“The worst hotel I have ever seen”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Norfolk Hotel

Norfolk Hotel
Ranked #114 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Northampton, United Kingdom
“The worst hotel I have ever seen”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is by far and away the worst hotel i have ever had the misfortune to step in. I have travelled extensively across the world and stayed in hotels for less than £4 a night, they were all significantly better than this horrendous establishment.

One room was at the very possible lowest passable standard, but the other room was akin to the set of a horror movie.

The corridors were filthy and carried an unpleasant odour. and the entire place seemed incredibly run down.

We looked at the room and immediately left. A refund was given without complaint.

Not worth the money ! Stay elsewhere!

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank 788KSNorth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Irvine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Having read the mixed reviews on here I thought I'd add my thoughts. The hotel was excellent for what I paid. I had a room on the 4th floor and it looked modern and refurbished. The bathroom was fairly small but at least it was new and clean. The lift made it easy to get to our room and check in was easy. The bar and restaurant I am told was next door, but I didn't use it so can't comment on that. I didn't see any "so called council clients" at the hotel. And to me it just seems like a nice modernised hotel. I have already booked my next stay in September.

Room Tip: 4th floor was clean and looked new
Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Jollyjohal
Norfolkinnhotel, Manager at Norfolk Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for submitting such a kind and honest review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again in the future. We have recently refurbished and we are very happy that our guests are now reaping the rewards. All the best, and we hopefully will see each other in the near future.
Kent, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

we booked for 3 nights as my partner was working nearby. first impressions when we arrived were not bad for the money! reception: lovely big area with a few seats scattered about, such a waste. initially smelt liked i had walked into an indian take away. staff sat behind a wooden desk nothing around them suggested we were in a hotel. our room wasnt ready even though it had gone 2 which was checking in time. noticed as we were waiting in car park a few unsavoury looking characters hanging about smoking joints and drinking from cans (later found out the council use hotel for homeless people) talking of parking!! 2 disabled spaces of which people parked in regardless of having a badge or not, staff didnt seem bothered when i asked if they could be moved so we could park and use my badge. so we get our key, 3rd floor up in lift, which needed a good clean. the walls in corridors were flaking and carpets needed hoovering. the room: basic, tidy and reasonably clean, decor was a lot to be desired few patches of plaster repairs some tape on bottom of the door, a curtain which covered half a window. but we were only using it to sleep in so it was ok. well till bedtime that is. our room was facing the main road and as it was hot in our room we had to have the window open all night, big mistake the noise was unbearable from the traffic. so i decided to check out the info on my phone from the actual hotels website. what a load of twaddle!!!! apparently they have a restaurant, bar, snack bar and even room service!! well i must be blind or stupid as there was nothing there! how can you have room service if there was no telephone in your room? i did notice the pizza place making lots of deliveries though! there were no staff about and for a big hotel you would expect to see someone around. on the whole i suppose you could say you get what you pay for, my advice would be go somewhere else and pay a few quid more

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Michelle Cherry L

Travelers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Edgware, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I went to this hotel as I was attending a concert at the nia. The price was fantastic and the hotel was very close to where I needed to go.
I had a lovely time in birmingham and this hotel was very helpful in accomodating me, ordering me a taxi when I needed one, and giving me extra towels as I requested. The room I slept in was clean and looked newly done.
I would definitely come back to this hotel again

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Norfolkinnhotel, Manager at Norfolk Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

i came to birmingham on a business trip and needed somewhere to stay for a couple of nights. The hotel was only £33 per night and close to the pough and harrow where i had a few meetings. The hotel was of a decent standard and my bedroom was clean and worthy of 3 stars. Shower had hot water and was powerful enough. I got exactly what i paid for, a clean quiet room and good location for my trip.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Norfolkinnhotel, Manager at Norfolk Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Went to this hotel as I was waiting to catch a train later in the evening and wanted to rest before I travelled. The hotel was dark, smelt, only one member of staff was there.. He too was watching tv. Unpleasant and unwelcoming reception. The room had no curtain and plain white bedding. Definitely would not recommend.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Newbieyj
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Me and my family stayed here for 3 nights in a family room. We all had a lovely time in birmingham, visiting places such as Cadbury world,the bullring shopping mall and sea life centre. These were all in good proximity to the hotel. The hotel itself was very nice. The room we had looked new and was clean. We can't fault it at all, especially for the price! Internet was the only let down as it wasn't available in the bedrooms, but reception staff told us they would have it in the near future.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family