“Lovely evening”

Annexe
Ranked #160 of 2,252 Restaurants in Birmingham
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Oozing laidback bohemian charm, Annexe Restaurant crafts refined continental cuisine. An exciting, innovative new Mediterranean menu from a chef of Michelin pedigree brings flavours from around Europe - predominantly France, Italy and Spain. All this in a vintage atmosphere full of family style warmth and soul.
Bedford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely evening”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

A friend and I had two courses here one evening in January. The food was fantastic, and the service was friendly and informative without being intrusive. Delightful decor, and although there were other diners on a snowy Wednesday evening, there was no intrusion on our privacy, nor any need to raise our voices. Will go there again.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Hotelshopper187

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Birthday Meal”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was taken for lunch today as a birthday lunch from my husband.

We arrived at Annexe and were promptly greeted by a gentleman who I believe may be the manager. He sat us at a window table which had been reserved for us. The restaurant was cosy, defiantly not your typical restaurants with booths, padded chairs etc. it was very stylish.

We had the set menu however what I wanted had been so popular that it had sold out. We did go mid lunch however I was offered a alternative off the a la carte menu- fig tart complimentary as it was my birthday which was amazing!

The service was excellent, we felt like we were the only people in the restaurant with how well we were seen to, you would never think they had other people to serve (which they did) and a couple of groups of people too.

When we had dessert, they brought it out with a candle lit and happy birthday music played. As embarrassed as I was, I was wished a happy birthday by the lady who served us & the gentleman who we believe is the manager, which was lovely.

I felt the atmosphere was perfect and the service and attitude of staff was faultless. I would recommend this to everyone.

The food was delicious, I absolutely adored the chocolate indulgence dessert which consisted of a hot chocolate shot, caramel cheesecake, Choc brownie & ice cream. The chicken was cooked to perfection.

I'm glad my husband took me here for my birthday it was great

Sharon :)

1 Thank SharonD88
Alsager, United Kingdom
“Business or pleasure?”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Having read the reviews on Tripadvisor, I took a risk and booked a meal for 15 attendees of a sales conference. It could not have been better. The service was outstanding, discrete yet extremely efficient. The food was exquisite and reasonably priced. If you stay on the left hand side of the wine list your pocket will not take too much of a bashing, but plenty of opportunity for the wine buff on the right hand side.

Atmosphere was bistro style with black and white movies played directly onto the back wall but silent so as not to interfere with conversation. The decor is quality bistro but better quality glass and cutlery.

It's added to our management list for both business and personal use. Book today and enjoy

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“A romantic meal for two”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend came to celebrate being together for one year. Had a lovely meal my starter grilled prawns was out of this world. Wasn’t very keen on my main but that was mainly down to a bad choice on my part. I like trying new dishes so as I’d never tried venison in pastry before with pate I gave it a try. Unfortunately it wasn’t my cup of tea. My girlfriend ordered scallops for her starter which was lovely I thought however she found it to be a tad bland. For her main course she ordered steak which was delicious, very tasty. I was extremely jealous I didn’t order the same lol. We only ordered 1 drink each with the meal as there was a jug of water for the table which i thought was a nice touch. The bill came to around £70 which was more than reasonable. The Restaurant is beautiful. Lovely ambiance I would definitely go back again. I would recommend this place to friends and family in a heartbeat. Would of given it 5 stars if i had only ordered better but as i didn’t enjoy my main i cant :( ... but there’s always next time.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fabulous evening”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I and four friends went to annexe to celebrate my birthday and had a wonderful evening. As soon as we arrived Damien the manager came over to shake hands and introduce himself which we found very welcoming. The atmosphere and ambiance of the restaurant really is lovely and very Parisian. The service was impeccable even with it being very busy and we all found our meals to be beautifully presented and delicious. The wine list is also very good and very resonably priced.
If you are looking for somewhere to celebrate a special occasion or a romantic dinner you must give this place a try, you will certainly not be dissapointed. We can't wait for the chance to return!

2 Thank ClareM617