“Great day out”

Ranked #54 of 265 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Uncover a world of chocolate delights and enjoy a fascinating, fun-packed day out at Cadbury World. From learning how your favourite confectionery is made and uncovering the fascinating story of Cadbury chocolate, to playing in chocolate rain and adding your favourite treat to a delicious pot of warm liquid Cadbury Dairy Milk. You'll discover the origins of the cocoa bean amidst trees and waterfalls in the Aztec Jungle, before jumping on board the magical Cadabra ride and visiting the brand new 4D Chocolate Adventure zone, a 4D cinema experience featuring Cadbury's most popular characters. Cadbury World is located in the grounds of the original Cadbury factory, but isn't a tour of the factory itself. Instead, you'll discover the history, the making and the magic of Cadbury confectionery as you journey through our chocolatey zones.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went to cadbury world as part of a Groupon with the family, arrived just as opened and went through for tickets no problem. Children enjoyed the exhibits, cadabra and the free chocolate on the way round, they really enjoyed the interactive part catching balls and jumping on chocolates. The outdoor play area was brilliant and they spent plenty of time here, will be going again

1  Thank 2kidsmum939
Write a ReviewReviews (8,459)
All reviews
in 81 reviews
"great for kids"
in 84 reviews

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We went with our friends to Cadbury World! It's especially interesting and great for the kids! You get lots of free chocolate and get to see the actual factory in action ! Staff were really friendly kept u entertained while u had to wait 5 mins to get into the main building. Park for the kids to play on. At the end of the day everyone enjoyed it! Everyone should visit it!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

had a great time with my husband and at the time 1 year old son who fully enjoyed himself! would suggest booking tickets in advance I was happy we did as it gets very busy from opening time! the café was great and I had the best hot chocolate in there the gift shop was great the fun doesn't stop in there with a Cadbury train running around over your head and talking models on the walls my son was fascinated, the exhibition itself was great and the greenscreens were really good. have been twice within the last 8 months. would recommend

1  Thank b H
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Previous reviews have expressed disappointment at the experience at Cadbury world. I believe it all depends on your expectations prior to arrival. If you are expecting a version of Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory you will be very disappointed. However if you want to find out about the origins of Cadbury and chocolate consumption in Britain and Ireland (It actually doesn't refer to Ireland but we like Cadbury's too) you will enjoy this. We (2 adults and 2 children (8 & 5)) really enjoyed the tour and the chocolate tasting etc. I found all the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. We queued for the 'Essence' experience and I found that a little disappointing. I do agree that they could do more to make the tour more exciting but they are also limited for space as they are already operating within the confines of the factory.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife won tickets to Cadbury world, so the only outlay was the hotel, travel from Bristol & food for the family, the extra cost of the tickets would have tipped us over the edge, cheap it's not, value for money, well that's a matter of opinion, my kids loved the place, being five & two they are experienced in the ways of attractions such as this, if you asked them, it was "totes epic" ! I guess you have to see it through the eyes of children, not the cynical, jaded eyes of adults. With this in mind the ethos of the original Mr Cadbury has been corporately morphed into just getting away with the minimum that the yanks can do, in terms of presentation. I have to say though, we as a family thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, there were no real queues, no long bouts of boredom, I should imagine during the summer hols, this will not be the case. The free hand outs of confectionary went down well, the shop offering variations on a theme, a little pricey. But all in all a nice day out, my daughter offers an "epic" Me, I can't help think of what Mr Cadbury would make of overpriced "candy" low payed staff, & his beloved Bournville village now in the hands property speculators.
If its only chocolate your about, then eat, enjoy without conscience .

1  Thank GunnerGriffiths