All reviews hot tub steam room naturist hotel plunge pool couples weekend sun loungers heated stone chester road large jacuzzi massage treatments other guests lounge area thoroughly enjoyed our stay comfortable rooms wet room an overnight stay facilities
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

It was my first time at a spa, I wondered how it would be as after all of you feel uneasy on a beach there's space to move away. I needn't of bothered, very welcoming staff it's all just so natural, no judgements or attitudes just friendly normal chat. I was shown around and shown to my room. I had a small room but if that's a small room I guess I can bring a bowls mat of I return to a bigger room! I'm used to b&b standards and to be fair b&b prices, but as the title says the quality shows! Immaculately clean room, magazines in the room, good range on the tea tray and fantastic wet room. So down to the spa, the equipment is first rate hottest sauna I've encountered (so I spent time in the steam room!). I had a massage booked, my first one ever, I did inform the massage therapist this as respect works both ways and I didn't want to break any etiquette or anything. I needn't of worried as everything else it's a relaxed atmosphere and everyone just does they're job with no sense of fuss. The bar area is a pleasant place to just relax and read but I'm someone who feels the heat so personally would prefer the area a bit cooler. The food was great, reasonably priced, freshly cooked and decent portions too. The staff are very attentive, asking if you want another drink etc without being pushy. My room overlooked the hot tub so as people were in there until midnight I had to have my window shut as although only talking it does carry as the back of the building is quiet. I think all the steam room visits and the massage relaxed me so much I slept brilliantly I did wake in the night and thought it must be about 8 I felt so good- I was hours out! Breakfast is great and your bill fully itemised with the items charged to you over your stay- no worries of cash to pay as you go along!
To be fair I didn't like Birmingham (too big and spread out for me) but I did like escaping it and getting to Clover!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank gappygrin
Tim H, Owner at Clover Spa & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your detailed review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and of course we look forward to seeing you again. I’m sure prospective guests will appreciate this review, thank you

Reviewed August 18, 2018

upon arrival, i was looking out for a hotel. but its more a double house and extended at the back with amazing facilities,on this visit i didn't use any, 1st time at a naturist spa, but in time when i am ready..

the rooms were amazing and i got a view of the main road. nosy moments but shutting the window 2 sleep became warm simply from the heat from downstairs a double sunua.

the food was top class even better than going for a pub meal fresh home cooked.. breakfast lovely, the soft drinks large glasses very cheap..oh and asked for ice due to a medical condition me and bucket full in bed cold drinks wasnt a problem for the staff to supply.

the staff are so so friendly and amazing lovely. lisa martin owner tim the other girl totally forget her name. oh yea and the gardener. always around and chat to you when possible. as some guest arrival alone, or simply dont want to mingle with other guests doing own thing.

only annoying thing is contently being asked what time returning if going out..i felt like i was at home still.. maybe they could ask the guest to write in a drop box at respection if eating in or out..so they can see how much food to make.which is understandable being a small bisnuess.

Room Tip: 5 bets it every time
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Suzanne D
Tim H, Owner at Clover Spa & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Thank you for your great rating and review, we are all delighted that you enjoyed your first time visit and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

A visit to Clover Spa is amongst my favourite weekends of the year. We stayed overnight on 11/8 in the luxury room (it's worth paying a bit more for the bigger room). An afternoon of relaxing in the spa and a 90mins massage was bliss. From the moment you arrive, you are treated like royalty. Little things like the staff addressing you by name and the owner asking if you are enjoying your stay are important. The highlight though was returning to Clover Spa after drinks/dinner at 11pm and the night manager asking if we wanted the spa turned on for a night spa. Thanks Simon, we loved it. If you have not been, you don't know what you are missing out on. I'm already looking forward to the next visit.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Tim H, Owner at Clover Spa & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thank you for your review, it is our pleasure to serve lovely, friendly and respectful people like yourselves. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, relaxing in the spa and your blissful massage, we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

My first time at the Clover Spa and I have to say it is worth a visit went for the first timer deal with a body scrub massage, which was very reasonable, and very relaxing. As soon as I got there, I got my kit off, because before hand I was a bit apprehensive, but felt so comfortable I just went for it, everyone was friendly, respectful and the staff made you feel very relaxed. Will def go again and sample some other treatments. And the staff calling you by your first name as soon as you arrive is a lovely touch.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Richard R
Tim H, Owner at Clover Spa & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

It was great to meet you Richard and we're delighted that you enjoyed your first visit and of course we look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed July 22, 2018

This is the first time I have visited a naturist spa and quite honestly, I couldn't have found a better place to start. The staff were instantly welcoming and put me at ease straight away. Everything was explained to me and I was shown around before being left to undress in the spotlessly clean changing room.
The facilities overall were excellent, everything you would expect from a spa and so clean!!! I had a Swedish massage whilst there and it was amazing, felt incredible afterwards.
The other aspect of a place like this is the other patrons. Because of the hospitality of the staff, because of the wonderful facilities, the patrons are the loveliest bunch of people you could wish to meet. Without sounding corny, a true little family. Never have I been made to feel so welcome when visiting somewhere alone.
I will definitely be making frequent trips to the Clover as I am lucky enough to be close enough to do so. Cannot recommend this place enough.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank ClaireJ461
Tim H, Owner at Clover Spa & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

It was our pleasure to meet you and welcome you to Clover Spa. We have such admiration for anyone who takes the first step into mixed gender social nudity as we know how daunting that thought can be, so well done you! We also know from years of experience how liberating, confidence boosting and uplifting it can be when all you wear is a smile!
Thank you for writing this review, potential guests always prefer to read an impartial account of their experience.
We look forward to seeing you again soon