This hotel has a great location, right near the the central library, convention center and happening places on Broad Street. It boasts a 4 star rating, but it is questionable how it maintains this rating. On the plus side the rooms are reasonably large, bed is comfortable, bathroom is reasonable and there is a good size desk. The lobby is large and there is a bar ( expensive and not very active) as well as a restaurant that serves a large buffet for 11 pounds or so. However, the rooms are old and distressed- holes and threadbare carpets, few plugs for laptops, recharging etc. Worst of all, there is no air conditioning and, while the window opens about 5-6 cm, it lets in absolutely no air. Furthermore, my window at least overlooked the main air conditioning, meaning one is exposed to a bothersome fan all night long, only occasionally overridden by noise from the nearby bars. Most of my colleagues checked out after one night and I probably will too, having given it 2 relatively sleepless nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Glass-sheathed contemporary mid-rise hotel in the center of Birmingham, adjacent to International Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Copthorne Hotel Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Copthorne Hotel