Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
Tri-Star Hotel(Solihull)
5,721 results
All reviewsthe executive loungehuge hotelcourtesy busbusy hotelgenting arenaleisure facilitiesvisiting the necstayed here for one nightconventionconcertmotorway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I like earlier reviewers, have stayed at this hotel a fair few times. In point of fact dating back to 2001/2002 when I was consulting for Jaguar / Land Rover, it was the main reason I become a Hilton honors member which I have been ever since. As I am now a diamond card member it means I stay in multiple hotels in the Hilton Group. My views are very different from Zoe P & roundy72. Firstly the staff, My experience was of both an efficient and amiable team firstly at check in all the way through to the restaurant, bar and executive lounge and even the concierge when I checked out. Faultless. Well worth remembering I stayed on the 13th & 14th December and the hotel had numerous Xmas parties and functions on for Xmas so you might make think they might be a bit stressed. Not one bit. I also thought my room was spot on. Next breakfast there were two rooms as the hotel was busy. and again what you expect from a Hilton, great choice, all fresh / plentiful and waitresses that could not be more helpful. On the second night my family joined me and we took advantage of the leisure facilities yet again excellent. The pool is the real star. I will be back hopefully in early January.

Room Tip: Book early and be nice :-)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you so much your great review.

It's a pleasure to welcome back regular guests and great to see you found the service and standards up to our usual high standards.

Glad to see your family also enjoyed teir visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back in January.

Diector of Operations

Reviewed December 18, 2013

beds hard and lumpy that are too small and move around the room, paper thin walls and rude mercenary staff trying to squeeze every penny out of you! the restaurant is ok but overall service is appalling...

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your comments.

Your experience is certainly not reflective of our usual; high standards and I apologise that we failed to meet yuor expectations.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed a number of time at this hotel, and wrote excellent reviews.

This time due to the staff I felt very disappointed and question if I will stay again.

On booking in we went to the desk where a man was waiting he did not look up at us and said he would be with us in a second. After a few minutes he was ready no apology for keeping us waiting.

Booking us in there was no smile at all. As we always book a executive room normally we get told about the executive bar. I had to ask about this! He did not ask us about a evening meal again I had to ask about booking a table. No offer of paper or wake up call.
We really felt like it was a problem for him to book us in.

As normal we have to provide our reg for the car, which I forgot I was told to tell the driver of the free bus to the airport in the morning. When telling the driver he was very rude and shook his head at me and said don't tell me I drive the bus tell some one inside. I explained I was told to tell him he did not want to know.

We did have a problem with the tv in our room phoned down and with in seconds Barry the very helpful and happy maintenance man came and sorted the problem. Must say he was excellent.
As normal the room was very clean, just no biscuits and robs in room maybe cut backs.

The executive bar was as normal excellent and the two staff in there was happy and very helpful checking that we was ok and had all that we needed

It is a sham about two members of staff let this hotel down as they do get it right in so many areas

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Zoe

Thank you for providing your feedback in relation to your recent stay.

As a previious visitor to the hotel I am sure you will be aware the service you experienced from a couple of team members on this occasion is certainly not the norm. I can assure you your comments will be shared with our Front Office Manager, with a view to re-training being undertaken in this area. In the meantime, please accept my sincere apologies for this lapse in service.

I was pleased to see however that our other team members delivered our usual high standards.

I do hope you will return and visit us again soon.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We were lucky to secure the Curzon Penthouse at an upgrade package which meant we were on standby until we arrived and then paid £120 per night to upgrade to the suite. We were attending a dog show at NEC and wanted the extra space to enable our friends who were also staying at the hotel to have a gathering space for Christmas get together. Our first impression was of a great space but on closer inspection found the room to be VERY dated and shabby and I am SO glad we did not pay the full price !! The ensuite Bathroom in particular is very scruffy. There must have been a leak in the plumbing above the lavatory as tiles had been broken to give access and the repair looked as if it had been done by a child with chewing gum. I called for housekeeping to clean the floor around the loo as the "spotting and splashes (?) " were gross but the chap informed me that it was clean and it was just the way the floor was. It annoyed me for our whole stay how stained the floor was and the grouting and silicone seals are gross. The bed was like concrete, very uncomfortable mattress which gave us both a sore back. The soft furnishings are scruffy and worn. I would have expected a much nicer coffee/tea tray. Two chunky mugs, sachets and "little milks" are not acceptable considering there is a fridge i would have expected fresh milk, and more than two MUGS. The TV package was extremely basic, no SKY, nor is there a DVD player , any books or magazines and quite frankly other than the space I cannot see that this suite is worth what we paid never mind the normal price. I have had a more comfortable and better appointed room in a Holiday Inn ! We ordered food to the room which I have to say was fab ! The menu was actually nicer and more comprehensive than Millers where we dined the first night. Very well priced but wine/drinks prices are exhorbitant throughout the Hotel, REALLY nastily expensive £9.50 for a glass of wine !! The staff however are really good, disappointed that Christmas was not happening in any shape or form in Millers and would have thought also the penthouse suite would have had decorations. I do appreciate that not everyone "does" Christmas but if that was the case then they could have the option to have it removed. I am back to the hotel in March, rooms booked but not upgrading at that time. Would we do the upgrade again ?....not sure........NOT value for money except for the space and would have been devastated if i had paid the full price. We will see. In the condition the rooms are in at this stage would NOT recommend to our many friends who attend Crufts.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lergyheggies
MaxFlude, Manager at Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I was sorry to learn you were disappointed with your suite. The hotel does have a variety of different decor styles and I regret you were not impressed wit the more traditional style of this particular suite. We do have a more contemporary designed suite which I'm sure you would find more suitable to your needs perhaps on a future visit. There is of course no excuse for the poor maintenance in this room and these issues will be attended to by our Maintenance team. Please accept my apologies for this poor impression.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Great hotel we stayed on the 2nd december 2013 we upgraded to a suite for an extra £50.00. and it was lovely. The only thing that upset my stay was I paid everything in advance on day of arrival and the receptionist did not put the upgrade payment on the correct account, caused quite an argument when you are checking out in the morning at 6am to catch a flight and almost missed it. still it was a lovely stay and highly recommend this hotel. You can also get to leave your car for up to 15 days while you go on holiday and it is all included in the price.

Room Tip: suite 5063
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Peter

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the upgrade to be excellent value for money. I regret the confusion you experienced at check out and hope this did not etract too much from your overall enjoyment.

We hope to see you again in the near future.