“Great food, rubbish service ”
Review of Nando's - CLOSED

Nando's
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I have been to this nandos a few times and never had a problem until this visit. The food was fine, but the service was awful. No one cleared our dirty plates, we waited for 40 minutes and no one even approached the table. Had to leave without my son's dessert because the staff clearly weren't bothered. Won't go to that one again.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have visited to the Nandos lots of times , as i am a student in near by university which is 5 Min walk. i visit Nandos twice or some times even thrice a month. My favourite is quarter chicken , in sides i love the spicy rice , garlic bread or the peri peri fries they are just amazing. if you want , you can request a breast piece or a leg piece depending on what you like. The service is nice , and the service team is really very helpful too. The interiors make the place look it still has bit of African culture, basically Nandos is a south African chain of restaurants round the world. There is a live kitchen in every outlet where the customer can see the juicy and the fresh chicken is being grilled. There are a variety of sauces available from extra hot - lemon flavoured which makes the chicken more mouth watering. Worth visiting the place !!!

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I needed a bite to eat after work on a Friday evening and fancied a Nando's, there was a wait on tables at the Broad Street restaurant so walked to this restaurant which I had not visited before. They were busy but luckily we were seated straight away, small wait at the till to order but the food arrived within 20 minutes and was spot on, butterfly chicken breast, spicy rice and corn cob, washed down with a couple of cold beers, a great way to relax after a hard day at work.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Received our starters, 3 minutes later received our mains. When i questioned this, they asked if id like my food placed under a heater (going dry and not fresh like they make out) whilst customers queuing can breathe all over it. No thanks and never again.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Okay, so I had some idea of what to expect, but I was left feeling rather underwhelmed. Perhaps it's an age thing (ie not for the over 60's!). Service was fast and cheerful, and the place had a real buzz (at around 4.30pm on a Saturday evening). Ordered the whole chicken (for two!), fries and some type of peas (can't remember the actual description). Food okay, but I would have preferred a burger type meal (a sign of laziness on my part?).

My experience was probably coloured by a much more enjoyable meal at the Great British Burger the day before; so perhaps an unfair review on my part? Sorry, but it's how I felt about the place.

I would try Nando's again, but order something different next time.