“Note To disabled:”

Ranked #78 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
“Note To disabled:”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed Fri to Sun night. Hotel very convenient for motorway and my family. Booked a disabled room because I have MS but was disappointed to find that all the disabled rooms have a shower over a bath. No way I can lift my legs to use it! There is a hoist system installed above the beds and in the bathroom but as I have never used one I just used the big but shallow sink for a wash down and put my head over the bath while my husband washed my hair! Room was basic but clean, however the water never got more than lukewarm and the pillows were like house bricks!. BUT it's not all negative, I very much agree with other reviews the staff are all lovely! There was a big Indian party on the Saturday night, the music was very loud but although we were in the 1st corridor after the party, we couldn't hear a thing, the staff asked at breakfast if we had slept ok, glad to say we did. My husband was very impressed with the breakfast, all the food was excellent.Will stay again because it was so easy to visit werever we wanted from there but will shower at my daughter's!

1 Thank vanessa c
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Vanessa C,

On behalf of the team at the hotel I read your comments with interest and also concern and offer my sincere apologies regarding your accessible bedroom.

May I please check if you had chance to speak to a Manager or a member of staff on duty at the time? As with regards to the hoist, there is always someone on duty to talk you through how to use this and also set this up for you id required.

If you ever plan to visit the area again, please contact our Reservations Team direct on 0121 386 7016 as they will be only too happy to help with your requirements before you arrive.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future.

Gehan Eriyagama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Reasonably convenient hotel with good large clean rooms. Service all over the hotel was pleasant and courteous. The pool area was good with a large sauna and steam room and the pool is a reasonable size. A reasonably well equipped gym but it does get busy from 5pm onwards. Breakfast was good as was the carvery but it is not the cheapest but I couldn`t fault the food or service. The bar is pretty expensive too but otherwise a clean and pleasant stay with nice friendly staff who give a good service..

Room Tip: Staff are really friendly and helpful
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear emptysporran,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I was pleased you enjoyed your stay and grateful your your interesting comments which are useful to us and future guests.

I hope we can welcome you back very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Only stayed overnight, mostly a convenient stop off between Cadburys world and Santa Pod. Usually standard of Holiday Inn but most commend the staff. They could not have been more helpful, friend or considerate. From check in, staff helped us with finding Cadbury World, giving great directions and advice on the Bullring shopping centre. The gym staff helped with a newbe with treadmills, working out kms to miles and splits. Restaurant staff gave our 'fussy' eaters loads of time to eat and check out was so easy. Utterly friendly and helpful. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Rachael P,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that your visit and for taking the time to comment. I will ensure that the team are aware as they will be encouraged by your information.

Your information is very useful to us and is taken seriously, in order for us to get to know out guests and their needs.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Brighton, UK
Reviewed February 19, 2014

First of all I have to say how impressed I was with the staff of this hotel. Every single member of staff went out of their way and its something I rarely experience in this country even in expensive hotels. From the restaurant staff to the spa staff to staff just generally working around the hotel. All went out of their way to say good morning or ask you if they could help like when we looked lost looking for the swimming pool. We must've been asked every half an hour if everything was ok with our food at dinner and breakfast. Which brings me on to dinner - I have to say I had rather low expectations as our meal was included in the rather cheap rate (£85 for a family room) anyway and lets face it these hotels don't have a great rep for food. Well I was so wrong! The menu was limited to 3 choices of each course but what we had was fantastic quality including the kids food. I would've been happy to pay £50-£60 for this meal for 2 adults 3 kids.

Breakfast had a good selection and the kids loved the pancake making machine. Whoever came up with the kids eat free option had never met my kids!

The not so good points however are why I've given it an average. The room itself was ok but the bedding had a black mould stain on it and the bathroom was in seriously need of some TLC. Its not a big deal to go and bleach all the grout to remove all the stains. The tap was broken too. The room itself has clearly been renovated but the bathroom hasn't and really needs it. The bar, check in and restaurants are all nice and updated but the corridors etc are old and shabby.

The pool and changing areas looked ok but were dirty. The pool was murky, the floors covered in muck and yet again manky grout etc. The jacuzzi was full of black hair all around the edges and the water murky again. I made sure we all scrubbed ourselves after getting out thats for sure! The sauna in the changing rooms was nice though and as previously said the staff were lovely.

So all in all a mixed bag. I think for the price it was very good and a few small changes would make it excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear babymt,

Thank you for taking the time to give your through feedback following your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I am pleased that generally you have a great time. We always welcome information as it is very useful and shared with the departments. Future guests find any feedback useful too.

It would be nice to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had a nice weekend in this hotel. Bed was comfy, room clean, 37" flat screen tv in exec room was a plus. Foods in restaurant delicious. Staff friendly and attentive, though when we checked in front desk lady got a bit confused whether Club members can have extended check out or not. Had to walk a long way to our rooms and had the feeling we are walking in a dormitory. Doors a bit worn out, so is the carpet. Spa was nice with jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and swimming pool. Can stay there after you checked out too. A bit too many people for the size of the spa, but I guess thats just because of the weekend. All in all we were satisfied with it.

2 Thank Istvan B
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Istvan B,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your stay with us.

I am pleased that generally you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments are very welcome and useful to other future guests. I will ensure that your feedback is passed to the relevant channels for future reference.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This hotel was very good. Parking was free and plentiful, check in was swift and staff were friendly.
The room was nice although it was such a long way from reception.
The only thing I will say that was disappointing was that when we rang reception, no one would answer the phone - AT ALL!! We rang and rang and rang but nobody would answer which was slightly inconvenient with reception being so far from our room. When we got downstairs 10 minutes later, there were two members of staff stood at the desk just talking. When I approached and said I had rang but no one answered the receptionist told me that they had a queue out of the door with people checking in. This is fair enough, however I would suggest that looking after customers already in the hotel is just as important as checking customers in. This is either a staffing issue or something that can be easily sorted out by just diverting the phones to someone who can assist during busy periods. I have visited a lot of hotels and have never experienced ignorance when trying to contact reception.

Overall, the room was comfortable and the location was perfect for our visit to Birmingham. We stayed room only so I cannot comment on the food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close reception area or you could end up walking for ages to get to your room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Lucy B,

Thank you for taking the time to give your thorough feedback following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

It is information such as this that helps us to get to know our guests. With this in mind, I will be speaking to my Reception manager who I know will be interested to hear your comments too.

I do hope that we may welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards, Gehan Eriyagama, General Manager
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed at hotel for a night away with my partner. The staff where very friendley and very efficient checkin. Our room was nice apart from there was so many tiny hairs in the bathroom and on the bath tub which was slightly off putting but other then that we really enjoyed our night there. The breakfast staff were great to i rang down five minutes before breaky and said i was on my way down and wanted to take my food back to my room and when i got down stairs they had a tray with cutlery, salt and pepper etc waiting for me which i thought was a nice touch. Would defo stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hi Kate655,

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and had nothing but praise for the staff. I will ensure that this is communicated, especially the Housekeeper as your information as this is very helpful to us.

I do hope that we may welcome you back in the near future.