ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street
Ranked #98 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed for a night midweek and after reading reviews, was pleased to find they'd made some good improvements, like blackout curtains and comfy mattress toppers. Room was good sized and clean and I liked having my car right outside. Breakfast was nice (although I didn't eat any hot food) and staff were helpful throughout. After I got home I realised I'd left my special neck pillow in the room by accident, I phoned and the hotel staff retrieved it and posted it straight back to me. Would definitely recommend for the price, some of the comments on here seem a bit harsh.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, General Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your feedback in TipAdvisor following your stay at ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus. I am delighted that you enjoyed the experience and look forward to welcome you again in the future.

I am also glad that the pillow was returned to you safely!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

we came for a weekend conferance at the ICC, only a good 10 min walk, our room was at the back on the top floor, a good size bedding and bed very clean and cosy, and quiet only critisism would be the tv did not give us the normal tv freeview channels that are bog standard these days , we would have to pay to watch FREEVIEW ! also it would be good to have free wi fi also pretty standard in basic hotels, breakfast was ok and hot plenty of choice for the price, parking is a bonus £3 per day and they let us pick our car up at the end of the weekend conferance. all in all i dont know where all the negative reviews have come from, well done Ibis !

Room Tip: top floor at the back second block
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, General Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for reviwing your stay at the hotel in TripAdvisor. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed the stay at ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus and look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Please note that standard TV channels are free of charge by selecting "TV Channels" on the TV screen menu. We only charge via TV for on-demand movies, wired broadband and music jukebox.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The hotel is well situated in the centre of Birmingham within easy walking access of the major attractions.

The rooms are chalet style rooms in 2 blocks with an upper & lower floor in each block. The room was great for one but I would think it might be crowded for 2. The bed was large and slightly hard for my liking but I had a good nights sleep.

The bathroom was clean and functional although the shower head was rather low for me.

Tea & coffee making facilities are provided and Internet access is now provided free - not WiFi though.

There is off road parking for a charge of £3 per day. Breakfast costs £7.50 and had a hot buffet as well as the usual continental choices.

I ate in one night and although it was all pre-prepared and microwaved it was tasty and good value for just under £10.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper room facing the inner car park
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, General Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your comments in TripAdvisor following your stay at the hotel. Whilst I am pleased that you enjoyed the experience, I am surprised that you mentioned we offer complimentary internet - as this is not currently the case.

I will pass on your comments to my team and look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I paid £35 for my room and i thought it was good value.the staff very nice and helpful.parking was sercure-£3 for 24hours.
For 35pound the hotel was a bargain.brekkie was not bad either. The hotel is about 5 mins from the centre by taxi- taxi cost 5pounds.

• Stayed: September 2012
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, General Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your thoughts about the hotel in TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed the stay at the hotel and will pass on your comments to my team.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night with my partner and a couple of friends while seeing a show at at the NIA.
The hotel is located within 10 minutes walk from the city centre, although we did take a taxi back late at night, only because the subways leading to the area didn't seem very safe.
The young lady at reception was very helpul and polite and even asked if we needed a map of Birmingham. She even made sure our rooms were next to each other.
The rooms were very comfortable, clean, just what you need for a one night stay. The bathroom was also clean, with plenty of towels and even a hairdryer. Shame there was hardly any pressure in the shower.
Thanks to the convenient late check out time (12 o'clock), we were looking forward to a good night's sleep, unfortunately we got woken up around 7am by what sounded like either deliveries or bottle bins being emptied right outside our window. I have only just noticed that somebody else mentioned this in their review a couple of months ago.
We didn't choose to have breakfast here so can't comment on that, although we did have a drink in the bar early in the evening, the drinks were a bit too overpriced.
Overall, a pleasant stay, we would definitely stay again, but would make sure to stay away from rooms 117 and 118.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
IBISHOLLOWAYCIRCUS, General Manager at ibis Birmingham Centre Irving Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus and look forward to your next stay.

We regularly pass on guests feedback to our suppliers so these can undertake corrective measure when deliveries a bit too loud. I am sorry this incident somehow marred and otherwise enjoyable stay.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I think the 'prison camp' comments are way off, I liked the security aspect of this! Good basic accomodation, our room was clean and had all we needed for an overnight stay. Friendly staff and we could park the car right outside our room, though we were not told before hand that it would be £3 to park (didn't mind though) and it was just a 10 minute walk to city centre.
Breakfast was £5 each if paid for the night before (£7-50 on the morning) and there was a good basic breakfast on offer. cereals, fruit, yogurt, cheeses, croissants, and also hot food buffet.
If you are looking for a good basic place for a short stay I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: We had a room facing into the car park and had a space right outside the room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many Thanks for your kind words following your stay at ibis Birmingham Holloway Circus. It is nice to read that you value parking your car near the room you occupied!

I look forward to your next visit.