“Brilliant. Budget hotel. Clean.”

Travelodge Birmingham Central Bull Ring
Ranked #22 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I have to say I went with my husband and friends to the travelodge. Hubby and I were surprised at the room. It was clean. That's all we look for in a hotel and peace. Hotel staff were basic. Told us where the room was. But I prefer that. Don't like fuss made. Would stay here again for sure. Were only here for one night for a gig. The markets across the road. No need for all the fuss reviews. Basic but clean.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Samantha S
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Birmingham Central Bull Ring

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed in this hotel from 10-12 October, we had a room on the 7th floor. We had breakfast included in the price.It was good although the choice was a bit limited in comparison to 4 star hotels but overall it was great, we couldn't complain there was a hot and cold buffet. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and nice although we booked a family room and got a double we also didn't complain as it was comfortable enough. The only thing we really missed was a concierge where we could leave our luggage after checking out.So far during our trips to UK we always chose 4star hotels but this hotel is really worth staying, the quality is not worse and we can highly recommend it.

Room Tip: we had a room 725, it was quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights last week, check in was fantastic, I was checked in by a member of staff called Denisa, her attitude and personality was absolutely brilliant nice and calming which settled me.

I was advised about breakfast times, I asked if there was an ironing board in the room and a hairdryer, to which I was told no, followed by "but I can bring one up for you" to which it was 10 minutes after check in.

The hotel was clean. smelt fantastic and the beds were super comfy. Overall my stay was fantastic, I can see now why Travelodge's are so busy your not getting a 5 star room, with fancy
nic nacs and an overly priced restaurant your getting a standard, perfectly useable and sleep able room with 5 star service what more could your need or ask for.

I know where I shall be staying in the future.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor facing the city which at night lights up its a great view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SeanBirmingham
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend for our wedding anniversary. We were swiftly checked in and paid for our stay. We had a comfortable and clean room and had all that we needed. Staff were well presented and polite and ordered us a taxi to take us to our dinner reservation. Great location as well and to walk the 5 minutes to the bull ring and 5 minutes back after a whole days shopping was key. Will Defernatly stay here again.

1  Thank James N
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Excellent location. Staff 10 out of 10, very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Highly recommended. Bear in mind it is in a busy location so early traffic noise can be heard, although this has not put us off. This was our second visit to this Travelodge and we will return!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hotel was very central to where we wanted to be.
It was clean, comfortable and the staff friendly.
We did not eat there but did have drinks in the restaurant that were cheaper than at home.
The Bullring was 200 yards away, indoor market just across the road, train station (New Street, still being revamped) 300 yards away with the bus station and buses about the same distance.
Very central good value for money and would use again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Like many of your reviewers wanted something close to Birmingham Hippodrome! Arrived early for overnight stay to find we couldn't leave luggage, no problem, we could pay £10 if room was available! It was and was money well spent! Large airy room on 8th floor! It was amazingly quiet for a hotel as central as this in a City like Birmingham! I have stayed in more expensive hotels where the noise from adjacent rooms etc wakes you, not so here! Spotlessly clean, wonderfully soft and comfortable bed! Easy walk back from Hippodrome, and even if I was alone would find it no problem! Only had drinks in bar, but not overpriced as expected! Staff, when we saw them, always pleasant! Will I come again to this Travelodge - yes indeed!
My last stay at a Travelodge in Covent Garden was very disappointing so have not use the brand since, I may well do after this experience!

Room Tip: 8th Floor with views over Birmingham and beyond! Possibly quieter if there are noisy people above y...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends