“Amazing staff amazing food”
Review of O'Neill's

O'Neill's
Ranked #48 of 2,492 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Irish, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: You'll always find a warm welcome at O'Neill's in Broad Street in Birmingham. Ours is a place where you're free to go with the flow. Where great food and drink is always served with a smile. And where, no matter whether you're a regular or a newcomer, our friendly team will make you feel at home.Irish pubs are known for their hospitality – a point we love proving here at O'Neill's in Broad Street in Birmingham. We are one of the best pubs in Birmingham for Irish food, drink and atmosphere. Come and see for yourself – drop by for a bite to eat, to watch some sport, to enjoy our live music or just for the craic. Sláinte!
Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

Came here on the evening of 12th May, pretty easy to find a table which was good considering it was busy and the football was on!

The staff were very friendly and welcoming when I was purchasing at the bar. I did give the app ago but I had problems with connecting and stuff so it was easier to just go to the bar. Especially with a table with no number on it.

The burgers and pizza were on point and by far better then spoons. No competition.

Shame cider isn’t on the meal deals but bar staff happy to let me try your larger 13 with black. It just about did the job...

If we come back to Birmingham we shall definitely come back in!

Keep up the good work

Pip W, Manager at O'Neill's, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your review. I am obviously glad to hear that you can see the lengths we go to to provide a genuine welcome to our guests and it seems they didn't disappoint. We are also pleased to hear that the food hit the mark for you too and I will pass on your comments to our kitchen team as they work hard to maintain a consistent standard.

I am sorry that you couldn't seem to connect to the order at table website but I am pleased that you have been constructive in your review. Currently it it is a web address and a new downloadable app will be launched soon, so my apologies for this if it would not connect on the evening. I have also taken on board your comment about table numbers and I will have this corrected so thank you for pointing this out to me.

I do hope you get the chance to return to O'Neill's soon.

Warmest Wishes

Mark

Reviewed May 7, 2018 via mobile

Clocked this place on the way back to our hotel looking for a night cap before bed.

The whole street was thronging with revellers frequenting the many bars and clubs on Broad Street, however it was a beacon of calm compared the various clubs and bars further down the street so we decide do to pop-in.

Impressive selection of beers and spirits and very good world whisk(e)y list.

Prices for our beers were a little steep but not on a par with London levels of cost-offence and any change from a tenner for 2 drinks can't really be sniffed at.

Would stop by again without much convincing and it's not too far off the beaten path so if you're city-centre and lacking a spot for a good drink and decent atmosphere you wouldn't leave here disappointed.

Pip W, Manager at O'Neill's, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2018

Dear Dave S,

Thank you for your well thought out and balanced review of O'Neill's. I am glad you found us to your liking on the evening and enjoyed both the atmosphere and the fine selection of Whisk(e)y we have on offer. I wonder if you managed to sample any?

You are very astute to say we charge a little more than some but I would say we are competitively priced overall and try to offer products across our draft, bottled and spirit ranges that suit a range of budgets and of course tastes for our guests.

I do hope you get the chance to drop by again when next on Broad Street and perhaps take advantage of some of our meal and drink options which help to reduce costs for everyone.

Once again many thanks for the review

Best Wishes

Mark

Reviewed May 1, 2018

I go here quite often . I have never been disappointed with the service or quality of the food. It is the best pub in town. The five pound menu is fantastic. I love the sausages and colcannon. On the last visit we had superb fish and chips. The slow rib is a delight too. The staff are always friendly and I look forward to every visit!

General Manager A, Manager at O'Neill's, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Mary C, we are so happy to read such a great review about O'Neill's Broad Street!

The £5 lunch menu is an absolute bargain! I'm glad you've enjoyed the menu that you've tried so far, perhaps we need to invent a bingo so you can tick off all of the dishes you'v tried!

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warmest Regards

Emily :)

Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

This place is awesome. Three visits in only two weeks. Same prices as Wetherspoons but quality of food is much better. Long time before I visit the 2 Wetherspoons on broad street from now on. I take o neills anytime.

Staff much friendlier, much nicer bar and restaurant. See you next week

General Manager A, Manager at O'Neill's, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2018

Bigkev959, first of all, great name!

Secondly, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

We strive to provide great food and great service every time!

We're looking forward to you seeing you next week!

Warmest Regards

Emily

Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

A group of us came over to Birmingham to celebrate my birthday and as always O'Neill's was our first stop off point. We all ordered food which tasted amazing (as always) and came out quickly bearing in mind how busy it was.
We always stay in O'Neill's for a few hours as the atmosphere is always great, especially when there is a sporting event on and everyone is so friendly. The lovely manager sent over a round of shots to our table which was a greatly appreciated surprise... who doesn't love a birthday shot!❤
Looking forward to visiting O'Neill's next weekend for the bank holiday

1  Thank BWBP

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I am so glad you enjoyed your special day with us, especially the food and shots!

We are looking forward to welcoming you all back at the weekend for some Bank Holiday Fun!!!

Thank you again for the great review!

Kindest Regards