“What a lovely spot!”

Annexe
Ranked #159 of 2,246 Restaurants in Birmingham
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Oozing laidback bohemian charm, Annexe Restaurant crafts refined continental cuisine. An exciting, innovative new Mediterranean menu from a chef of Michelin pedigree brings flavours from around Europe - predominantly France, Italy and Spain. All this in a vintage atmosphere full of family style warmth and soul.
Bollington, United Kingdom
“What a lovely spot!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Annexe on Saturday 21st October. Charming, friendly people, terrific food and a lovely ambience. Plus great value for money.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Walsall
“A real gem”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Having read the reviews on tripadvisor we decided to book a table for my wife's birthday on Saturday 21st Sept. Booking on the web site was simple and confirmation to my mobile was instant. From the look of the place from the outside you would never believe what a fantastic venue lies inside. The welcome was warm and inviting, the ambience of the place is lively and fairly unique when compared to other eating places in Birmingham. Service was very good, attentive without being intrusive. Food was good without being exceptional. Overall experience was a good 9 out of 10 and other than a couple of very minor niggles (cold plates for the mains being one and running out of fish of the day) the place would be a full 10. Not a cheap night out, but worth every penny, can't wait to go back again. As others have stated the restaurant at the rear is the place to be.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“What a find”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

New to Birmingham and had a walk, saw a nice little place and popped in...

So glad I did, Annex is superb. Excellent food, lively atmosphere and generally excellent value.

Think I have found my regular eating out venue I'm Birmingham.

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Good evening for a recent birthday night out”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

A group of 20+ of us dined here back in June for a family members 30th birthday, the service was very good and the food was really nice.
I had seen this restaurant a few times beforehand but from the outside it doesnt look much so had never been before the birthday meal. This was the chosen venue as it is my cousin's favourite venue in Birmingham so it was the ideal setting for his surprise birthday meal.
The atmosphere is impressive and the black and white movie playing on the wall made us feel like we were in a a la carte restaurant somewhere in France,

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank PPPhil
“Little surprise”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I've walked past this place for years until my wife pointed it out to me one day and suggested we go. What a spot from her that was. This is by far the best restaurant I've been too in Birmingham and with its lofty rating I'm not surprised.

Ask to sit at the back as this is the more romantic setting with candles lit on the table and a french or european movie playing on the wall behind you. The service is fantastic and the food even better. The value for money for this type of meal is outstanding as a starter, main and dessert with drinks for two was under £100. I need to add my wife and I aren't big drinks so we stick to soft drinks and water but there is a comprehensive wine list which have wide selection of prices, starting from very reasonable to expensive something for everyone.

Dress smart with shoes as the setting demands it, there is free parking outside after 7.30 or 8pm but call ahead to get a good table.

• Visited May 2013