Tripadvisor

“First Visit”

Gino D’Acampo My Restaurant
Ranked #174 of 2,754 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Group of work colleagues visited for post Christmas meal. Decor is nice. Service was excellent and we all enjoyed our food. Another good edition to the restaurant choice in Birmingham

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (223)

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Six of us visited this new restaurant on a busy Friday night and we were impressed with the decor and atmosphere.Service was excellent throughout the evening and the food was very good but two of our pasta dishes were only moderately warm.As it was a birthday celebration no-one wanted to make a fuss about this at the time.
A live DJ played some great music during the evening but the volume could have been reduced a notch as conversation across our table was slightly difficult.
We enjoyed a great evening and will certainly return either individually or jointly in the future.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed January 20, 2020

We had such a lovely visit to Gino’s. We visited on a Friday evening as 2 couples. We arrived and were greeted pleasantly by all the staff, we initially had a drink at the bar before being seated at our table. Our waiter Memo was a credit to the restaurant, what a top bloke! He went through the menu with us and gave us some recommendations and really helped our evening be a fantastic memorable one, the food was literally the best Italian food I have tasted in a long time. For a main meal, I had wild boar Ragu and my wife had the linguine with Clams. Both meals were amazing! We had bread and olives to start and ended with a shared Chocolate Fondant. Food, Wine, Laughter exceptional staff lovely atmosphere I literally cannot praise this place enough. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank lee1981
Reviewed January 19, 2020

Perfect restaurant to visit if you want to ruin your night, receive appalling customer service and go to sleep hungry. Upon arrival we were told our table wasn’t ready but we could wait at the bar while they prepared it for us - this in fact was a poor attempt to get myself and my girlfriend to spend as much as possible at the bar prior to our dinner as the table they eventually sat us down at (35mins later than our booking time) was one which was empty for the entire time we were sat at the bar!

The most disappointing part of the night was the meal. After choosing the linguine lobster for £23 I was shocked to see when the meal actually arrived there was roughly 10 grams of lobster actually in the pasta with the rest being an empty shell for the “look” - what a joke!

To top off the perfect anniversary dinner with my girlfriend after this dreadful meal - the waiter named “Ale” was rude throughout the night and needs plenty of training in customer service - we asked for the service charge to be removed politely after our experience on the night to which his response was kissing his teeth (very unprofessional)

If you are looking for a lovely Italian dinner near to the area I would highly recommend - San Carlos, Fumo, Gusto or even Bella Italia

4  Thank SF96-11
GinoBirmingham, General Manager at Gino D’Acampo My Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your dining experience with us.

I really want you to know that what you have experienced is not are normal standard of service.

Please feel free to email me directly when you wish to visit us again and I will personally make sure you receive an outstanding service.

My email address is Simone.Assenza@ginodacamporestaurants.com.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thanks

Simone

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

The atmosphere as soon as you walk in is loud and vibrant . We visited on a Saturday at 3pm. It was packed but there were seats along the bar where you can also eat. We’d booked a table it was right at the end by kitchen and till . I was disappointed at first but that soon disappeared ! I loved watching the kitchen and the way they worked so fast and organised! We had singing too !! All the team that served us made us feel welcome and they were amazing and so attentive ! No matter who you passed as you go through they all greet you with a smile ! It was noisy and I loved it ! Everyone happy enjoying their experience ! We ordered a bottle of Pinot Grigio reasonably priced at £22 ! If you want to enjoy a drink before eating don’t order straight away as service is super quick ! The pasta is small compared to some places but more than enough for a healthy sized portion and beautifully al dente! The Sea bass stays crispy on top right to the last mouthful!! The courgette fries are immense and the Baileys panna cotta Is the best I’ve tasted ! We finished with a cappuccino (beautifully presented ) and lovely coffee and an expresso with a sambuca shot - £82 all in - whilst some may consider expensive I would argue that the food, service and atmosphere makes up for paying a little more . There is a service charge added but it’s optional ! I have to say finally- a visit to the toilets it’s a must ! They smell amazing ! Love the decor throughout - can’t wait to go back - next time I will sit at the bar to soak up more of the great atmosphere !