisy and i have to admit my sleep was really disturbed due to the noise :(. On the plus side it is pretty central which is convieiant !
My friends got into about 3 conversations where the desk staff tryed to charge them again for the room which frustrated me and they had already been told the room had been paid and should have been able to see this from their system. We left the hotel earlier than them on the sunday only to be called on the way home again as the hotel wanted to charge them again !
Poor considering how renowed the Hilton chain is.

Room Tip: away from the entrance or night club !
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was our first stay at hotel since rebranding, previously a Mint Hotel.To be honest we were left a little disappointed.Firstly the room was very hot but were unable to use the air-con as this is not available until April ! So had to open the window but the noise from the street below made it difficult to get to sleep.That added to the very uncomfortable noisy bed. Well at least we had a good breakfast to look forward too,well nearly. On previous stays (as Mint Hotel) we had very good waitress service and the full English Breakfast plus toast was ordered and cooked fresh.Now however everything is self serve which is fine for the various pastries, cereals, fruit, juice etc but English Breakfast is lost by everything being kept just warm and make you own toast.Coffee/ tea would be served to the table but it took a few attempts at getting the waitresses attention before coffee was served.Also refills were again a trial.Having paid a price of £145 for one night we expected better.I know to some people these are small points but there were others taking breakfast at the same time who had similar complaints.
Plus points of hotel are it's location and cleanliness. Would we stay there again ? Probably not as this has made us look elsewhere for future stays in Birmingham

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steve_james62
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my hen party - hotel is brilliant for those looking to be close to the best of Brum. Clean and tidy rooms with all the mirrors and plug sockets (for hair appliances!) a girl could ask for before heading out! Staff were friendly and helpful, we ate here on the Friday and the food was delicious. The breakfasts were also great, loads of choice and delish!

Will defiantly return.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Helen T
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Arrived for a 2 night stay, went to check in, was told they were relocating me. Didn't explain why, but apologised and said they'd book me a taxi to the Hotel La Tour in Birmingham's bull ring. They explained it was a better hotel. I advised the reason I'd booked the HGI was because of proximity to the training establishment that I was visiting for a course. They explained they'd pay for a taxi to take me to the training establishment, so I reluctantly agreed. They offered a complimentary drink while I waited for the taxi. I sat down, and 2 mins later, the receptionist advised that as I was staying for 2 nights, I'd be relocated back to the HGI the next morning. Great I thought - now I've got a faff in the morning with bags and timings. I said as long as they take me directly to my training venue in the morning, I'd be happy (but could have done without the hassle). Got to the La Tour, and was checked into a nice room, but I'll review that separately. Next day, sorted taxi, went to training venue, came back to HGI to check in for the second night. Queud, then was invited over by receptionist, who then when I started to speak, cut me off, and said "just give me a minute while I finish this". So I waited. Got checked in and went to room. Basic compact 4* fare - nice enough room, but quite cold. Heating wouldn't work, so put on a sweater. iMac in room, which was nice - with good fast internet connection. Breakfast next morning was average. Grumpiest rudest chef doing eggs/omelettes ever. Grunted, didn't speak, no smiles. Very very rude. No customer service skills whatsoever. Had to ask for Tea as none was forthcoming. Checked out efficiently. Overall then, bit of a shambles with overbooking, customer service highly variable. Food average. Location good - if you actually get to stay there. Probably wouldn't choose here again as a result of this experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Simes123
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 3pm parked safety downstairs under the hotel no problems staff very helpful. Room was gorgeous and compfy no complaints there.
We spent the evening in the bar here as our friend was Not well. (We did leave to see Jack Whitehall live :) ). Good drink yummy food. Hardly slept a wink sounded like an elephant stampede above our room!! There must be a conference room above or something constantly scraping chairs heels clogging it was awful we are in room 124 and it's so so loud!! Our friends in 134 and 140 heard it to kept them awake. The noise didn't stop till 1ish then started again about 6! We will be complaining about this. Other than that... It has been a nice stay overall. If you are to stay here just do not stay on the first floor unless you are a heavy heavy heavy sleeper!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple