“Nice enough, nothing special but great waiter service”

Miller and Carter Mailbox
Ranked #109 of 2,323 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ladywood
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The food was ok, nothing special average steaks and chicken, could have been anywhere. The waiter was very good and service was fast and efficient.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Turned up, place was full staff so helpful, never had any reservation only waited 2 mins and they organised a table, admittedly it was only for 3, but they didn't need to make the effort. After being sat down staff we're so friendly, service fantastic, food was delicious great atmosphere, forget Marcos eat here.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had wanted to eat here for a while and as iam not a big steak eater was unsure. I am very glad I did.

We ate the lunch special menu very good quality steak the best even. Lovely cosy modern interior.

A must eat restaurant definately in my top 5.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Went for a meal with family and friends last Saturday and had a lovely time.

All staff were very courteous and professional and any queries we had were answered fully.

I had the fillet wellington and it was absolutely delicious. A fillet, rump steak with lobster tail and lamb orders also went down well. The side orders to the meals, onion bread, fries, dauphnoise potatoes, lettuce wedges and sauces were all very good.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was very relaxed and welcoming.

Prices reflect the quality of the food.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this place for a meal and/or drinks.

Will definately be going back!!!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here on a visit to Birmingham. I try not to over score as I feel if you pay good money and get good food then that's enough. The meal, atmosphere and service were first class. I can't remember enjoying a meal as much as I did this one when eating out. Steak can be a bit hit & miss both in quality and cooking, but when it's done right as it was here on this occasion it was a pleasure to eat. The soup was tasty, the side orders (particularly the onion loaf) very good and the pudding wrapped up a very pleasant meal. I'm only sorry I live in London and won't be going to Birmingham again in the forseeable future.

1  Thank Cliff36