“OK Hilton, No air conditioning, No Exec Lounge or Welcome, Noisy” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel

Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ranked #70 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Lafayette, Indiana
“OK Hilton, No air conditioning, No Exec Lounge or Welcome, Noisy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here with family for one night. Front desk put hard sell on to use their restaurant, but no coupons or discounts. Chose to set out on foot, they were not very helpful on restaurant areas and gave vague directions and maps. I am diamond member at Hilton and there "helpfulness" in finding a place to eat ranks dead last on all of my travel experiences.

Room was quite hot, they did provide fan. Room was clean. However, our room was directly over a patio that had about an hour of late night noise about 2am.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (945)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed her in mid Jully 2013, I was staying overnight before a business meeting the next day. From arriving at the airport, I made my way to the courtesy bus pick up point which was easy to find. The driver was very freindly and polite. He gave me advice on what time to leave to get to my meeting the next day. Then booked me in for the shuttle in the morning.

From walking in I was very much impresssed, the look and feel of the lobby was pure opulance. A vast improvement from the usual budget hotel that I stay in for business. Got this hotel for a fantastic price, actually worked out cheaper than budget "inns" or "lodges".
Reception staff were very friendly and again gave me advice on where to eat both in the hotel and outside.

I went to my room in the Huge hotel, almost needed a map to find my room ;-). I appeared to have been upgraded free of charge from my basic single to a deluxe twin room. Not bad for less than £45

I ate in the main restaraunt, I was unsure if I had found the reccommeded eatery, I felt a little uncomfortable as in the dining room I was sat quite centrally and exposed, but that is just a personal feeling. It was a buffet dinner and was very nice, quality food. the price though was a little shocking when I got the bill. over £30 for a cola and a buffet! I obviosuly had to pay but rather costly and well over my expenses budget.

My room was very comfortable with fully functioning digital air con which was needed since it was around 28C outside. I was at first a little disapointed not to see a trouser press, however there was an iron and board in the wardrobe. Not the easiest to use as it was secured to the board via a short cord. Did the job though.
Very comfortable nights sleep, with almost perfect black out curtains.
Breakfast was included in my room rate again for under £45 for B&B in a hilton Bargain!!

Overall - worth every bit of its 4star rating,
staff very friendly, ALL staff said hello sir, even when passing them in the corridor.
Great rooms, great price, Great hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
N. Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I have stay here loads of times, and I am very complementary of the hotel and staff. However, given heat wave we are experiencing in July, you need to be aware that the air conditional in this hotel is pants.

The room last night was stifling!!

Otherwise, nice room, great staff, well priced accommodation!!

• Stayed July 2013
Jersey,CI,UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Arrived on a Sunday afternoon to be greeted by extremely loud music blasting from a wedding room. Thankfully the room allocated to me was on the other side of the hotel.

The room itself was large and very good.

Had dinner at the bar and waited 20 minutes to be served. Painful.

The hotel is convenient for the airport, but I would not return unless I needed an airport hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank UK-Stu
Hereford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

My stay was for business at the NEC. Very good value for a single room two minutes from NEC. Very nice room (was upgraded without asking to a twin). Very quiet room so had an excellent nights sleep and I am a very light sleeper. Staff very nice especially in the bar where I ate a very nice light supper.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

lacashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Took a two night break mon to weds. Travelled by train to Birmingham International and was picked up by the courtesy bus within ten minutes and taken to the hotel. Check in was seamless and very quick. Got into room and unpacked, made a coffee whilst trying to determine what the slight smell was. I soon realised that I had been put in to a smoking room. Reception gave me a courtesy call to see if I was happy with the room and offered to move me immediately. As it was a lot of faffing about repacking I said the room was ok and went out for the afternoon. On my return there was a bowl of fruit on the table from the reception team. However,, had I realised how bad the smell would get, I would have moved as soon as offered the chance. I am a smoker myself but prefer to go outside like I do at home. Even the corridors smelled really strongly of smoke.

The room was although lovely, but did not look like the one on the picture when I booked - size or decor. A little disappointing Slight overkill with the lighting and 3 telephones, one phone right next to the loo! Staff were lovely at all times and very helpful. I didn't eat at the hotel as it was very expensive, but you are paying for the brand name after all. It was a shame there was nowhere to sit outside as it was very hot, it might have even encouraged me to venture into the bar

Nice walk around Pendigo Lake next to the hotel. No public transport close to hotel but the courtesy bus was excellent, leaving every half hour. Seats should be booked or space may not be available. Pool looked fantastic but did not get a chance to use it unfortunately.

The room was overlooking the front of the hotel and the taxi drivers made quite a lot of noise talking early in the morning. Coaches leaving early morning also disturbing. To be fair, I probably would not have been disturbed as much if the room had not smelled so bad that I had to sleep with the full length window wide open. Very little noise within the hotel which was good.

The price was excellent @ £47 per night on a summer getaway deal and it was good to experience a quality hotel. Would I stay again, maybe maybe not, but would be very careful when booking to ensure I had a non smoking room away from the hustle and bustle at the front of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
West Midlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked a livingsocial voucher for afternoon tea for four people. If I had paid full price I would have left very unsatisfied, with the discout I just about coped!
I have been to a number of afternoon teas in London with a voucher and what a different experience you get...
When we arrived you just sit anywhere in the lounge bar, which was very busy due to a wedding/conference. We were given our glass of champagne which was the highlight, then it went downhill. The bread was dry and curled, the fillings were minimal and the cakes/pastries weren't very interesting.
After experiencing London afternoon teas, I won't be booking another one outside of London again, as I can asure they are not worth it!!
Disappointed

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Novotel Birmingham Airport
#20 of 117 in Birmingham
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,228 reviews

Been to Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!