“Absolutely loved it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Annexe

Annexe
Ranked #142 of 2,186 Restaurants in Birmingham
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Oozing laidback bohemian charm, Annexe Restaurant crafts refined continental cuisine. An exciting, innovative new Mediterranean menu from a chef of Michelin pedigree brings flavours from around Europe - predominantly France, Italy and Spain. All this in a vintage atmosphere full of family style warmth and soul.
Birmingham, England
“Absolutely loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely night at Annexe on Saturday evening (27th). The food was absolutely delicious. There were four of us and three had the terrine for starters which was gorgeous and one had crab which was also good. The mains were outstanding, we each had a different dish ranging from Cod, Pork, Steak and Lamb. We were all highly impressed with the standard of food and wine, it really was lovely. The restaurant has a lively atmosphere and was buzzing. The staff are very attentive and looked after us extremely well, we had a nice conversation with the owner who is really doing a good job and has made this a real fine dining venue. Can't wait to return!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Different but great value and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I booked this restaurant following the recommendations here on TripAdvisor... I can now add myself to one of those recommendees!

I booked this as a late birthday present for my younger sister. Having sampled a couple of high-end/Michelin start restaurants in London, we wanted to try something a bit closer to home. We arrive almost an hour early for our reservation (we were both very hungry) and the staff were incredibly welcoming.

The menu choice was great, as was the wine selection. As we were quite early (around 6.45pm) the restaurant was empty, but soon filled up around 7.30pm. I was impressed by the decor - if not a little dark and warm, it worked! My sister and I were able to hold an audible conversation quite easily.

Food-wise, the starters were some of the best we've had! I ordered the Guinea fowl & ham hock terrine whilst my sister had Seared scallops in pancetta. I'm not usually one for sea food, but they did taste great!
For our main, we chose the Roasted pork fillet and Lemon sole, spinach & asparagus paupiette accordingly. We must admit, we enjoyed our starters more, but that's not a down-play on how good these two dishes actually were. We'd definitely order them both again.

For dessert, one of the waiters recommended the panna cotta with a strawberry sorbet and raspberry coulis. Amazing! Simply delicious!

I also found out from the same waiter that the restaurant puts on a number of theme nights, so I shall definitely be returning for one of those!

On leaving, the restaurant manager made a concerted effort to catch us at the door to say goodbye, in much the same way as he had greeted us. Not just a passing wave across the bar, either. A nice little touch.

Finally, the price. We both picked reasonably middle-of-the-road items and for the two of us, a three course meal with a glass of wine each was easily under £100, very good value given the quality of the food!

All in all, I would highly recommend Annexe. Family events, dates, or even just a quiet meal in the corner, it's lovely!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Quirky place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Went with friends who had been before. What a great place. Lovely relaxed atmosphere with great food and staff with just the right side of attentiveness

Visited July 2013
“Prix fixe lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

1940s/50s style bistro- decor stylish. Great food at sensible prices. Lovely, attentive staff.
Good choice of starters and main courses.

1 Thank Paintings23
“Great place great service going back soon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Girlfriend booked here for a meal for my 30th and I loved it. The food was great the atmosphere created by the low lighting, the decor and the silent black and white film playing on the wall in the background all added to the experience. If your a couple or a group of couples then this place is perfect and I've eaten in a lot of places so can say with confidence it's a great place and will definitely be here again soon hopefully for the film noir night

• Visited June 2013