“Avoid breakfast”

Cafe Rouge - Birmingham New Street
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Avoid breakfast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Never been here for Breakfast before and will not rush back. The scrambled egg was like rubber, the toast stone cold and the bacon as dry as cardboard . Avoid!

• Visited March 2014

Suffolk
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Welcomed and allowed to sit near the window.
We had to wait for menu's and collected them ourselves. After that the service and attention improved.
We had the batons with garlic butter and aoili, then the chicken with broccoli, mash. Beautifully cooked, presented artistically, great prices.
There was a good set menu for 1, 2 and 3 courses but we were spoilt for choice on the food and went with something we really enjoyed. This was our dinner at 6.30pm.
Definately enjoyed this, good price with wine and soft drinks.

Visited February 2014
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Good food, good service.Limited menu but i take it that is the style of the chain.Eating area is functional ,Cafe style not restaurant style. As this was the first time I had used one of this chain I did not quite know what to expect.Overall a pleasant meal and I would go back again.

Visited February 2014
Ripponden
“A let down to French cuisine”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've been to (various) Café Rouges three times now - I don't know why I keep returning! Maybe it's my love of French cuisine and my hope that one day, just once, Café Rouge will live up to French expectations! Alas, it NEVER does (and I'd know, I used to live in France!) This visit was no exception ...

Service - verrrryyyy slllooooooowwww at first, then couldn't wait to berid of us!

Food - EXTREMELY over priced (£10 for a small, burnt baguette sandwich at lunch time!!!), bland and (we've all seen the under cover documentary) clearly warmed up in a microwave.

Atmosphere - Nice Francais touches here and there, but mostly clinical, corporately decided with no personality nor comfort.

Toilets - okay and clean.

It seems amongst discussion that most people think it has good potential, but does not live up to expectations/representation due to bad quality, over priced food and bad service in ALL establishments!

• Visited January 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

This is the 2nd time I have ever entered a Cafe Rouge and this was the last. The food is overpriced, below average and not well represented. I would recommend to anybody thinking of eating in this establishment to consider going to Gregg's before hand. At least you will get what you have paid for.

• Visited January 2014