“More Z -list than A-list”

Celebrity Indian Restaurant
Ranked #137 of 2,252 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dudley, United Kingdom
“More Z -list than A-list”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This restaurant seems to have a confusing name. The decor is fairly non descriptive. If they really wanted to make it a 'must eat in' venue, they need to make the ambience more interesting. The music was vague and at no point did the restaurant seem to convey 'celebrity.

The food was average for the prices charged. They charge 10% for service which meant that they had a lacklustre attitude.

Overall, this restaurants lacks character and I would rather head to Akhbar's or Rose Murree on Hagley road for the decor and service. For better and cheaper Asian cuisine, stick to the Balti triangle.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Mesbah S

London, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Very pleasant surroundings nice staff and a great menu to choose from. The food was tasty and well cooked a definite change to our southern Indians we get in Essex a lot more spice but very nice in fact was a very nice change. You were not rushed through your courses at all like you are in some places. We thought the food was very reasonably priced and so were the drinks. Would definitely eat there again if visiting Birmingham again.

1 Thank hastingsfamily
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Average at best”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice surroundings , excellent staff .food over priced and average .living in Bradford I know I am very spoilt for good Indian food .
Why does a Masala dish always come bright orange and with coconut in.
There were 6 pieces of chicken in my bright orange meal .
Maybe it's just a regional thing , but not for me.
I wouldn't return .

2 Thank stuart c
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“meal experience”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

having never been before was pleasantly surprised by the super friendliness of the staff, our waiter was mister T, he was great, he made us feel very welcome and the food was excellent,will definately be going back, super night

1 Thank diave
ZIDBHX
“Very tasty food, imaginative dishes”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our reservation was at 7:30 on a Friday evening, the restaurant was very quiet so was a little concerned. However, we were in for a treat! I had the sesame duck and tamarind starter (wonderfully spiced) followed by Adha Murgh (the ginger and garlic sauce on this was gorgeous). The chicken was a little overcooked but this didn't stop me from cleaning my plate. The house red was a reasonable price and the waiters were friendly. The sauces that came out with the poppadoms (x4) were left with us throughout the meal (at our request). There's more on this menu I want to try so I will be coming back!