“Lovely little Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Came here and enjoyed every aspect of the evening.
Great food and ambience! Real mix of ages which was nice. Busy but still felt intimate.
Would definitely return.

There are newer reviews for Cucina Rustica

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Took my wife to the restaurant for her 30th Bday.

Cannot fault any part of our experience. we were greeted with a smile and seated promptly.

The food was excellant as was the service, the price is reasonable too.

Admittedly it was a fairly quiet sunday night and id be interested to visit when its a bit busier but we will definately be eating here again.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Went to this hotal in a group of 8 - many of whom had eaten there before and had a great experience.

It is a nice place and i have to say I had a nice starter....................but then it went wrong

When the main courses arrived I was presented with a meal I hadn't ordered so I sent it back. The others with me carried on eating and when they had all finished my meal was nowhere to be seen. I asked how long it would be - got a shrug of a shoulder from a waiter so cancelled the meal altogehter.

I would have walked out straight away if I had not been in a party. When I stated how unhappy I was instead of any form of an apology I got another shoulder shrug and was told 'It happens sometime' i have news folks - once is forgiveable but it SHOULD NOT happen twice.

Such a shame as the food was enjoyed by everyone else but me experience was ruined by appalling service

2  Thank MickReynolds
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife's birthday so it is Italian and Prosecco her favourite. First time that we have eaten in Birmingham so we went with the reviews from TA. We were not disappointed; service throughout from the greeting, to the bar and then the restaurant was very professional but not at all intrusive.
The menu covered a whole range of Italian dishes and we did our best to sample a good selection mainly fish related; delicious king prawns in garlic, scallops, halibut (firm yet creamy and full of taste) and a mixed fish grill ( I could have eaten more not a large portion). A very reasonable bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc helped it all go down, My wife had a creme brulee and I had a cheese plate with a glass of red, followed by coffee and grappa. A night cap in the bar waiting for the taxi and two and a bit hours had passed very pleasantly. When next in the area we shall most certainly call back.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is by far my favourite Italian restaurant. I have been twice now and can't wait to come back.

The scallops and the calamari are perfection. The wild boar pasta is beautiful and very well presented. The beef / lamb are melt in your mouth fantastic. Service is excellent, presentation is beautiful, good selection of wines, lovely romantic atmosphere.

The first time we went, service was a tiny little bit slow as it was a very very busy saturday night, but we were enjoying ourselves too much to notice.

Beautiful restaurant.