“Lovely food”
Review of The Drop Forge - CLOSED

The Drop Forge
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: See info on website. Let me know when it's listed as would love to be the first to write a review. Very impressed lovely converted industrial builidng in Birminghams jewellery quarter.
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Went for lunch with friend
We arrived quite late for lunch but the staff were excellent. Order taken quite quickly and food arrived beautifully presented. I had fish cakes which were to die for and the sauce was really tasty. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Big thank you to the team at the drop forge for helping us have a truly memorable joint 30th birthday and engagement celebration. Your service, food and flexibility was impeccable and we all had a fantastic time. We especially enjoyed our little prosecco bar on the terrace in the sun :O) we will definitely be back for meal, drinks and hopefully further celebrations and will absolutely be recommending you to friends and family.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Loved the location and decor, very friendly staff - little to dislike !! I particularly like the sharing platters and the pork dish is excellent.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have visited the bar /restaurant a few times and theres a warm welcome some intimate and interesting tables , fantastic food the portions are not huge but very flavour packed ,I love the pre 5.30 pm bar menu ,the bar is very good as theres a lot of choices . All in an interesting setting of a n old drop forge which is partialiy in situ . Well worth a visit I am a wheelchair user and it has a lift to the higher level and is mainly accessible (theres a few steps down to an alcove area.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I visited this pub with my partner during on a weekday just after they started service.

My partner ordered a roast pork main meal, this meal was good, the pork was very tender, the only criticism would be that the portion was very small and there were not enough vegetables
I ordered chicken and potato salads. MY feelings about this food is that the chef or owner do not seem to care much about customer's health. my food virtually was half oil and half food. I could not eat it at all. My partner who was with me, who usually will eat anything, could not manage more than a few mouthfulls. I complained about it and the staff seem ruder afterwards.

I left the restaurant deeply disappointed and hungry. I thought it was not worth the expensive price that i paid for this inedible meal.