“Roach Motel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #75 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Twin Cities, MN
“Roach Motel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

The premises were somewhat dirty. When I saw a roach, I knew it was a bad omen. I guess you get what you pay for. Wasn't expecting the Four Seasons but this property was definitely below average. The room's decor was outdated. I actually think some La Quintas and Days Inn back in the US are better than this one. The staff was also a bit rude. And it's so far away. Beats me why would anyone want to stay here. I won't come back for sure, not even with their lower rates. The only good thing was when I left, never to come back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank A J
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear AJ

I am surpirsed and concerned by your comments. We have certainly never had any issues with roaches at the hotel.

As you can see from previous comments, we have a high standard of cleanliness within the hotel. Please contact me directly as I would like to contact this matter directly with you.

Telephone 0871 942 9009 or email gehan.eriyagama@ihg.com

Kind regards
Gehan Eriyagama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were all friendly. We used the pool and gym. I always find that such a benefit over Premier Inn. As a frequent user of Holiday Inn my son loves to get free wifi, great to have more than just half an hour. We visited Cadbury World, which was great. Thinktank, a science museum and Black Country Living Museum, so lots to do in the area.
Breakfast was a little chaotic and messy but lots of choice.
We would certainly come back to this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear 79Caz,

Thank you for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted and thank you for your comments. I have taken the liberty of displaying a copy for the staff to see, in order that they are aware of your comments, as I am sure they will be greatly encouraged.

Your information is very useful to us and is taken seriously, in order for us to find solutions and remain focused on delivering “Great Hotels Guests Love”.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Corby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Was there with my wife and kids. We were met by a lovely gentleman who made us feel at home. 5☆☆☆☆ for reception stuff.
When we got to the room, l can only say it was a wooow!!moment. The kids loved the setup. Wife was completely impressed. Warm comfy beds, ironing equipment came handy. Bathroom tidy...10☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆.
Breakfast. ...top of the range. I loved everything, smiling kitchen stuff,

I just loved everything. ..well done guys. I'm staying there each time l visit Birmingham. You have my vote. No more b&b for me. Holiday lnn baby!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear 123Corby,

Thank your for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Birmingham M6 J7.

I was delighted that you had a great time and I am very grateful for your kind comments which will be helpful to other guests considering our hotel.

I will ensure that the staff see your feedback as they will be very proud. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kindest regards
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

2nd time staying at this hotel, is a useful place to stay if like me you want to visit a little of Birmingham and be close enough to Drayton Manor. This is a very much a conference hotel, but that doesn't bother me or my 2 children. the family room was big enough, with a decent sixe tv and good choice of channels. health club with Pool was good, not too busy and no sneering and taking in kids, in fact staff were very friendly and helpful. But it is the restaurant staff that I will save all my top praise for! even thought the restaurant was busy with pre-booked large groups they still managed to it us in on the first night when we had not booked. they then proceeded to treat us with the utmost respect and excellent service even thought they were clearly struggling to keep up. Nobody expects a prefect hotel stay, even when you stay at the best hotels in the world things go wrong, but its more about how the hotel staff deal with these problems that makes a hotel and I think this is one of the better ones in that respect.

Room Tip: my top tip is to pre-book the restaurant especially in midweek due to large groups often being booke...
Dear Mark J,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments. I have taken the liberty of displaying a copy for the staff to see, in order that they are aware of your comments, as I am sure they will be greatly encouraged.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Hull
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stayed here recently on an organised trip and was not offered no alternative to the food on offer, when I asked for something different I was informed I had to have what everyone else was having.

After a rather heated debate eventually after requesting the Manager I was offered an alternative.

This then took an an hour to come and when it came the chicken was cold, the brocolli wasn't cooked, cauliflower was hard and the roast potatoes where like rubber.

I finally left the meal and was advised by two members of staff to go to Just Eat....not a good recommendation for this hotel.

Will definitely never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Airliebird47
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Airliebird47,

On behalf of the team at the hotel I read your comments with concern and disappointment. The kind of feedback you have provided is very useful and taken seriously in order for us to find solutions and deliver the best quality of service and hospitality to all our guests.

Your comments will be discussed with immediate affect with my Food and Beverage team. We do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel in the future.

Please contact us as we would like to speak to you in person

Gehan Eriyagama

Travelers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very Clean and comfortable ,not particularly easy to find as J7 was closed and my little Garmin friend was a little slow .Large busy car park , friendly helpful staff

Booked on booking .com, cost room only, £46 Gave breakfast a miss at £15 , but had supper in the bar quite good , a tad overpriced but it wasn't a night for sampling the delights of Birmingham
and it had been a long day.

Room Tip: None in particular
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMHIM6J7, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham M6, Jct. 7, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear 1amnotanumber,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments are very welcome and useful to other future guests.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Thanks to all the staff for making the celebration a night to remember! DJ provided great music and buffet was really good. Despite other (larger) function staff provided excellent service throughout the night. Superb breakfast with plenty of much needed coffee.
Excellent room facilities - top tip: shower needs to be pointed down before turning on to avoid water over the bath side!
Comfortable bed and pillows. Quiet room and good exercise to get to reception.
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Pick 200's to avoid stairs
Dear daffin,

I was pleased that you had a great time and I am grateful for your kind comments which will be helpful to other guests considering our hotel and also for the staff. I will forward this to the team to see as they will also be encouraged.

I hope we are able to welcome you back very soon.

Kindest regards