“Expensive and food just 'OK'.”

Gino D’Acampo My Restaurant
Ranked #181 of 2,792 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The place is quite big and you have to be a fan of 1950's blue to like the interior. Hundreds of Gino selfie photos on the walls! There were some very nice genuine Italian staff who were very helpful. Wine list a bit limited. The food was ok but nothing special. The mains do not come with much and by the time you have added side dishes it is very expensive. The loyalty card system is rediculously complicated and a bit misleading on the discounts. Hmmmm.

1  Thank DGoscar
GinoBirmingham, General Manager at Gino D’Acampo My Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the deco but I'm please to see you found our team helpful.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,

Simone

Write a reviewReviews (219)

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Group of work colleagues visited for post Christmas meal. Decor is nice. Service was excellent and we all enjoyed our food. Another good edition to the restaurant choice in Birmingham

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Six of us visited this new restaurant on a busy Friday night and we were impressed with the decor and atmosphere.Service was excellent throughout the evening and the food was very good but two of our pasta dishes were only moderately warm.As it was a birthday celebration no-one wanted to make a fuss about this at the time.
A live DJ played some great music during the evening but the volume could have been reduced a notch as conversation across our table was slightly difficult.
We enjoyed a great evening and will certainly return either individually or jointly in the future.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed January 20, 2020

We had such a lovely visit to Gino’s. We visited on a Friday evening as 2 couples. We arrived and were greeted pleasantly by all the staff, we initially had a drink at the bar before being seated at our table. Our waiter Memo was a credit to the restaurant, what a top bloke! He went through the menu with us and gave us some recommendations and really helped our evening be a fantastic memorable one, the food was literally the best Italian food I have tasted in a long time. For a main meal, I had wild boar Ragu and my wife had the linguine with Clams. Both meals were amazing! We had bread and olives to start and ended with a shared Chocolate Fondant. Food, Wine, Laughter exceptional staff lovely atmosphere I literally cannot praise this place enough. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank lee1981
Reviewed January 19, 2020

Perfect restaurant to visit if you want to ruin your night, receive appalling customer service and go to sleep hungry. Upon arrival we were told our table wasn’t ready but we could wait at the bar while they prepared it for us - this in fact was a poor attempt to get myself and my girlfriend to spend as much as possible at the bar prior to our dinner as the table they eventually sat us down at (35mins later than our booking time) was one which was empty for the entire time we were sat at the bar!

The most disappointing part of the night was the meal. After choosing the linguine lobster for £23 I was shocked to see when the meal actually arrived there was roughly 10 grams of lobster actually in the pasta with the rest being an empty shell for the “look” - what a joke!

To top off the perfect anniversary dinner with my girlfriend after this dreadful meal - the waiter named “Ale” was rude throughout the night and needs plenty of training in customer service - we asked for the service charge to be removed politely after our experience on the night to which his response was kissing his teeth (very unprofessional)

If you are looking for a lovely Italian dinner near to the area I would highly recommend - San Carlos, Fumo, Gusto or even Bella Italia

4  Thank SF96-11
GinoBirmingham, General Manager at Gino D’Acampo My Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your dining experience with us.

I really want you to know that what you have experienced is not are normal standard of service.

Please feel free to email me directly when you wish to visit us again and I will personally make sure you receive an outstanding service.

My email address is Simone.Assenza@ginodacamporestaurants.com.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thanks