“Very good value for money”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Highlight Birmingham Comedy Club
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I got a deal on Travelzoo for the show which was extremely reasonable. To be honest though, it is still good value for money even without the travelzoo vouchers. I got a little better than half price off which included a meal. Me and my girlfriend shared a surprisingly tasty thai green curry and a grilled chicken salad. The portions were decent sized as well. Discounting the comedy show, the food cost the equivalent of a Weatherspoons but was better quality.
They make most of their money on the drinks but they are still not overly expensive.
The host was very funny and she involved the audience a lot. There was one guy who was side splittingly funny that me and my girlfriend both were cracking up over. There were three other comedian other than this one. Two were funny but the third who did a shorter set (I think he was new to comedy) bombed.
The only downer on the evening was a bottle of wine that we had to ask for twice and came late but other than that decent food, great comedy, and good value.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Me and my work mates went here for our christmas do. We paid for the v.i.p pack.
We have a turkey dinner which was lovelly and so was the cheese cake.

3/4 acts were so funny and I was in tears.
After party was very lively and everyone wa just so happy.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have been to this club a number of times, we have had a number of KGB deals and enjoy a burger and a pint, we add a bucket of chips each which costs an extra £2:50 but my goodness they are a bucket! You get a huge portion of chips that are always hot, fresh and so tasty. As a Vegetarian it is nice to have the option of a Veggie burger and it is always so tasty.
The staff are always kind, attentive and polite and always ready to help THANK YOU... my only grumble is that we have visited and ended up seeing the same comedian who also used the same material that we had heard a few weeks earlier, I thought this was a shame and a little odd as surely a comedian would keep his material fresh??? The other thing to note is that there is an awful amount of swearing which is sadly the norm now, I can cope with swearing, but when it is repetitive it becomes grating and is it just me or is the use of the C*** word taking things a little too far? Maybe it is just me but surely you can make people laugh without the constant use of the F word and the vulgar C*** word endlessly, otherwise a good night out...

Reviewed February 20, 2013

we managed to get cheap tickets for the Highlight comedy club on Broad Street. The club itself is well laid out if a little crampted. The staff welcome you in and are generally very efficient. We had pre ordered food which was what you would expect in such a club. thought the buckets of chicken drumsticks looked good and the bucket of chips and onion rings were excellent, it was the main meals that were lacking. The place gets very full, lots of hen parties and the music is very loud with screens playing music vidios ( loudly!) There were 3 comedy acts and an MC so from that point of view it was very good value. That night the comedy was of a very good standard and the audience were funny too. To smoke you have to go onto Broad St which is very exciting on a Saturday night and that was a show in its self. While we enjoyed the comedy we found the music inbetween to be too loud but that could be our ages! While the food was plentyful it was not great so next time we would do the bucket food as that looked more attractive. Alcoholic drinks were reasonably priced for a city centre club. Toilets are clean and plentyful for the girls. The screens playing the music vidios then allowed you to see the stage when the acts were on though we had a good view anyway.

1  Thank annamarie_keane