“Little gem!!!”

Annexe
Ranked #156 of 2,220 Restaurants in Birmingham
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Oozing laidback bohemian charm, Annexe Restaurant crafts refined continental cuisine. An exciting, innovative new Mediterranean menu from a chef of Michelin pedigree brings flavours from around Europe - predominantly France, Italy and Spain. All this in a vintage atmosphere full of family style warmth and soul.
Sheffield
“Little gem!!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We went here for my friends birthday. The staff were really warm and welcoming and created s lovely atmosphere as soon as you walk through the door. The restaurant is intimate, charming and with a great atmosphere. A few strategically placed palms and ferns affords a good degree of privacy from the next table. A very nice and thoughtful touch. The staff are so nice, polite and welcoming. Service is far better here than at many other restaurants I've been to recently and they make the service feel very personal and not a bit like "just doing my job - what do you want to eat?"

The food was fabulous. Scallop starter with pork main. Both just perfect and fantastic! Wine - fab and very. Reasonable price too!

All in all I just could not find any fault with this fabulous gem of a place and we had such a wonderful evening! And all for just £80!!! Three courses with wine for two!! Surely we were undercharged!

Thank you guys for a great meal!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Halloween Burlesque Evening”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Attended a special event at this restuarant on the 26/10/12, tables were layed out so tha it wast like you were attending a feast (hope that makes sense), a great idea for the actual event if a little cramped hence the 4 star rating, perhaps a few less people crammed on the tables and more elbow room would have enhanced the experience even further.
I love the ambiance at the Annexe, and the decor and setting puts you right in the heart of Paris, very elegant.

Entertainment was very good with a singer compare, and tasteful burlesque dancers, food was the usual high standard along with the service, staff at Annexe are in my opinion excellent and friendly.
This restuarant still remains one of the best value for money venues in the city, if you haven't been to the Annexe then your missing out.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“little gem”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Me and my partner ate here last weekend for our anniversary. Having seen the reviews on here i had to give it a try and can say we were blown away by the service from Damien and the simplicity but taste of the food. Presentation was fantastic and the french wine a real compliment to the food.
We ordered the sea food platter and the champagne platter, there was plenty for the two of us, my only regret is not staying there all day and trying all the different platters they offer as they all looked amazing.
Having been to most of the top restaurants in London including Hestons i can say the atmosphere and service here is 100%.
I am amazed this place could have any negative reviews! In fact maybe they should stick to Cafe Rouge next time???
We will be return very soon with our little one who will appriciate the food just as much us!

Kettering, United Kingdom
“Like walking into Paris”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My partner brought me here for my Birthday. From the outside it looked very quiet and we almost decided to go elsewhere but I'm glad we didn't. The eating area is set back from the street and what you see from the street is more like a 'wine bar' area.
The atmosphere was lovely and reminded me of walking into a bistro down a side street in Paris.
Staff were attentive without being intrusive, very helpful, and remembered the little details.
We had the seafood platter to start, with the king prawns being especially delicious. My aubergine parmigiana was fantastic. My partner had the steak with green peppercorn sauce and enjoyed it, but he did say he's had better. We shared a chocolate desert wih four different elements, I especially liked the ameretti base to the chocolate cheesecake.
Overall, it was the setting and the staff that made the meal for me. The food was lovely, but the only downside was my partner expected more from the steak given the high quality of the rest of the dishes. Thank you for a wonderful and romantic evening.

Harrogate, England, United Kingdom
“Return visit and as good as before”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Second time here, same friendly staff and quality of service and food as good as before. The wine carte is varied and suits all budgets.